• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlanta |OT| The Other Lost City

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
SMDH at people clearing out bread, chips, and bottled water. How much do people plan to eat in 24 hrs.

I was in Publix Friday and saw people getting cases of water, bread, and sandwich meat. That was pretty smart. Thought I would see people buying more meat for BBQ as smoking meat makes it last longer (and tastes good). But I remember being without power for 3 weeks after Ike. I doubt Atlanta will be in that situation, but man that was rough.

dedhead54

Wind has picked up a bit here in midtown. Lots of small debris on my street but nothing crazy. I did have power flicker a bit ago and interrupted Destiny 2 session. Work got called off for the day so I'm enjoying relaxing and listening to the rain on the roof thus far.

tmdorsey

Strong wind gusts every now and then and constant rain down in McDonough. Power has been flickering and went out for like a second, but came back on immediately.

Nepenthe

Out here in Stone Mountain. Rain and bad gusts all day. My street lost power for a few minutes but it came back on. Hoping the worst of this shit passes by tomorrow; don't feel like going to work in this. x.x

I've been talking with other managers at my company who are all working from home today. Heard reports of trees down and power outages in Macon, McDonough, Buford and Lawrenceville areas.

At my house (Calhoun) so far just some wind and rain, nothing crazy. We'll see what happens!

We are in the service industry, so I'm not sure we'll be able to work tomorrow. Time will tell.

dedhead54

My neighbors had a massive tree fall in their yard a couple hours ago. I was taking a nap and was awoken by a very loud and strange noise.

Thankfully it missed their house and the house on the other side of them but it took out some power lines. Somehow my place still has power. I've been hearing sirens nearly nonstop in midtown since about 3pm.

Ganhyun

Peachtree Corners here. I lost power yesterday and didnt get it back until around 9-915 this morning.

Got some downed trees and such in the area and power trucks and such are all out still as well so not trying to go into work until this afternoon.

iPorygon

Lost power in Home Park yesterday and got it back just this morning. Glad since I thought at the earliest it wouldn't be back till later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom