• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezabel

Happy Easter AusGAF!

looking for a drink for this lovely easter day?

try mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe. every year they put out a limited edition beer and this years is the best

mbhoppyhefe640mlbottle1.jpg

Omikron

After a busy day yesterday doing birthday things, think today will involve tea and more crusader kings.

Strangely my young inept and stupid leader is working some magic ATM. Pushed my territory into Sweden, a good council is helping now they are all loyal.

Salazar

Happy Easter.

I have no chocolate to hand, alas. Only biscuits. I wonder how many biscuits are equivalent to a subjectively proportionate measure of chocolate.

VKS - I discovered something to blog about. Huzzah.

Jintor

After a busy day yesterday doing birthday things, think today will involve tea and more crusader kings.

Strangely my young inept and stupid leader is working some magic ATM. Pushed my territory into Sweden, a good council is helping now they are all loyal.

Everybody loves babies

Fogz

Sigh, I lost again. I think I need to start somewhere else, the Irish keep ganging up on me :( Damn Irish!

Omikron

There's no inbuilt age gate before they start being produced? Weird.

16, my guy is still a raving idiot, but apparently not in the bedroom.

Also, married my homosexual sister to a French prince for an alliance 8)

@fogz - play as a ruler to start with? Seems easier.

try mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe. every year they put out a limited edition beer and this years is the best
Oh sweet, there's a new one out. Didn't spot it at Dan Murphy's the other day. Still have a bottle of the LE Noir in the cupboard, waiting for winter. Thought I had a second bottle of the smoky one too, but I can't find it.

Been drinking more hefes recently, too, so I'go. definitely give this a go. Tried the Moon Dog Melon Gibson?

Stop talking about CK2! I already have too many games on my plate! The last thing I need is to add a massive timesink.

Rezbit

That game sounds pretty funny, I have to admit. Although that might just be down to Omi's whimsical commentary, if it's turn based I'd probably find it pretty drab.

Also last nights Dota 2 was pretty epic (once it finally kicked off). Let's do that again.

Whoooo chocolate hot cross buns.

Everybody loves babies

A baby in mind only!

He has been making babies with the Finnish princess 8)

There's no inbuilt age gate before they start being produced? Weird.

16, my guy is still a raving idiot, but apparently not in the bedroom.

Also, married my homosexual sister to a French prince for an alliance 8)

@fogz - play as a ruler to start with? Seems easier.

I feel like I'm missing some key piece of information from this conversation that would make it all make sense.

also lol. I don't think 16 and "good in the bedroom" go together.

Deeku

I haven't eaten any chocolate yet. They had hot cross buns at work but I couldn't be bothered grabbing some. Kind of regret it now.

Surely thats got to fall under some fringe benefits tax category. Oh, wait ...
Ohyou.jpg

Trying to tell my son how to drive in F1 2011 with a steering wheel by saying "left" and "right" isn't very effective. Keeps having to do the finger and thumb trick, which he also still doesn't understand yet.
Damn these 21st century teachers!

Omikron

That game sounds pretty funny, I have to admit. Although that might just be down to Omi's whimsical commentary, if it's turn based I'd probably find it pretty drab.

Also last nights Dota 2 was pretty epic (once it finally kicked off). Let's do that again.

It's real time, you speed and slow time as you see fit.

Next episode involved me being centre of a perfect shitstorm. A vassal decided he wasn't happy and managed to riot and get Sweden to join in the fun, so it was a nice military sandwich from the north and south, I was beating them off however with a few purchased in mercenaries for backup, but just as I was going to lay seige to their lands, Poland decides it would be a great time to push a claim on the throne of Denmark. His 8k troop army was wayyyyy too many for me...only problem was, but imbecile leader managed to take a blow to the head and became incapable, dying a short few months later.

In comes my 10 yo son, so once I used the mercenaries as cannon fodder I thought it the better idea to surrender to my vassal giving him the throne (pushing me back to being a Duke, but I own like > 1/2 of Denmark's lands..) and he can deal with Poland.

I feel like I'm missing some key piece of information from this conversation that would make it all make sense.

also lol. I don't think 16 and "good in the bedroom" go together.

He is fertile, that's good in the bedroom in 1100.

Deeku

Didn't they do quick look of this? It looked...kinda boring. Omi does make it sound very fun though!

Doesn't look like it's on mac though, so I won't even get to try it.

Frawdder

Didn't they do quick look of this? It looked...kinda boring. Omi does make it sound very fun though!

Doesn't look like it's on mac though, so I won't even get to try it.
The quick look didn't provide the best example of the game I thought. Also, CK2 isn't a great game to watch, you either play it and experience it for yourself or you read about others playing it which makes it sound exciting.

CK2 is all about creating your own story, you'll rise up in power and when your 70 year old King dies the whole realm goes to shit and then your fighting over some backwater province (for example). In my Ireland game, I'm currently King of Ireland and Wales, the Iberian peninsula is controlled by Muslims and France, Scotland has holdings in Denmark and Lithuania and the Holy Roman Empire reaches from the south of Italy to Finland. Meanwhile over in the east the Ilkhanate is fighting off rebellion and the Golden Horde is steam rolling its way towards Europe.

Also, there is a Mac version in beta testing at the moment, so you may get a chance some day.

Diabolical Pitch if you have a Kinect. Seriously.

Thanks will get the trial later.

Are you guys into cigars at all? I really dislike smoking cigarettes but I had a cigar for the for the first time the other day (and champagne, also the first time) and it was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom