• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOSHI'S STORY IS THE BEST GAME EVER

I have the Yoshi's head-shaped CD for this game!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edit:

<- I like yoshi :lol

ant1532

Banned
Back from the future. Ugh that was tough. But omg! YOSHI STORY ENDING! I LOVE IT !!

MEEEEEE AAAIIIH OHHHH!!! MEEEEEE AAAIIIH OHHHH!!!

SOUNDS ****ING AMAZING.

If this game has music that has so much thought put into it for the entire game, then... just... omg...

I love the ending music to Yoshi's Story, too!

salva said:
what a shitty update

y013.gif

"Dear Yoshi,

Please smite this heathen.

Love,
Tooshi"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I wonder if this is the music that will be playing in that Yoshi's Island stage seen in the trailer or if it is music from an altogether new stage?

ant1532

Banned
If people are saying this is a shitty update they are either being sarcastic or have to be retarded and expect Sakurai to release a new character in one of these updates so soon. We still got A WHILE to go before that happens so stop hoping for a new character damnit! NO HOPE!

Jiggy

They've done the impossible here, to be able to make me like the Yoshi's Story theme. Crazy. So happy right now that I value soundtracks so highly, because this one's really shaping up excellently. :D

ant1532

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
So I'm assuming ya'll have already run the gamut of speculation on new characters based on the composer list, right?
The composers have 0% to do with who are the new characters.

PkunkFury

I guess this proves there's no rhyme or reason to the updates, since neither Yoshi nor his level has been added to the site yet. This means tomorrow we could get Tom Nook's Final Smash without hearing any more about him for months.

It would have made more sense to post the new Delfino mix given Firday's update, but since nothing beats singing Yoshi I am absolutely happy with this. Hilarious that the Killer7 guy chose to mix a disturbingly sugary Yoshi song of all things

and why the hate for this update? We've known music would get it's own posts since the site launched. Be preapred for more sound clips down the road. The game won't be launching for like 5 months, so they have lots of space to fill

I returned Yoshi's Story a few days after I bought it. Thought it was a dissapointment when compared to Island. What do the Yoshi's sing in that game anyways? Are they saying "Be Careful?"

ant1532 said:

"Akihiro Honda
(Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.) Metal Gear Solid 4:
Guns Of The Patriots /
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops"

You sure about that?

Somnid

Son of Godzilla said:
So I'm assuming ya'll have already run the gamut of speculation on new characters based on the composer list, right?

Some people did but obviously they can't fit all franchises in nor would they want to. I thought that they'd just divide up the compositions from the various Nintendo games and have everyone make different ones to give each a unique flavor. I'm looking right.

Shard said:
I wonder if this is the music that will be playing in that Yoshi's Island stage seen in the trailer or if it is music from an altogether new stage?

I would think it would be the YI stage but I could be wrong.

jrricky

Banned
Everything is practically evened out in update now:

Characters:3
Stages:2
Items:2
How To Play:2
Music:2

Except for Game Modes and Notices (what is this for anyways?)

Hope tomorrow's update would add a game mode, but i doubt it. Atleast do it sometime this week.

Anyways, does anyone have the original Yoshi's Story ending? I have never heard it before and wanted to compare this and the original to see the differences. Drop a link on the thread if you have it please, thanks.

ant1532 said:

That's not entirely true. The majority of composers were brought on because Sakurai wanted to gather the most talented composers in all the land to contribute to the game, that's the reason for such an impressive list of non-Nintendo developers. However, any third-party characters will need to have the composers from their respective franchises brought on board to score their stage/theme/etc., so that huge list is related in a small way to third-party characters being in the game, it's just near impossible to deduce with such little information.

duffey

BrodiemanTTR said:
So there's the Killer 7 contribution.
Wrong guy (they have eerily similar last names though), this doesn't really sound anything like his work to be honest.

I'm digging this, I can't wait for more music, it's really the only update I enjoy!

duffey said:
Wrong guy (they have eerily similar last names though), this doesn't really sound anything like his work to be honest.

I'm digging this, I can't wait for more music, it's really the only update I enjoy!

Arrangement Supervisor: Masafumi Takada

Masafumi Takada
(grasshopper manufacture inc.) killer7 / GOD HAND

PkunkFury

BrodiemanTTR said:
That's not entirely true. The majority of composers were brought on because Sakurai wanted to gather the most talented composers in all the land to contribute to the game, that's the reason for such an impressive list of non-Nintendo developers. However, any third-party characters will need to have the composers from their respective franchises brought on board to score their stage/theme/etc., so that huge list is related in a small way to third-party characters being in the game, it's just near impossible to deduce with such little information.

not true at all,

who is to say the music from, say Metal Gear solid, will even be an arrangement by Akihiro Honda. Perhaps Totaka is doing the MGS music stage????

The list is just a list of the folks arranging the compositions, not of the original composers. My guess is that Sakurai put out a call for any talented composers with a desire to arrange Nintendo music. The people who responded are either his friends, folks who appreciate certain N soundtracks and have had a desire to work with the music, or both. Did you know Takada was a fan of Totaka's music? Neither did I, but clearly he is. Sakurai probably got the group together and then asked which Nintendo (or others) songs they'd like to try. It gives a fresh take on every song.

They may have kept all 3rd party song mixes in house, just to keep the roster from leaking. Also, there may be some Nintendo composers who are big fans of the stuff in MGS, Mega Man, Sonic... who want the same opportunity to mix songs that have inspired them.

mj1108

PkunkFury said:
I guess this proves there's no rhyme or reason to the updates, since neither Yoshi nor his level has been added to the site yet. This means tomorrow we could get Tom Nook's Final Smash without hearing any more about him for months.

Doing it that way is great, IMO. This way it'll be a real surprise.

Mockingbird said:
I returned Yoshi's Story a few days after I bought it. Thought it was a dissapointment when compared to Island. What do the Yoshi's sing in that game anyways? Are they saying "Be Careful?"

i always thought they were trying to say "Nintendo"

PkunkFury

ShockingAlberto said:
Kojima said so on Hide-chan a few weeks ago, didn't he?

if that's the case, I am wrong. But I don't see why that means all 3rd party songs would be done in house.

don't forget Hirokazu Ando is not on the composer list, despite being the author of "Menu 1". So I would not be so certain that the absence of a particular 3rd party composer means their character won't appear in the game

Also would like to note that the ending song from YI is a very strange choice for battle music. YI ending is a very slow song. I think the new mix sounds great and I can't wait to play it, but I think this means we will see a handful of very obscure song choices in the game. Seems songs may be chosen based on the arrangers's preference, rather than based on their use in the franchise (here's hoping for a sped up verion of Lon Lon Ranch or Dire Dire Docks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom