• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Most people have both, but L4D2 has a few of the L4D campaigns in it now, so it's probably easier to play L4D2.

Plus melee weapons =D

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
anyone able to help a brother out.

I cant get me1 to run :( i click launch and just nothing happens

my drivers are all up to date. BUT something strange is going on

some places (such sas the mass effect 1 config options) list my graphics card as "Intel(R) HD Graphics Family"

but my grpahics card is Nvidia geforce GT 540M

The dude at DSE obviously did batches of stock as when I got there at 4pm there were quite a few games up on the shelves. Grabbed a few decent bargains and was tempted by the $50 Xbox HDD and a PSMove gun shell for $5 to go with the one I already have.

Any of the move gun shells left?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Wow he was your grand uncle? Sad to hear of his passing today, he did heaps for indigenous music.

Yeah, my Nan's cousin. Their mothers were sisters from the Yorta Yorta people. Whereas that other side of the family married other Aboriginals, my Nan's mother married an Irishman, and she herself married a man who's family emigrated from Wales. So I may not be as black in appearance as others, I still have my silly Aboriginal nose and look more Mediterranean than the stereotypical Australian with heritage from Britain & Ireland.

But yeah, Little did a lot for Aboriginal music and entertainers in general. May have sang songs by the greats, but it was the symbolism about him being accepted and being listened to was what everyone loved.

Damn shame. Feel like driving out to my brother's house, having a few drinks, then playing and singing some old tunes.

Rezbit

Yeah, my Nan's cousin. Their mothers were sisters from the Yorta Yorta people. Whereas that other side of the family married other Aboriginals, my Nan's mother married an Irishman, and she herself married a man who's family emigrated from Wales. So I may not be as black in appearance as others, I still have my silly Aboriginal nose and look more Mediterranean than the stereotypical Australian with heritage from Britain & Ireland.

But yeah, Little did a lot for Aboriginal music and entertainers in general. May have sang songs by the greats, but it was the symbolism about him being accepted and being listened to was what everyone loved.

Damn shame. Feel like driving out to my brother's house, having a few drinks, then playing and singing some old tunes.

That's cool you know all that, thanks for the anecdote about your family :)

A few drinks sounds like a great idea! Might even have one myself.

Shaneus

Worse sale than Catch of the Day. :(
Yup. That's why I didn't get caught up in it. It's happened to me before with Aldi and also CotD, there's nothing I want that much that is worth that much stress and potential heartache only to save (or make) a few bucks.

Aldi sales can be painful. Missed out on the Steggles Kiev deal last week >_< Got a blower/sucker vac for the damn tree in the front yard that drops a thousand leaves a day for $50 though!

My grand uncle passed away today :(

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-battle-with-illness-ends-20120402-1w80j.html

I would hope that some of the younger generation recognize him on the same hallowed ground that is reserved for some of the other great Australian musicians.
That sucks mate, he was a great musician.

anyone able to help a brother out.

I cant get me1 to run :( i click launch and just nothing happens

my drivers are all up to date. BUT something strange is going on

some places (such sas the mass effect 1 config options) list my graphics card as "Intel(R) HD Graphics Family"

but my grpahics card is Nvidia geforce GT 540M
Have a read of this thread. I will assume the CPU is sandy bridge since you have a GT 540 laptop.

Any of the move gun shells left?
One left at my store. I can grab it for you tomorrow if you want? Postage would only be around $3-4 I would expect.

Jintor

my condolensces. Sky just did a piece on him for the evening news.

I'm in for L4D2 maybe or whatever. I think I still have it installed.

Shaneus

You could also clean it up do it isn't posting the GAF name AND the twitter name if they're the same.

Hyperdome DSE was a bust too for those keeping count.
A "hyperdome" DSE gives me the impression that people were Mad Max: Thunderdoming it up for all the bargains.

HolyCheck

thanks rep, didnt help :(

$10 to whom ever can get me playing mass effect 1 by the end of the night.

you can remotely connect to me or some jazz

jambo

L4D2 will commence at some point in the next 15 minutes.

Just hop in AusGAF Steam chat and we'll go from there...

I'm still half an hour away from having L4D2 on my PC.

HP N40L Microserver for $219 pickup in Sydney. Good?
Korean fashion sale!!?! Also another 10% off!?! Strangest OzBargain I have come across!

Steam or Origin version? Can you find a setting to turn off the Intel Graphics? Graphics drivers updated? Direct X updated? .net updated? Repented your sin of not buying the 360 edition for our lord Microsoft?

HolyCheck

Korean fashion sale!!?! Also another 10% off!?! Strangest OzBargain I have come across!

Steam or Origin version? Can you find a setting to turn off the Intel Graphics? Graphics drivers updated? Direct X updated? .net updated? Repented your sin of not buying the 360 edition for our lord Microsoft?

steam, got the nvidea set as default now still wont work, all updated, i have it on 360 too but i lent my xbox to my friend whos been in and out of hospital for the last 4 months so she has something to do.

steam, got the nvidea set as default now still wont work, all updated, i have it on 360 too but i lent my xbox to my friend whos been in and out of hospital for the last 4 months so she has something to do.

Try uninstalling the 3D drivers. I know that helped a few games for me. Make sure to verify the integrity of the game in Steam too.

Shaneus

Why 2? Also everywhere had them at that price. You are not special. You are just another one of god's creatures.
One for the broseph. Certainly not for reselling.

Coolio. There's probably someone who wants it more than I on here, the 360 doesn't get used a hell of a lot anymore, only on occasion.
Fake edit: Already have a 250 in mine, actually forgot I bought a caddy for it (basically a transplanted one from a phat caddy that ran bare-metal for a short while). Go for your lives, AusGAF.

Also The Saboteur is a bit rough on PC. This may interest you (and me but it would just get wrecked here :/ )
Yeah, I heard it was a bit crap but I thought someone mentioned (here?) that with the balls that most PCs have now, any issues would be easily overlooked. Unless it was as bad a port as GTA4/Saint's Row 2.

Fake edit #2: Holy shit, that poster's awesome. Honestly, probably has my favourite art direction in any game this gen, I think. The colour/b&w theme, kickarse OST and just the general vibe made lovable. I'm not a big gaming poster-dude, but damned if that's not tempting.

Noticed, but not cheap enough as a test. $10 would be the upper limit without some assurance that it would run beautifully, of which there's no guarantee.

It basically doesn't work on ATI cards right? I don't think they ever patched that.
'xactly.

My grand uncle passed away today :(

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-battle-with-illness-ends-20120402-1w80j.html

I would hope that some of the younger generation recognize him on the same hallowed ground that is reserved for some of the other great Australian musicians.
Ah shit, man. Sorry to hear that. Never familiar with most of his work but well knew of his talent and impact on the Australian music industry. Also seems to have been a great bloke as well :)

Edit: That HP miniserver comes off as being an awesome price, but when it was last on sale for that price, a quick Staticice hunt showed it was only around $20 cheaper than most regular prices. Good for a cheap bit of fun for most AusGAFfers, though.

A "hyperdome" DSE gives me the impression that people were Mad Max: Thunderdoming it up for all the bogans.

Fixed.

One left at my store. I can grab it for you tomorrow if you want? Postage would only be around $3-4 I would expect.

That would be appreciated.

Not a bad price. They have been fluctuating a bit as of late, it's as good a time as any.

SO YOU ARE THE ONE TO BLAME!!! @#$%

Did you pick up any consoles at all? Don't care about wii motes.

Sending your mum to do your dirty work...tsk tsk. Shameful.

THEY WEREN'T ON SALE. nope got absolutely nothing. none of the hardware at altona was reduced and all the games that were arnt worth anyone's time anyway

THEY WEREN'T ON SALE. nope got absolutely nothing. none of the hardware at altona was reduced and all the games that were arnt worth anyone's time anyway

I don't understand your language.

I assume you're playing on a laptop? Go to the nvidia control panel > manage 3d settings.

Under preferred GPU, select Nvidia instead of auto-select. Make sure you have the latest drivers as well.

HolyCheck

I don't understand your language.

I assume you're playing on a laptop? Go to the nvidia control panel > manage 3d settings.

Under preferred GPU, select Nvidia instead of auto-select. Make sure you have the latest drivers as well.

wrong!

had to run steam as admin lol.

Can we have all the noob meat on one team? ;)

That would be meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. The shooting bullets at things I could handle fine, the infected part was confusing and sucky if you got one of the infected that you didn't like using. Big fat bile dude was cool though.

That would be meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. The shooting bullets at things I could handle fine, the infected part was confusing and sucky if you got one of the infected that you didn't like using. Big fat bile dude was cool though.

Yeeaaah. Spitters/ Smokers were pretty fun, but I don't think I ever jumped anyone with a hunter :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom