• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
its going to be a year of Vita and 3DS for sure

it just deflates me taht no matter what Sony and Ninty pull out, Apple is just going to destroy them anyway.

just the way the market is now

Stackboy

Ausgaf, I have a 120GB original xbox 360 hard drive. Can I buy a 250GB HD and use a data transfer cable to make all things happy?

jambo

THERE'S A FUCKING EDIT BUTTON, CHRIST ON A CRACKER!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ɔoɥɔ

Jintor

lol

It depends what you're looking for. If you're going to say "Apple will earn more money than Nintendo", yeah, sure. If you're going to say "Apple will foster an environment that will create better games than Nintendo", I might have to kick you in the face.

Choc

Banned
lol

It depends what you're looking for. If you're going to say "Apple will earn more money than Nintendo", yeah, sure. If you're going to say "Apple will foster an environment that will create better games than Nintendo", I might have to kick you in the face.

of cousre they wont

but games will be made for ipad not wii u. Marketshare, cost of dev, licencing etc

:(

the ipad is pretty fucking powerful now, it has a grpahics chip better than the vita

basically people will buy ipad over vita and 3ds so they wont get the dev support

People really don't have empathy do they?

that i've already played on other systems
Have you forgotten the launch of any console in the last generation?

360 had Amped 3, PGR and Kameo I guess! Lets not talk about PD0.
PS3 had Resistance and .....Genji Giant Crab.

Launches are always shit mate! Remember the 3DS? REMEMBER TEH DS? God that was a terrible first year :(

Ausgaf, I have a 120GB original xbox 360 hard drive. Can I buy a 250GB HD and use a data transfer cable to make all things happy?
Should do. I did it the longish way and used a 16Gb USB stick since I only had a launch 20Gb HDD anyway.

senahorse

of cousre they wont

but games will be made for ipad not wii u. Marketshare, cost of dev, licencing etc

:(

the ipad is pretty fucking powerful now, it has a grpahics chip better than the vita

basically people will buy ipad over vita and 3ds so they wont get the dev support

I thought they both have the same GPU? Besides, the iPad has a fuck load more pixels to push than the vita.

And the market has shown there is room for both (and all) platforms. I don't know about you but my backlog on non 'i' devices is growing faster and faster every year, I definitely am not worried about a shortage of games in the near future.

The Vita will sell slightly more than the PSP in its lifetime. It will be a profitable experience for all again.

Nope.

People buy a 3DS for the 1st party franchises that appear on EVERY piece of Nintendo hardware.
People by a Vita for a PSP with a SECOND ANALOG STICK.

People by an iPad for LOTS of things, not just for games. You can buy an iPad for business reasons and tax it. You can use it for media playback and web browsing. You can use it to try and pick up that upper class business lady who has her lunchtime coffee at that trendy cafe on that trendy street with trendy people in trendy sunglasses with trendy covers from their iPhones.

jambo

Problem with the iPad is the resolution

2048×1536 versus 960×544

Similar hardware has to pump out 3.1 million pixels on the iPad 3 compared to just 522,240 on the Vita.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The rule is half your age plus seven years. No excuses!

What is wrong with trying to hit on that now? You're not 50.

I might not be 50 but I still feel like i'm too old. The entire age gap thing around this age I just find to be a little strange. She would be busy having a mad social life, studying to be a pro at something shitty and enjoying life. No need for an older man at 28 to rock up and potentially ruin that with videogames :D

She is outstanding though.

Wouldn't it be awesome if train carriages were separated into groups. Singles over here, married over there, no talking in this one, on the phone in this one. Cruise out in the singles section picking up, probably nothing, maybe some creepy milfs.

So bored.

Fredescu

The Vita will sell slightly more than the PSP in its lifetime. It will be a profitable experience for all again.
Why do you think that? It was Japan that kept the PSPs head above water, and that was mostly via Monster Hunter, which for this handheld generation has started out on the 3DS. I don't even think one is announced for the Vita.

It has had a slow start to be sure but I think it deserves a bit more time before we can write it off.
Conversely we need a bit more time before we can stay the market thinks there's room for it.

She could be busy having a mad social life, studying to be a pro at something shitty and enjoying life. No need for an older man at 28 to rock up and potentially ruin that with videogames

Fixed. Who knows, she might be a bookworm and very quiet and mature for her age. I know a few girls who acted more like a 28 year old than 18 at uni.

lol evl. 28 isn't old.

Did the same thing but it was Step Brothers. I used to hate it but it's growing on me.
How were you up by 8 something?! I woke up at 10, went back to sleep till 12 heh.

I stayed over at my boyfriends. Got kicked out at 8 cause he had uni. Went home and slept until now. >< Worth it, maybe. Hugo Weaving made the movie feel kinda silly, but otherwise I liked it a lot.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fixed. Who knows, she might be a bookworm and very quiet and mature for her age. I know a few girls who acted more like a 28 year old than 18 at uni.

She certainly seems like she could be that way. But nope, Still can't go there.

E3 will certainly be shitty this year, There's no doubt about that. Unless Sony or MS decide to pump out some fancy looking hardware, We are stuck with the Wii U and plastic toys sitting on controllers along with ports from games we have already played or refused to play since they are shit.

I wish I liked nintendo as much as I did when I was a kid. They were the best thing ever, sega sucked and so did sonic, Although that hasn't actually changed at all.

Why do you think that? It was Japan that kept the PSPs head above water, and that was mostly via Monster Hunter, which for this handheld generation has started out on the 3DS. I don't even think one is announced for the Vita.
Another retooling of 4FS or whatever the hell they are was leaked by a retailer a while back. Also I thought they were getting a HD remaster that would work on both?

It seems to be tracking similar to the original PSP, they just haven't had the compelling software hit the system to give it a solid enough library with enough depth to make it an easy choice to buy when someone sees it on special. It was all doom and gloom for the 3D for a while there too remember.

Stop caring so much and just dooooooo it. Even if you freak her out it will be no harm done anyway! Also 28 is the new 21, just look at Bernbaum! He had lots of social fun when he was 28 a few years ago.

Also SEGA was awesome back in the day and they are currently a pretty cool publisher that supports the PC which is great for Japanese publishers.
Also they help Platinum deliver the goods.
Also recent Sonic was awesome so go suck a lemon.

I stayed over at my boyfriends. Got kicked out at 8 cause he had uni. Went home and slept until now. >< Worth it, maybe. Hugo Weaving made the movie feel kinda silly, but otherwise I liked it a lot.

Ah, fair enough.

I tried watching Captain America the other night after seeing The Avengers and I couldn't make it past the first hour and just went to sleep. Bores me.

I can't get the though that Hugo Weaving sounds like Schwarzenegger out of my head. So distracting.

Sadly Jint, we could end up like that =/

Ah, fair enough.

I tried watching Captain America the other night after seeing The Avengers and I couldn't make it past the first hour and just went to sleep. Bores me.

I can't get the though that Hugo Weaving sounds like Schwarzenegger out of my head. So distracting.

lol, that was why I went back and saw it as well. Though maybe I should have seen Thor before that, since there was still some stuff that didn't make sense. I guess being able to perv on Capt made it significantly easier to sit through :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Thank you, Shan.

Evl, I am crazy about a
35 year old.

Aren't you in your late 20s though?

I find the age difference from someone in their late 20s to mid 30s to be less of an issues than late 20s to early 20s.

And if you, a handsome man with intelligence can't get a lady, then all of us who are single are stuffed.

Salazar

Almost 28.

I find the age difference from someone in their late 20s to mid 30s to be less of an issues than late 20s to early 20s.

I'd never thought about it until I completely fell for this person. And once I'd decided I was crazy about them, I had sort of given up any chance of thinking even a little bit impartially about it. I mean, I never expected it to be a subject for rational contemplation, because this is all just preference and feeling. But I'm irreversibly locked into the position that, for my part at least, it doesn't matter. I just don't know how sensible it is to expect or want her to feel the same way.

Such a bizarre world now. I recently had two younger acquaintances (early 20s) get married to significantly older ladies, I'm talking a 10+ year age gap. When did it become the norm that 'cougars' can pick off the prime man meat in their early 20s or younger but a 28 year old man feels he can't approach a 20 year old girl.

You need to restore the balance in the force and hit on that

Probably because someone in their late 20's is likely to be at a similar place in life as someone in their 30's, as compared to early 20's. There are always exceptions though. You'll never find out unless you speak up!

Rezbit

Man at this point for me things are looking grim. There's no one I even have feelings for at all. Don't get me wrong I still love the pretty ladies, but I would like to like someone
and then be too scared to talk to them

Speaking of pretty ladies, for some reason I have been watching videos of The Voice online. There's one girl called Emma, and her voice (and face) is FLAW.LESS. Hnng.

Danoss

And if you, a handsome man with intelligence can't get a lady, then all of us who are single are stuffed.

Who says that's what all girls want? You don't know what Sal's pickup technique is like, if he has one, or how he comes across.

I know someone who is reasonably attractive, extremely intelligent and knowledgeable. His character flaws are so severe that anyone can see why girls won't go near him. If he presented himself online, you wouldn't know this.

Just go do your thing man. Who fucking cares what anyone thinks? If they don't like you, that's their problem. If you make an ass of yourself in front of a person or group of people, I guarantee they'll have forgotten you within 15 mins. All the more reason to have a go.

As for worrying about your interest/hobby of video games, so what? Most girls I know dont have any hobbies, their hobby is to annoy the living shit out of their boyfriends. If they don't like your hobby or what you do, fuck 'em, best to find out sooner rather than later so you can give them the boot.

I don't know how you can be so down on yourself man. You're not terribly overweight like I am, you're not jobless like I am, you don't have bad bodily injuries like I do, you don't seem to have severely flawed character traits like I do. That's a lot of bonuses right there and I'm sure there's more, so chin up.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'd never thought about it until I completely fell for this person. And once I'd decided I was crazy about them, I had sort of given up any chance of thinking even a little bit impartially about it. I mean, I never expected it to be a subject for rational contemplation, because this is all just preference and feeling. But I'm irreversibly locked into the position that, for my part at least, it doesn't matter. I just don't know how sensible it is to expect or want her to feel the same way.

So why can't you ask her out? Did you build her up in your mind to be the most perfect person on the planet for yourself and now you're afraid to find out that she might not be?

Just ask her to dinner. See what happens and then post on ausgaf during the entire date so we can all takes notes about what's working and what isn't along with giving you advice that we know nothing about.

It will be alright man.

@Danoss. Thanks, But I know we were pretty much the same weight when we met up in syd. Plus you ride a motorbike, so thats like, +1000 points in el fozo cool factor ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom