• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkunkFury

I hope they have a few good mid-sized levels this time. Smash 64 had Great Fox, Hyrule, and Saffron City which were my 3 favorites. Then Melee had a bunch of tiny things and one HUUUGE Zelda level, plus a bunch of crazy gimmicky stages. I liked some of the stuff they experimented with in Melee, but without a couple good mid sized stages I never felt the selection was better than SSB

I also hate stages with no pits, where you have to knock people off the sides. Kills the fun of spiking and recovering from beneath the platform.

So far all of the stages they've shown look to follow Melee's lead... but I guess with 40 stages or so there must be a handful I'll want to play :(

Nope, never saw it before. And I had it in another tab, was reading GAF, switched back and WTF there was Miyamoto talking on a couch. He plays a song? Aaawwwesome :OOO

WTF!!
Not included is "Mario Scat Version" (Super Mario Sunshine bonus level theme), which finally surfaces as track 4 on the M&ZBBL CD.

ZOMG that was my favorite song from SMS. Where can I hear this??

Also, what the **** is with this chick singing words to the Mario theme? My ears are bleeding. >_<

superbank said:
Yep :D You never saw it before? Even Miyamoto plays a song. The acoustic wind waker songs are my favorite.

For the 2 Zelda stages, I would love a WW stage and a TP stage.

Maybe the WW stage could be in the place where you fight Ganon with all the streaming water.

Dunno what the TP stage would be though, too many good things come to mind. Maybe the top of Hyrule Castle? Which turns into Twilight? I dunno.

Armitage

Alkaliine said:
For the 2 Zelda stages, I would love a WW stage and a TP stage.

Maybe the WW stage could be in the place where you fight Ganon with all the streaming water.

Dunno what the TP stage would be though, too many good things come to mind. Maybe the top of Hyrule Castle? Which turns into Twilight? I dunno.

The water battle from WW would be perfect for a stage. If they needed an environmental hazard they could have big pillars of water fall from the ocean every now and then just off the sides.

PkunkFury said:
I hope they have a few good mid-sized levels this time. Smash 64 had Great Fox, Hyrule, and Saffron City which were my 3 favorites. Then Melee had a bunch of tiny things and one HUUUGE Zelda level, plus a bunch of crazy gimmicky stages. I liked some of the stuff they experimented with in Melee, but without a couple good mid sized stages I never felt the selection was better than SSB

I also hate stages with no pits, where you have to knock people off the sides. Kills the fun of spiking and recovering from beneath the platform.

So far all of the stages they've shown look to follow Melee's lead... but I guess with 40 stages or so there must be a handful I'll want to play :(

Yes yes yes yes yes

Melee's levels were awful, IMHO. A bunch of gimmick stages, which are annoying (always skipped Samus's LOL LAVA! stage on '64), or incredibly tiny stages. Almost every level in SSB64 was very well designed.

RiskyChris said:
Yes yes yes yes yes

Melee's levels were awful, IMHO. A bunch of gimmick stages, which are annoying (always skipped Samus's LOL LAVA! stage on '64), or incredibly tiny stages. Almost every level in SSB64 was very well designed.

Metroid stages need a big improvement in my opinion. You know what would be sweet? To fight on that elevator in which you fight Dark Samus in MP2.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
GaimeGuy said:
yes, because changing two or three characters in a two-line action replay code that you have provided for you is so hard. :lol

Eh... there was no code to unlock the aforemention trophies (other than "unlock everything") and no desire to create one, it seemed, and I didn't feel like unlocking other trophies I could validly access. It wasn't "hard" in as much as once I deciphered which value related to which trophy it could be done, but as I hadn't done AR code deciphering before, it was annoyingly difficult.

I'm a tad puzzled at your response, actually.

NeonZ

So they're going to make Delfino Plaza's theme into one of the songs in Brawl, I suppose.

*Tries to imagine what the arrangement will sound like.

Not necessarily. They didn't use Corneria's music for the Corneria stage in Melee, and the version of Hyrule Field's theme included in the Termina stage wasn't from Majora's Mask.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Am I the only one who thinks of the "Who needs the Kwiki Mart" song from the Simpson's when I hear the Dolphino Plaza theme.

superbank said:
What will be the gimmick for this stage? You fly to different locations with different terrain but it has to be more than that. I can't think of anything.
I think the infamous gloop will be the hazard.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
WOW at the Delphino town stage. But we need the natives in!

Would be amazing if there's a stage from Metroid Prime Echoes, with the harming atmosphere , light crystals switching on and off, Ridley flying in the background shooting fire... Chozo statues holding Item... I want!

A Mario Sunshine stage?
Meh, there goes the advertisment-aspeact of the game :-/
Would have been better if they made stages for secret, upcoming Wii-games instead of super-old games.
But ok, at least now they HAVE TO make a TWW-stage.
Would be cool if it was the place where Link starts fighting Ganondorf´s puppets, and within the play, a plattform goes up, bringing you to the final battle place surrounded by water.
All that while Ganondorf´s puppets are attacking the players.

Chemo

MasterMFauli said:
A Mario Sunshine stage?
What the hell is this supposed to even mean. Smash Bros as a whole is a Nintendo billboard. Either way, advertisement implies that it's in there to move copies of Mario Sunshine, which is completely ridiculous because how easy do you legitimately think new copies of Mario Sunshine are going to be to come by at the end of 2007? Come the **** on.

Did you ever consider that maybe the stage is fun? It sure sounds like it.

Haunted

That Delfino stage looks really awesome. I can picture myself falling off the stage to lose a point 'just' before it lands. Always happened to me in Melee's F-Zero stage. :( :lol

Mario Sunshine was by far my favorite game of last gen. So this news is great. I kind of wish they picked Ricco Harbor or Bianco Hills instead though. I love those stages. Easily the best out of any Mario game.

But Delfino Plaza is still great fun and who can deny the main theme? It's so infectious. Brilliant choice.

el jacko

WordAssassin said:
Nope, never saw it before. And I had it in another tab, was reading GAF, switched back and WTF there was Miyamoto talking on a couch. He plays a song? Aaawwwesome :OOO

WTF!!

ZOMG that was my favorite song from SMS. Where can I hear this??

Also, what the **** is with this chick singing words to the Mario theme? My ears are bleeding. >_<
You can buy it on CD here. it's actually really well done (and an awesome collection of music VGM or otherwise).

Chris FOM

When I heard about the Delfino level my first thought was that it would suck, but then again Delfino Plaza was one of my favorite courses in Mario Kart DS, so maybe it won't suck. I'll give it a show at least.

jrricky

Banned
Alkaliine said:

Thats actually a nice idea. Hyrule Castle changing between twilight realm and normal.

EDIT: which can also add some gameplay changes (e.g. Link becoming wolf link)

Tom_Cody

tanasten said:
Would be amazing if there's a stage from Metroid Prime Echoes, with the harming atmosphere , light crystals switching on and off, Ridley flying in the background shooting fire... Chozo statues holding Item... I want!

Metroidprime10101.jpg
thardus.jpg

Wow, that sounds amazing. There are endless possibilities. I would love to see Phendrana drifts with Thardus in the background. I don't even care about gameplay interaction, I just want to revisit Phendrana.

MasterMFauli said:
A Mario Sunshine stage?
Would have been better if they made stages for secret, upcoming Wii-games instead of super-old games.
But ok, at least now they HAVE TO make a TWW-stage.
Would be cool if it was the place where Link starts fighting Ganondorf´s puppets, and within the play, a plattform goes up, bringing you to the final battle place surrounded by water.
All that while Ganondorf´s puppets are attacking the players.

And they would show these before the actual "secret upcoming" games are revealed why?

MasterMFauli said:

Nintendo could simply say "Please look forward to Pit and Snake starring in their own games on Wii in 2008."

That'd probably make a little noise.

SWEET new stage. This game is a clear cut above SSB:M for beautiful levels. It looks as if it is nearly the same model of Mario Sunshine, except better textures.

RagnarokX

Armitage said:
The water battle from WW would be perfect for a stage. If they needed an environmental hazard they could have big pillars of water fall from the ocean every now and then just off the sides.

I could see them setting a stage on board Tetra's pirate ship as it sails around Outset or Windfall Island. Randomly have the ship get attacked by cannon fire from those small ships or even have a big octo attack and hit players with its tentacles.

I don't know who suggested it, but a level from Metroid Prime 2 echoes would be incredibly awesome. The world could go between light and dark, when in dark you would have to stick to the portals.

Also, phendrana drifts.

.....anything from Metroid Prime PLEASE!

(also imagine they included Leon S Kennedy then used a level from the village, with the villages in the background cheering)

el jacko said:
You can buy it on CD here. it's actually really well done (and an awesome collection of music VGM or otherwise).

http://www.thehylia.com/soundtrack-bbl.php

Sorry to plug, but if you just want to listen to it, you can listen to it there. You should buy the CD though so you can listen to it in the car.

As for a cool idea for a stage...maybe you can start on top of Ganon's Tower in The Wind Waker, and then the stage floods, and you have to scale up to the surface quickly, where you then go aboard Tetra's pirate ship and it sails to one of the islands, and that's your final destination. If the Isle Delfino has flying around and landing at the location, this could be possible.

Bert409

MP2 seems too unpopular to make into a stage IMO. Phendrana Drifts and Lower Norfair would work nicely. There should be a balance between old school and newer stuff with these stages.

JCX

I hope they pick better levels to keep from the melee. The ssb levels in melee were pretty lame since kirby, donkey kong, and yoshi already had a bucnh of levels. They should've kept hyrule castle and saffron city.

Cyan said:
Damn it. More shitty levels with too many moving parts, confirmed.

Nothing keeps you from playing on Battlefield ad nauseam if you like.

Also, I hope the game allows you to choose the music, instead of having it tied to the stage.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tom_Cody said:
Metroidprime10101.jpg
thardus.jpg

Wow, that sounds amazing. There are endless possibilities. I would love to see Phendrana drifts with Thardus in the background. I don't even care about gameplay interaction, I just want to revisit Phendrana.
Yup, Phendrana Drifts was exactly what I was thinking of for a new Metroid stage. And since a lot of people seem to believe we'll be losing Ice Climbers, a new winter stage would be a good thing.

I personally hope they bring back hyrule castle and the great fox. I don't care if they upgrade the graphics or what-not, just keep the general layout the same.

If they have those two levels, I don't care if all the other ones suck.

Well... there are only 28 "update days" before Nintendo E3 Conference (the 28th day being the actual conference, but the Smash Bros. site updates way before then). I don't think Ness will appear during those days, since they still have seven characters known characters yet to "reveal".

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
DavidDayton said:
Eh... there was no code to unlock the aforemention trophies (other than "unlock everything") and no desire to create one, it seemed, and I didn't feel like unlocking other trophies I could validly access. It wasn't "hard" in as much as once I deciphered which value related to which trophy it could be done, but as I hadn't done AR code deciphering before, it was annoyingly difficult.

I'm a tad puzzled at your response, actually.
There are tables out there that give you the values for each trophy, and the "unlock XX trophy" code is out there, too...

NeonZ

Golden Darkness said:
Well... there are only 28 "update days" before Nintendo E3 Conference (the 28th day being the actual conference, but the Smash Bros. site updates way before then). I don't think Ness will appear during those days, since they still have seven characters known characters yet to "reveal".

If they can show a new stage out of nowhere, they can do the same to a returning character.

Cool a Delphino Island level, i expected it i guess but nice to know that the scenery changes and stuff. SMS wasn't a bad game at all, it was just a good platformer game as opposed to great Mario platforming game.

RagnarokX

SantaC said:

Hell yeah, Sanctuary Fortress was awesome and, sadly, MP2E's only saving grace. I just hope they don't do Brinstar again. That stage was way too small in Melee and the acid gimmick sucked :(

BTW, did anybody notice the "viewing the icons" link?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/icons/index.html

It seems to hint that future updates will include videos :D

Firestorm

Found this somewhere else:

One of the so-called shooting items.
I-I… I want it!
And then comes night.

Gotta heft this thing! Hurrrgh!
Mario is standing by!
Ready?
You can move forward and backward!
You can even shoot while jumping!
Whoa!
He's falling! Danger! ...But don't worry.
Pit draws his bowstring taut...
And fires!
Bam! Bam! BambambambamBAM!
Fire up or down!
Whoooooooaaa!
This is dangerous!
Then it explodes!Oh, the horror!
It sticks to them! Get... GET IT OFF!
Pass it on! It may even get returned to sender...

You can brawl til dawn!

[Nintex]

wow that sanctuary fortress shot looks like shit, the area is much better in the game. All the lightning, shaders and stuff seems missing...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
RagnarokX said:
Hell yeah, Sanctuary Fortress was awesome and, sadly, MP2E's only saving grace. I just hope they don't do Brinstar again. That stage was way too small in Melee and the acid gimmick sucked :(

BTW, did anybody notice the "viewing the icons" link?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/icons/index.html

It seems to hint that future updates will include videos :D
Yep I saw that. The popular vote is that a video will be shown around the time of Nintendo's show at the new E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom