• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlanta |OT| The Other Lost City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesousa

Banned
That Anti-Ossoff ad with the old ass boomers from Johns creek talking about how he "Cant represent us" is glorious.

That Anti-Ossoff ad with the old ass boomers from Johns creek talking about how he "Cant represent us" is glorious.

GOP don't have a definite horse in the race, so they have to go with generalized attacks on Ossoff for now.

DC LIBERAL!
HE'S NOT ONE OF US!

Jeffrey

Too bad ossoff is boned if he can't get 50% as projected.

Gop flailing around does mean something though.

I always wonder if those campaign signs on the side of the roads even do anything?

Like how am I suppose to remember random guys name to Google later? Give me some key talking points on your dumb sign at least.

I think this is seven straight days of getting a Handel mailer for the recycling bin.

Also, that post at the top of the page seems really hyperbolic now.

ruxtpin

Banned
Pictures of my old trail! I loved that place. Live near Philly now, but those trails are one of the things I miss the most. The Alpharetta Greenway could get flooded pretty easily. Large sections were boardwalk over swampy area. Was great when it was cool out, not so much when the mosquitos were hatching tho.

Ganhyun

Saw three ads about Ossof.

First one was an ad talking about how he is nothing but an agent of Pelosi and the Democratic party.

Second one was an ad attacking his resume of things hes done, mentioning things like he exaggerated his involvement and such(like the investigative reporter thing and security clearance access to get things done thing)

Third ad was his ad talking up those same items as reasons why he should be elected.

Of note, I did see an ad for Dan Moody basically calling out Democrats and Republicans for being full of shit basically. Said we needed someone to get things done and not just bluster like everyone else has been doing. Nice sentiment, but likely false.

GulAtiCa

Pictures of my old trail! I loved that place. Live near Philly now, but those trails are one of the things I miss the most. The Alpharetta Greenway could get flooded pretty easily. Large sections were boardwalk over swampy area. Was great when it was cool out, not so much when the mosquitos were hatching tho.

Weirdly, I never had issues with bugs odd enough. Though, granted I only really ran in Summer & Fall. I love that trail.

andthebeatgoeson

Saw three ads about Ossof.

First one was an ad talking about how he is nothing but an agent of Pelosi and the Democratic party.

Second one was an ad attacking his resume of things hes done, mentioning things like he exaggerated his involvement and such(like the investigative reporter thing and security clearance access to get things done thing)

Third ad was his ad talking up those same items as reasons why he should be elected.

Of note, I did see an ad for Dan Moody basically calling out Democrats and Republicans for being full of shit basically. Said we needed someone to get things done and not just bluster like everyone else has been doing. Nice sentiment, but likely false.
I'm getting a lot about how the November election was a clear statement for Republicans and Pelosi is trying to take away from that.

I highly recommend a restaurant called Twisted Soul. I guess you can say it's on the west side. Soul food. I used to love it in Decatur but they moved. Still great food and drinks. We had the buffet for brunch and i stuffed myself.

giga

I hope no one was planning to use 75 north and south today. Both sides shut down at the 75/85 connector.

From 511ga.org:

All lanes are currently closed to traffic due to a tractor trailer accident for both north and southbound directions of Downtown Connector (I-75/85) between Peachtre Pine and 17th St.

• Northbound I-75/85 traffic is being diverted off at the Peachtree Pine St Exit, 249B.
• All southbound traffic for I-75 is being diverted off at 17th St, exit 251.
• Southbound I-85/Buford Spring Connector traffic is being diverted to Northbound I-75. The tractor trailer was carrying a hazardous material, Benzoyl Chloride which has an irritating odor, but not considered to be life-threatening. A team of wreckers are currently working to reopen the lanes as quickly and as safely as possible. Estimated time for clearance is after 7:00am.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Part of I-20 buckling, lanes blocked
I-20-buckle_20170417155742831_7801527_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Suntrust Park was the final piece. Atlanta is now a gateway to hell confirmed.

Seriously though, if all these events still don't end up leading to MARTA expansion, nothing will. Maybe when businesses start threatening to move out of Atlanta, they'll get the message.

Ganhyun

Anyone in the area having routing/DNS issues at all? I'm asking as my work and home networks are both seeing weird issues and I don't want to spend a ton of time trying to troubleshoot if it's some sort of router/DNS issue upstream.

edit: NM, found that the firewall at work was mishandling some routes. Fixed it already.

Heroman

Banned
Suntrust Park was the final piece. Atlanta is now a gateway to hell confirmed.

Seriously though, if all these events still don't end up leading to MARTA expansion, nothing will. Maybe when businesses start threatening to move out of Atlanta, they'll get the message.
Don't underestimate the power of hating black people and other minorities.

hwalker84

Hello Atlanta GAF. I'm heading down this weekend for a convention. Going to be staying near the Georgia Dome.

I've been to Atlanta a bunch as a kid but only once as an adult and that was for a wedding.

Food food and more food is what I'm interested in. Soul food, BBQ, etc. Where must I eat? Thanks!

giga

Hello Atlanta GAF. I'm heading down this weekend for a convention. Going to be staying near the Georgia Dome.

I've been to Atlanta a bunch as a kid but only once as an adult and that was for a wedding.

Food food and more food is what I'm interested in. Soul food, BBQ, etc. Where must I eat? Thanks!
Op.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Depends on how far you want to go.

Massicot

Not sure what's in the OP but

Antico's Pizza
Nan (Thai)
Max Lager's (mid-level steak place)
Spondivits (seafood)

Katori

Trump has completely stopped traffic on I-85S. People are getting out of their cars and walking around. We've been here for about 35 minutes. Shouldn't they at least let people off the highway? This is about to be rush hour and they just have blocked the entire highway. Crazy.

Trump has completely stopped traffic on I-85S. People are getting out of their cars and walking around. We've been here for about 35 minutes. Shouldn't they at least let people off the highway? This is about to be rush hour and they just have blocked the entire highway. Crazy.

Same thing happened to me when Michelle Obama came to talk in Alpharetta. It is what it is unfortunately.

robox

hello atlanta gaf,

one of my best friends was visiting in atlanta when he got jumped, beaten and is now in critical condition in the hospital and will prob be there for a few more weeks.

we've gotten police on the case to try to catch these fuckers and a video of suspects running away from the scene has been released.

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...sault-edgewood-avenue/gGS9q9ZTdzyriVO5hsDxKJ/

if anybody has anything to contribute this, I, and all of his family and friends, would very much appreciate it.

hello atlanta gaf,

one of my best friends was visiting in atlanta when he got jumped, beaten and is now in critical condition in the hospital and will prob be there for a few more weeks.

we've gotten police on the case to try to catch these fuckers and a video of suspects running away from the scene has been released.

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...sault-edgewood-avenue/gGS9q9ZTdzyriVO5hsDxKJ/

if anybody has anything to contribute this, I, and all of his family and friends, would very much appreciate it.

Saw this a couple of days ago. I'm of no help but I hope someone comes forward.

hwalker84

What to do tomorrow? I have to check out at ten and my flight doesn't board till 7:10 pm. I will have my big ass backpack. I was thinking about maybe going to Lennox mall. Dunno. Looking for suggestions.

andthebeatgoeson

What to do tomorrow? I have to check out at ten and my flight doesn't board till 7:10 pm. I will have my big ass backpack. I was thinking about maybe going to Lennox mall. Dunno. Looking for suggestions.
Unless you like malls.

Piedmont Park is a great place to relax, be in the city and close to restaurants/places. It's relatively close (couple of blocks) from marta.

Brannon

And Piedmont segues into the Beltline trail which leads to the Ponce City Market, with more restaurants and whatnot.

Ganhyun

I-85 set to re-open by Memorial Day Weekend.

That's insane. Kudos to the construction companies.

Like, I really hope that the safety inspections aren't missing something to get it done that fast. Basically, I want it to be the Good and Fast option of the Good, Fast, Cheap trio.

hello atlanta gaf,

Damn, I hope your best friend recovers. I had a friend get killed during BET hip hop awards weekend in Atlanta several years ago, and the fucked up thing is me and my friend went to a T.I. VIP Party that night that was list only and he wanted to come with us, but I didn't put his name on the list so he went out somewhere by himself. I still think about what if... every now and then.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I-85 set to re-open by Memorial Day Weekend.

That's insane. Kudos to the construction companies.

My uncle has been working in freeway construction for about 2 decades. That is about when he thought it would be fixed. It's a small stretch of road. You can see them working on it 24/7 here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9_Kj7trqU

So I have been in Atlanta for about a month now. Living with my bro in Smyrna, near 285. It looks like I am either going to get a place in Smyrna near the east-west connector or in Roswell. I think I like the Roswell option better because it is closer to MARTA. I have come to like that rail system alot to go downtown.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Update - I got a job near Perimeter Mall, living in Smyrna was going to be a long ass drive everyday. So instead I am going to live just south of Alpharetta. Not exactly what I wanted to do, I wanted to be near the city but man the traffic here is no joke. Worse than Houston at times.

Update - I got a job near Perimeter Mall, living in Smyrna was going to be a long ass drive everyday. So instead I am going to live just south of Alpharetta. Not exactly what I wanted to do, I wanted to be near the city but man the traffic here is no joke. Worse than Houston at times.
It's going to let up after they finish the fixing bridge. It gonna be ready by Memorial Day.

Justified

I-85 is back baby!

This is what happens when government gets out of the way, and workers are properly incentivized

According to the GA DOT "NB 85 bridge could open as soon Saturday, SB as soon as Sunday weather permitting. But definitely by Monday AM"

I-85 is back baby!

This is what happens when government gets out of the way, and workers are properly incentivized

According to the GA DOT "NB 85 bridge could open as soon Saturday, SB as soon as Sunday weather permitting. But definitely by Monday AM"

Came to post this. Good work, construction dudes. Faster than expected, and now I won't be completely fucked going anywhere in the city.

SuperPac

Thank god. My commute doubled (sometimes more) while the bridge has been out and I'm just taking Ponce to/from work. Depending on the day I had to let Waze wind me around local streets to try and get to work on time. ATL traffic had moved from "bad but tolerable" to "totally, completely, unreasonably horrific."

robox

hello atlanta gaf,

V%20EDGEWOOD%20BEATING%20NEW%20VIDEO%2011P_00.00.11.02_1494385709943_3285189_ver1.0_640_360.png

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/253664373-story

putting out the word again. we've raised $5k reward to try to catch these guys. if you guys have anything, know of anybody that you can reach out to for more information, it would be very very much appreciated.

my friend has improved, but he still has a long road ahead to recovery. It's because he means a lot to a lot of people that we're all pulling for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom