• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| Villanova has no fans so this is their thread

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Gophers might actually compete this year. Don't think I watched them last year but they look a hella lot better than 2 years ago.

Yeah great win over Arky. I'd say that you guys have looked as good as anyone else in the conference to this point. Not an impressive showing thus fa

I see it's that time of the year when I get my first "ain't a dern thing wrong with Lenny Elmore" post out of the way.

And I believe that was Corey Alexander. Nothing wrong with him, either.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Even without Nichols, and it's still early to say, but Virginia looks good. Their defense seems even better this year too.

NewLib

Banned
Malik Monk has decided to turn this game into his own personal slam dunk contest. Don't know if I have ever seen that before.

scoobs

well, when you're a top 10 draft pick playing against the Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks.... you can do these things. This is the equivalent of John Wall playing pickup games at the Y.

Duke Basketball
‏@dukebasketball
Harry Giles and Marques Bolden are both dressed and warming up for the second straight game.

Duke Basketball ‏@dukebasketball 5m5 minutes ago
Jayson Tatum is standing under the basket in uniform, not participating in warmups. Coach K said Wednesday his recovery is behind other two.

O/U chances that Jayson Tatum and Harry Giles ever play a game together for Duke University: 50%

scoobs

Every time Giles jumps I'm going to hold my breath this entire season. Please baby Jesus save that boys knees

Syracuse just lost to the University of South Carolina (known in these parts as USC, known in all other parts as South Carolina) by double digits in Brooklyn.

Either a classic Boeheim November performance or Frank Martin's team is actually good.

Speaking of Syracuse losing, Pittsburgh beat Syracuse today, 76-61. How can this be? Weren't they losing to South Carolina? Did they play a double header?

This was in football.

Someone keep this score in mind when their basketball game is something like 58-54.

B1G-ACC Challenge Time

I'm not even going to pretend that I know or really even care about the teams at the bottoms of the respective conferences (sorry Wake!) so I'm not going to pick game by game.

But it certainly seems like it would be an upset if the ACC didn't win this year. They're much stronger at the top and stronger in the middle as well

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I sort of don't care about the MSU game at all. Both teams are beat up. If Duke can end the game without any of the players ending up on crutches then thats good enough for me.
The last time MSU beat Duke was just over 10 years ago.

Remember when Matt Jones could shoot?

K is 112 years old, with 5 national championships and 3 Olympic gold medals, and he's still yelling at his team for not playing hard with a 11 point lead with 1:30 left in this game.

thefro

So tonight at the IU/UNC game at Bloomington:

- Jim Cornelison (IU alum who sings the national anthem at Chicago Blackhawks games) is singing the National Anthem
- Kyle Schwarber (IU alum and World Series champ with the Cubs) is honorary team captain
- 1981 Championship team being honored (which includes Isiah Thomas and the like)

Should be pretty hype. Dan Dakich was teasing Bobby Knight might show up, but I'm guessing he's trolling for his radio show as usual.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Tonight should be entertaining. UNC is better than I thought, but they're also the most experienced so other teams haven't caught up yet. Still, they have a couple of good young players too.

Fjordson

I want to be excited about UK, but trying to hold off until we play some real teams. UCLA and UNC should be a good pair of games.

Haven't got to see Lville play this year. Who is the big tall guy that looks lazy as all hell and could care less to be playing?

Mahmood the guy that just got hit with an elbow is the tall guy I was asking about. God that guy pisses me off, I cant imagine having him on UK I'd be losing my shit, lol.

Top Bottom