• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated that Chouji and Neji were beaten and exhausted within an inch of their lives, with Neji being covered in cuts and having a baseball sized hole blown through his chest, and Kiba stabs himself fully intending to commit suicide, but they all get rescued and healed back to 100%.
I was expecting that crew to be dead, but for some odd reason outside of a few characters Kishi didn't want to commit to their deaths. If Araki or Togashi wrote those parts they'd be dead.

Moaradin

I'd be fine with them living if their characters still had places to go but for the most part they were completely forgotten.

Demoli

Kishi just doesnt want to commit to deaths period. Obito came back from the dead like 3 times.

Hell, the most egregious is the pain arc. It completely handicapped what could be one of, if not the best arc in the entire series.

What i'm most surprised of is that he never brought jiraiya back

Jiraiya had it good. Got out before they could drag his character through the mud.
"Fuck this Edo Tensei Jutsu, Imma just stay here getting drunk and fucking bitches right here in the after life. Leave my fucking dead ass alone Kabuto."
My favorite character in the series ;_;

Would've loved to see his character through the end. So many potential match-ups.
I was so pissed when the teased Itachi and shark boy fighting Jiraiya near the end of part one and it never happened.

Just stop with the pretense that you have effectively read the manga because nothing you say is supported by it.

Bruuuuuuh.

It was specifically noted that the kage meeting was Sasuke's first time using Susanoo and that it was an incomplete form....heck it was just the ribcage lol.

SM Naruto vs Pain was the first time he used SM in an actual fight. I assumed we were arguing under the assumption we weren't comparing their first time uses of their respective forms (EMS/SM), which would be even more unfair to Sasuke.

Anywho... Susano'o rib cages are durable, but to a limit. Tsunade was handling 5 of Madara's full-bodied Susano'o - granted, without armour, and Madara was toying with the Gokage, but the point is that she was doing damage, as were the rest of the Kage.

You need to get a grip on your inflated estimation of Susano'o.

Incomplete susanoo can tank Kirin, perfect Susanoo can fly by bijuu rasenshurikens......SM Naruto is not even a consideration for the league EMS Sasuke is in.

Aight... so what you were referring to by Perfect Susano'o is the Susano'o he obtained after receiving a power-up from the Sage. That clarifies some things. Mostly it makes this entire argument moot because
1. Sasuke never demonstrated this form of Susano'o when he only had EMS despite plenty of opportunities where it would have been helpful
2. If he had, we wouldn't be having this argument, as that would be insane

You want to assume he had access to this Susano'o, that's fine by me, but the manga doesn't appear to imply he did, only that eventually he might since Madara got to that point with EMS, but Madara was much older than Sasuke, and while I'm inclined to believe Sasuke is even more talented than Madara, he didn't demonstrated the ability until after the Sage gave him a power-up, so nah.

Acting dense are we? I said SM Naruto got defeated by Pain easily.

061.jpg

I was being facetious. Yeah, Pain "beat" SM Naruto - or outlasted him, more like it. Granted, Pain was nerfed in that fight since he didn't use the Gedou Mazou or the OP soul-sucking dragon it can produce, but to suggest it was an easy fight when he lost all but one Path just isn't a reasonable stretch of the definition.

Also, really not the point. Naruto adapted to new information on the fly that he received from Katsuyu to figure out how to beat the Rinnegan, a far more powerful eye than the EMS.

It was Kurama who fought Pain and the only reason Pain lost against Kurama was due to his deteriorating health and condition. Oh and Minato coming in to save Naruto from loosing himself.

It wasn't Kurama that was fighting Pain. We know Kurama is an intelligent entity who would know how to fight and not go berserk with rage over an apparent death he had no connection or care for. It was Naruto losing control over Kurama's chakra whilst the seal was breaking.

Again, this is all beside the point, but I digress.

Pain beat SM Naruto. Easily.

Yet again incorrect, and yet again beside the point.

Conveniently leaves out Sasuke using Ameno to stab Madara and slice Madara in half, more than anything Naruto accomplished. Or how many times Sasuke used Enton and Amaterasu against Obito and the Juubi.

I conveniently left it out because it was inconsequential. Madara didn't give a shit, he was immortal, high on his own shit and preoccupied with completing his Rinnegan set.

Naruto kept his teammates alive, which I'd consider to be worth more considering saving them actually mattered, and you know, Kakashi and Sakura were assets that in hindsight contributed a lot to Kaguya's downfall.

Conveniently forgets Sasuke using Ameno numerous times to execute the attacks and saving Naruto several times.

Oh, boy, is this one a stretch.

By rescue, do you mean that time Sasuke threw his sword at a Limbo Madara, who still managed to hit Naruto anyway and did no damage? Or that time when he caught Naruto from falling into lava even though he could fly or use chakra arms to grab hold? Or do you mean that time when Sasuke used Amaterasu to get them out of a block of ice even though Naruto could boil his chakra to such extremes he could have melted it himself?

The one time I can think of Sasuke legitimately saved Naruto in that fight was from the Infinite Tsukuyomi, and even then I have to assume that the Sage's power-up would have protected Naruto from it. But, okay, let's assume it didn't, do I need to bring up the numerous times Sasuke was saved by Naruto in that fight? The guy caught a lotta hands that fight whenever he attacked Kaguya, and she was mostly preoccupied with Naruto, who was the only that could actually hurt her.

Also seems to forget how Naruto has Kurama reserves as well as 8 other tailed beasts partially within him while Sasuke has none.

For someone who carries themselves like the lore master of this series, you have no excuses to be this damn obtuse and outlandish and factually incorrect.

Naruto had half of Kurama and tiny portions of the bijuu.

You act like Sasuke was running out of breath during the fight. That simply wasn't the case. He simply had nothing to offer against Kaguya because his attacks were weak sauce, bruh.

Keep telling yourself that. I simply said Naruto got numerous replenishments throughout the arc, unlike Sasuke. They were both said to be tired at the beginning of the fight.

Let's run through these "replenishment" one more time.

1. Sakura healed some of Naruto's fatigue after hours of non-stop combat
2. Obito sealed Yin Kurama into Naruto so he can live
3. Obito gave Naruto fractions of Shukaku's and Gyuuki's chakra

1 was just a small pick me up that couldn't possibly have undone the fatigue and strain.

2 was Obito giving Naruto chakra to live, and while chakra and stamina go hand in hand, they're not mutually inclusive, i.e. it didn't matter how much chakra Naruto had, he would still suffer from accumulated fatigue.

3 were, once again, tiny portions that like 2 and only served in giving Naruto new abilities.

NONE of these examples you picked prove to any reasonable measure that Naruto was REJUVENATED throughout the war, which would imply he both had his chakra reserves refreshed AND the fatigue wiped away. Naruto received several chakra boosts, that was not in contention, but the exhaustion of fighting and performing jutsu doesn't just go away because of it, and the series has been very consistent on that from the very beginning.

Point here being Naruto needs Kurama to even begin matching Sasuke.

HEpkp0k.png
[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I haven't seen this argument used seriously since the days I browsed narutoforum for spoilers.

Bruh, you're taking that shit completely out of context, considering Naruto just beat Pain, who was a hell of a lot stronger than Itachi who Sasuke had beaten at that time. Naruto had a feeling he would need Kurama's power to beat Sasuke. And he did, but we'e only left to guess what Kishimoto was foreshadowing at this point. I take it as meaning Naruto would have to come to terms with his jinchuuriki powers, which he did in the subsequent arc.

What the manga actually shows is that SM Naruto stomps MS Sasuke, and in all likelihood beats EMS Sasuke.

The amount of times Sasuke used Ameno clearly affected his eye later and Sauske was also nerfed by saying his rinnegan was new:

New%20Rinnegan%20cant%20release%20jutsu%20and%20absorb_zps9eneumax.png

It's genuinely humorous to me that you only seem to recognise the strain and fatigue Sasuke has suffered from fighting, but refuse to accept the same for Naruto.

He evidently did not use all the bijuu chakra otherwise they would be dead.

No, he did. The reason nobody died was because Naruto decided to fight Sasuke seriously without holding back.

Only his strongest form...

Yeah, as in he used his own Senjutsu Sage Powers given to him by the sage + additional natural energy, meaning he didn't use any other powers beyond that that he could have potentially tapped into him.

where he has all bijuu chakra in him...

Yes, small portions that enabled him to use their abilities...

plus clones of his strongest form and Kurama spending time to gather all the natural energy above the surface....

What's your point here? Naruto can gather natural energy, that's the whole point of Sage Mode.

to counter one Indra Arrow with all the remaining bijuu chakra. Once again this just shows whats been said in the manga:

You're still wrong on this.

Sasuke + all remaining bijju chakra = Naruto + Kurama + all the natural energy above the surface + parts of all bijuu chakra
which is effectively

I like your use of "all remaining" as to imply Sasuke was scrapping the barrel for scraps when he had eight nearly full barrels and a half barrel.

Sasuke = Naruto + Kurama

You say it, you can spray it, you pray for it... buuut none of that will make it so.

Come back when you actually read the manga and stop making it up.

I have no intention of continuing this asinine argument, but I would encourage you, again, to take up your own advice.

Kishi just doesnt want to commit to deaths period. Obito came back from the dead like 3 times.

Hell, the most egregious is the pain arc. It completely handicapped what could be one of, if not the best arc in the entire series.

What i'm most surprised of is that he never brought jiraiya back

People say this a lot and I kinda get it but then when you consider the only named casualties saved by the rinne rebirth are...
- Kakashi
- Shizune
- Geezer Toad
Then it doesn't really bother me much at all, at least it didn't inexplicably build the village back up.
Then again I still remember some of the younger folks reaction to that arcs conclusion at the time and some were irate that Naruto didn't just murder Nagato (which would completely fly in the face of that whole break the cycle mantra repeated a dozen times in said arc) so its an oddly polarizing conclusion in various ways it seems.
Plus it's hilarious that Kakashi died temporarily the way he lived, being out of chakra.

But yes it was nice that they committed to keeping Jiraiya dead.

Khezu

Naruto look so much better with just the orange pants and fishnet shirt, with out his forehead protector.

It's one of the rare times he actually looks cool, before then no matter what awesome thing he did, he always just looked like a dork.

Thankfully adult Naruto is a significant improvement.

Dr.Hadji

People say this a lot and I kinda get it but then when you consider the only named casualties saved by the rinne rebirth are...
- Kakashi
- Shizune
- Geezer Toad
Then it doesn't really bother me much at all, at least it didn't inexplicably build the village back up.
Then again I still remember some of the younger folks reaction to that arcs conclusion at the time and some were irate that Naruto didn't just murder Nagato (which would completely fly in the face of that whole break the cycle mantra repeated a dozen times in said arc) so its an oddly polarizing conclusion in various ways it seems.
Plus it's hilarious that Kakashi died temporarily the way he lived, being out of chakra.

But yes it was nice that they committed to keeping Jiraiya dead.

Pretty much my thoughts. Besides the three you named, it was a bunch of no name ninjas that probably died 2 arcs later in the war anyway.

Besides, for me Kakashi > all so I was really grateful he came back. Made Naruto forgiving Nagato, hate cycle breaking go down a lot easier for me. Screw your potential hard knock life conclusions, my man Kakashi is back.

phaze

If Araki or Togashi wrote those parts they'd be dead.

Laughing Out Loud

Naruto look so much better with just the orange pants and fishnet shirt, with out his forehead protector.

It's one of the rare times he actually looks cool, before then no matter what awesome thing he did, he always just looked like a dork.

This so much, those goddamn tracksuits were a fucking mistake.

Sage Mode coat Naruto was the coolest.

Or Kurama powered full fire coat thing.

Basically any of the coats. <3

I don't like his current pajamas looking shit.

Mendrox

people should just ignore mantis. He will never give up. There are many people on this forum that went to narutoforums for the manga spoilers since the begining. Also many people that waited for subs for Naruto from Bakafish back then :p but only Mantis read the manga! lol

edit: cant believe this was way over 12 years ago :( I started learning English because I wanted to watch further than episode 2x back then and German subs were slow for Naruto at first, welp

Akai__

edit: cant believe this was way over 12 years ago :( I started learning English because I wanted to watch further than episode 2x back then and German subs were slow for Naruto at first, welp

Same for me. Well, until Naruto-Tube finally launched their website. That was a good day.

Have you (or any other german residents), checked out the show on TV? I remember watching it on oficiall TV release on RTL2 and it was so fucking bad, probably still is. The amount of wrong translations and censoring was just crazy. People have been so hyped for the show and they fucked it up big time. 2 examples:

- Gateau (or whatever his name was) was supposed to kick Haku when he was already dead on the bridge, but all he did in the German version was kicking the air and Naruto was screaming at him for kicking the air.
- When Sasuke and Sakura are confronted with Orochimaru for the 1st time in the forrest, he uses a Gen-Jutsu where they both have Kunai's in their forehead (and possibly somewhere else don't remember), but in the German version literally nothing happened.

I gave up on watching it eventually. Shit was so confusing to people that didn't watch the original Japanese anime. I had to explain so much stuff to my friends. lol

people should just ignore mantis. He will never give up. There are many people on this forum that went to narutoforums for the manga spoilers since the begining. Also many people that waited for subs for Naruto from Bakafish back then :p but only Mantis read the manga! lol

Well maybe some of you should reread it ;)

Aren't you that guy that acted like he knew what was going on in Naruto Gaiden (don't post spoilers here if you're tempted), took an avatar bet, lost and still whined lol

I honestly wish the manga would end for Boruto so then there's unrestricted creativity for the manga. When you're hellbent on following the manga, it has to co-exist with filler. Aghhh

Tritroid

I think it's symbolic that in this thread, the final fight sparked yet another Naruto vs. Sasuke debate. The same kind of debates that have been going on and on since the anime started over 12 years ago. It's a very fitting way to finish out the series gaf. :*)

I was expecting that crew to be dead, but for some odd reason outside of a few characters Kishi didn't want to commit to their deaths. If Araki or Togashi wrote those parts they'd be dead.

Yeah no. Togashi only kills off good guys that have had minor roles is the 1st arc they appeared in. He just brings them back in and kills them off quickly for shock value. Even the times he does kill off a notable player they are usually revived or restored in some way. YYH I can't think of one major good guy who died and stayed dead. In HxH, I can only think of
Netero

As for Araki, each JoJo part has a different protagonist and supporting cast. So of course it's easier for him to kill off characters who most likely wouldn't be appearing again anyway.

Yeah no. Togashi only kills off good guys that have had minor roles is the 1st arc they appeared in. He just brings them back in and kills them off quickly for shock value. Even the times he does kill off a notable player they are usually revived or restored in some way. YYH I can't think of one major good guy who died and stayed dead. In HxH, I can only think of
Netero

As for Araki, each JoJo part has a different protagonist and supporting cast. So of course it's easier for him to kill off characters who most likely wouldn't be appearing again anyway.
Lol I guess I like to think Togashi can do no wrong cause I enjoy his stuff, but each writer seems to be guilty of the same crimes. Togashi did eventually kill
Genkai
though. When it comes to HxH there's also
Komugi

Lol PM goes at lengths to twist shit in the manga. Sasuke could only match Naruto when he was pulling chakra from the 9 bijuu, which he could only do a very small portion of that fight. The bijuu arent his, he isnt a Jin.

Naruto countered Sasukes strongest attack with techniques that are his. If Naruto wanted to do he could do that super SM attack again.

There's a reason why Sasuke starting pouting after seeing Naruto power up. Narutos power was literally beyond his comprehension.

p_00004.jpg

p_00013.jpg
Sauce is lucky Old Sage gave him a power up other wise Naruto would have destroyed him with almost no effort lol.

Moaradin

Lol I guess I like to think Togashi can do no wrong cause I enjoy his stuff, but each writer seems to be guilty of the same crimes. Togashi did eventually kill
Genkai
though. When it comes to HxH there's also
Komugi

For HxH there's
Gotoh
as well.

And a few more major deaths in the manga.

Sauce is lucky Old Sage gave him a power up other wise Naruto would have destroyed him with almost no effort lol.

Sasuke genuine stood no chance without that power up, and even with it, if Naruto was fresh and actually willing to fight, Sasuke would have gotten tooled just as easily.

I remember in the final months leading up to the fight there was rampant speculation and theories on how Sasuke could possibly hang with Naruto. It got to the point a lot of people actually didn't believe they would fight, or that Sasuke would get another power up by like absorbing the Juubi and shit. That last one did sort of happen, but even then the best he managed was a stalemate.

And what's crazy about that stalemate is that Naruto was using Six Paths Sage Mode, which was his own power that he received from the Sage when all the bijuu gave him fractions of their chakra. Yin Kurama helped, but all it did was gather natural energy for him him with a clone.

Point is, EoS Naruto was stupidly overpowered.

For HxH there's
Gotoh
as well.

And a few more major deaths in the manga.
Oh yeah I completely forgot about him. Killua never even reacted to it. I need to slice off some time for the manga already.
Sasuke genuine stood no chance without that power up, and even with it, if Naruto was fresh and actually willing to fight, Sasuke would have gotten tooled just as easily.

I remember in the final months leading up to the fight there was rampant speculation and theories on how Sasuke could possibly hang with Naruto. It got to the point a lot of people actually didn't believe they would fight, or that Sasuke would get another power up by like absorbing the Juubi and shit. That last one did sort of happen, but even then the best he managed was a stalemate.

And what's crazy about that stalemate is that Naruto was using Six Paths Sage Mode, which was his own power that he received from the Sage when all the bijuu gave him fractions of their chakra. Yin Kurama helped, but all it did was gather natural energy for him him with a clone.

Point is, EoS Naruto was stupidly overpowered.
The power creep in this show is so fucking stupid that when you guys acronym shit I legit have no fucking idea what the fuck you guys are even talking about. Please tell me I'm not the only one that has that problem.

Mendrox

Same for me. Well, until Naruto-Tube finally launched their website. That was a good day.

Have you (or any other german residents), checked out the show on TV? I remember watching it on oficiall TV release on RTL2 and it was so fucking bad, probably still is. The amount of wrong translations and censoring was just crazy. People have been so hyped for the show and they fucked it up big time. 2 examples:

- Gateau (or whatever his name was) was supposed to kick Haku when he was already dead on the bridge, but all he did in the German version was kicking the air and Naruto was screaming at him for kicking the air.
- When Sasuke and Sakura are confronted with Orochimaru for the 1st time in the forrest, he uses a Gen-Jutsu where they both have Kunai's in their forehead (and possibly somewhere else don't remember), but in the German version literally nothing happened.

I gave up on watching it eventually. Shit was so confusing to people that didn't watch the original Japanese anime. I had to explain so much stuff to my friends. lol

I saw one or two episodes with Zabusa but I think Shippuuden started in Japan already too then? Couldnt believe Zabusas missing sword and people not killing lol. Oh man. I remember there was a anime cut report site in German that also showed all the censored things from other animes...animedigital? something like that.

It was just bad. :D

Mendrox

Well maybe some of you should reread it ;)

Aren't you that guy that acted like he knew what was going on in Naruto Gaiden (don't post spoilers here if you're tempted), took an avatar bet, lost and still whined lol

No sorry that wasnt me Mantis. Maybe next time. How about reading the manga together again? But in original (if you are able to, otherwise VIZ is fine too but misses a few things in translation of course).

Kishi using an outstanding moment of the rival to motivate the other rival is nothing new:
Screen_Shot_2016_10_03_at_08_59_20.jpg

EMS Sasuke was only equalled by BM Naruto.

There was also speculation on how Naruto would face up to Sasuke with a Rinnegan whose mastery was compared to the So6P's level.......and it turns out it was done by conveniently nerfing Sasuke's rinnegan

So Naruto using Kurama, portions of the bijuu chakra, as well as all the natural energy above the surface is all him but Sasuke using portions of bijuu chakra is not all him.

I believe this is what they call hypocrisy.

No sorry that wasnt me Mantis. Maybe next time. How about reading the manga together again? But in original (if you are able to, otherwise VIZ is fine too but misses a few things in translation of course).

Just looked at the thread. I mistook you for the other guy, my bad. You still lost the bet ;)
You don't need to worry about my reading skills.

KHlover

Banned
The worst part about the fight is how a clash of their strongest attacks barely does damage to the Valley of the End (vaporized water and decapitated the statues), meanwhile a Rasengan/Chidori clash when both are out of Chakra fucking disintegrates it.

Moaradin

The worst part about the fight is how a clash of their strongest attacks barely does damage to the Valley of the End (vaporized water and decapitated the statues), meanwhile a Rasengan/Chidori clash when both are out of Chakra fucking disintegrates it.

Well, they were way above the clouds when they did their ultimate attacks.

Sure, thats why Naruto required Kurama gathering all the natural energy above the surface, as well as Kurama's chakra to match.
Yes but what part of that is hypocritical? he is the nine tailed jinchuuriki and a frog sage. it's not like he didn't work for either of those powers. him being able to match sasuke, the other tailed beasts and the other half of kurama is nuts

rambis

Banned
Yes but what part of that is hypocritical? he is the nine tailed jinchuuriki and a frog sage. it's not like he didn't work for either of those powers. him being able to match sasuke, the other tailed beasts and the other half of kurama is nuts

I think Sasuke is a juubi jin in this guy's head. Its the only way his claims make sense. Sasuke used the bijuu for all of one attack that Naruto was able to match with his own abilities. Remove the bijuu from Sasuke and he has what chance against Naruto?

I just saw Boruto the movie. Goddamn that was awesome! The villain was nothing special, but I just liked the characters and what they had done with them. I really Naruto and Sasuke and all the new kids.

I think Sasuke is a juubi jin in this guy's head. Its the only way his claims make sense. Sasuke used the bijuu for all of one attack that Naruto was able to match with his own abilities. Remove the bijuu from Sasuke and he has what chance against Naruto?

I don't know if that's fair to say. In their encounter at Orochimaru's hideout, Sasuke was very easily able to nullify the Kyubi's power so that Naruto couldn't access it.

And he used a similar power to quickly gain control of the nine tailed beasts at the end of the story.

Just because he doesn't have a tailed beast sealed inside of him, doesn't mean we can pretend that he doesn't have any measures for countering them.

rambis

Banned
I don't know if that's fair to say. In their encounter at Orochimaru's hideout, Sasuke was very easily able to nullify the Kyubi's power so that Naruto couldn't access it.

And he used a similar power to quickly gain control of the nine tailed beasts at the end of the story.

Just because he doesn't have a tailed beast sealed inside of him, doesn't mean we can pretend that he doesn't have any measures for countering them.

Sasuke did that before Naruto had any training as a Jin,while Kurama was still behind the seal. If he could've did that then Sasuke wouldn't have got destroyed by Bee multiple times.

And he put the Bijuu who were free under Rinnegan genjutsu. If he couldve done that in VOTE2, he would've, instead of crying about why he couldn't kill Naruto.

Basically any argument Sasuke has is revolving around stealing the bijuu and he can only control that power for so long.

The power creep in this show is so fucking stupid that when you guys acronym shit I legit have no fucking idea what the fuck you guys are even talking about. Please tell me I'm not the only one that has that problem.

Yup, that's what happens when power-ups become a staple rather than the odd occurrence.

It can also be really annoying because not everyone uses the same acronyms, or has the same understanding of the acronyms or use Japanese romanji for part of the acronyms interchangeably.

Kishi using an outstanding moment of the rival to motivate the other rival is nothing new:
Screen_Shot_2016_10_03_at_08_59_20.jpg

EMS Sasuke was only equalled by BM Naruto.

Difference being that the other image wasn't motivating Sasuke to do shit other than being salty at how far behind he was.

The panel you're using shows him snapping Naruto out of his feelings with action. It didn't blow his mind at how powerful Sasuke had become, no matter how much you'd like to believe these two were playing on the same field.

And, don't be silly. BM Naruto tooled the shit out of 5 bijuu and made it look easy.

There was also speculation on how Naruto would face up to Sasuke with a Rinnegan whose mastery was compared to the So6P's level.......and it turns out it was done by conveniently nerfing Sasuke's rinnegan

And I'm sure you had a lot of fun coming up with that speculation. You and the other delusional Sasuke fanboys that still think the Rinnegan actually was a huge threat to Naruto after he had beaten it once.

Of course, never mind the fact Naruto was more fatigued and nerfed than Sasuke, and with good reason - right?

So Naruto using Kurama, portions of the bijuu chakra, as well as all the natural energy above the surface is all him but Sasuke using portions of bijuu chakra is not all him.

I believe this is what they call hypocrisy.

I believe what they call it is reading the manga.

Rikudo Senjutsu is a power all to its own that is first created by combining the power of the bijuu + Rikudo Chakra and then remains permanent even after the bijuu have been extracted, as was demonstrated by Obito. Gathering natural energy is intrinsic to that power, that's what makes it so dangerous.

The bijuu chakra within Naruto is a part of him now that allows him to use their abilities without needing to directly tap into their near infinite chakra reserves - or "portions" as you would put it because apparently the mathematics of it all allude you.

Yup, that's what happens when power-ups become a staple rather than the odd occurrence.

It can also be really annoying because not everyone uses the same acronyms, or has the same understanding of the acronyms or use Japanese romanji for part of the acronyms interchangeably.
Naruto is probably one of the only shows I didn't like the power ups for. It all just seemed very god damn confusing. I was able to hang with it at the end of part one cause it was mostly stuff with the curse mark and the Kyubi cloak but towards the middle half of part 2 shit got god damn confusing.
Best AMV with MGS for Sasuke Rescue Arc...classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruyX8ZyPx_o

edit rumblebones we should stop discussing with him. he can read and knows it better. let him live the genjutsu.
PM lives in his own genjutsu world where Sasuke's the best thing since sliced bread and VR porn. There's just no breaking that shit, it's more OP than Itachi's Izanami.

KHlover

Banned
Naruto is probably one of the only shows I didn't like the power ups for. It all just seemed very god damn confusing. I was able to hang with it at the end of part one cause it was mostly stuff with the curse mark and the Kyubi cloak but towards the middle half of part 2 shit got god damn confusing.

PM lives in his own genjutsu world where Sasuke's the best thing since sliced bread and VR porn. There's just no breaking that shit, it's more OP than Itachi's Izanami.

It was fine until the last 3 in-universe days of the series. Naruto went from Kage level to demigod to god almost literally overnight.

phaze

In the middle of 2nd part there is literally only Sage Mode and MS for Sasuke, I fail to see how that's confusing.

In the middle of 2nd part there is literally only Sage Mode and EMS for Sasuke, I fail to see how that's confusing.
There's sage mode, some added Kyubi cloak thing, sage of six path mode, him using frog kumite, some sort of full beast mode thing as well. Sasuke well I guess EMS= Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan? Is that seriously it?

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah I completely forgot about him. Killua never even reacted to it. I need to slice off some time for the manga already.

Naruto
BM = Bijuu mode (tailed beast mode)
SM = Sage Mode
BSM = Bijuu sage mode
SoSP(M) = Sage of Six Paths mode (most reason one where his skin colour stays the same)

Sasuke
MS = Mangekyo Sharingan
EMS = Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan

It doesn't help that Naruto has 8000 transformations.

I think EoS stands for End of Shippuden?

phaze

Middle is episode 238. Up till that point Naruto had only Sage Mode and Sasuke has shown only MS (not EMS my bad).

Kyubi cloak thing is not really a powerup, at least in my classification, since it's not as if he uses it regularly, resorts to it willingly or even retains the rest of his abilities or even his marbles during it and it additionally has been in the series since Zabuza arc. I fail to see how any of that is confusing.

Frug Kumite is part of Sage Mode that was clearly spelled out and shown no matter how silly that entire thing was , the rest of things are non existent at that point.

Middle is episode 238. Up till that point Naruto had only Sage Mode and Sasuke has shown only MS (not EMS my bad).

Kyubi cloak thing is not really a powerup, at least in my classification, since it's not as if he uses it regularly, resorts to it willingly or even retains the rest of his abilities or even his marbles during it and it additionally has been in the series since Zabuza arc. I fail to see how any of that is confusing.

Frug Kumite is part of Sage Mode that was clearly spelled out and shown no matter how silly that entire thing was , the rest of things are non existent at that point.
Isn't there some other mode that Naruto goes into where he's gets giant and just looks like Kurama on fire? Plus another version of that where he's normal sized the Kurama cloak thing isn't big and he has full control over it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom