• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Missed some uni stuff while away. Completely fell (further) for girl I travelled with. Still having random naps throughout the day, so jetlag did get me.

I return home to Campbell Newman being a total dick in a number of ways.

They finally decided to start your classes then?

The new opposition leader seems like an idiot too. Says they lost the election because they didn't explain the policies clearly enough. Sure.

Bernbaum

You just got back from a trip overseas too you knob! You even got to eat bacon in another timezone! I hate you all so much! :(

First beer I have in Denmark I'm gonna take a photo and post it to you on twitter.

I don't know what beer it will be, but boy, I know it's going to be delicious.

Whatever Bern, drinking XXXX Gold cans with my dad so *pfft!*

:( Selfbern :(

How am I playing Shadows of the Damned but Mortal Kombat is banned... This country.
Ratings board thought that no one would even buy a copy of SotD with the non existent marketing while Mortal Kombat had a popular series of Hollywood movies as well as being the training ground for several killing sprees in America.

:(

Darklord

Banned
I didn't realize how many restaurants you CAN'T make a reservation for in Melbourne. Aside from 3 all the rest I saw were only if it's a large group. I guess I'll just remember a few places and around 9 we'll go look.

Jintor

The english version is very, very good. I couldn't watch Arrietty in English, but Howl's is suited to it.

My initial thoughts might have been right; it's down to setting and aesthetic. Bebop and Trigun worked, but almost nothing else has ever worked dubbed, for me. Nothing overtly Japanese, anyway. Except Digimon.

/edit whelp lol last second randomness. Goddamnit Miyazaki. Well, maybe it's Diana Wynne Jones' fault.

Kritz

Banned
Are you serious? I have not once been bitter because no one agreed with me. I've pointed out that what I wrote had been misinterpreted, but never bitter.

I'm not the one who really cares. I can just see why others would get annoyed. To your fault, though, you do get a leeetle responsive when people call you names.

Ya wanker.

Kritz

Banned
One of you weeaboos recommend me something fun to watch tonight in the realms of high quality anime. I don't really want any Ghibli stuff as I've seen a bit too much of that studio's style lately.

Fredescu

JX8uq.jpg

Bernbaum

Even though I hold Finding Nemo in lower regard to the Ratatouille's and Incredibles of the world, a BluRay release would be nice. I think then I'd have all the Pixar stuff worth caring for (Apologies to A Bug's Life and Cars).

UP is the best pixar movie. No other film has had me bawling my eyes out that much
at five minutes in.

Slice of life suffers particularly badly from American dubbing. Lucky Star was horrible too.

Most dubbing suffers horribleness. Except FMA. The original was so painful to listen to, mostly because they got female actors to voice the two male leads =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom