• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Busaiku

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma (PS3) tournament - We Love CP
When signing up include your SEN name and GAF name, like so: Sarumanu (SEN) / Busaiku (GAF).
Sign-ups open through next Saturday (November 23) at 10 PM CST.
Matches will begin as soon as sign-ups end/brackets go up.
Open to all North American residents.

Format will be Round Robin, 1st to 4 wins.
Games will be standard 2/3, 99 seconds, no unlimited.
If there are any stages or anything that are frowned upon, lemme know.

Tournament will last through December 12.
Since it's Round Robin, it can end way before, but you have until then to play your matches.

Winner will receive a single item of their choice from Eighty Sixed's BlazBlue collection.

Rhapsody

Banned
Wondering, but, how is placement decided in this tourney? Is it by just sets? Or do individual matches contribute too? (as a final score or just for tie breaking purposes?)

Busaiku

Similar to Topanga.
Wins 1st, GD for tie breaker.

Also, I ask that everyone stick to the formatting, even if you have the same name here and on SEN.
Like this:
Sarumanu (SEN) / Busaiku (GAF)

Also, just for clarification, it's PS3 only.

RoeBear

Wondering, but, how is placement decided in this tourney? Is it by just sets? Or do individual matches contribute too? (as a final score or just for tie breaking purposes?)

He said round robin so isn't it just everyone fights everyone once? Kinda like that last one.

Also, I ask that everyone stick to the formatting, even if you have the same name here and on SEN.
Like this:
Lol I just changed my entry name like 10 times to make it match this.

Rhapsody

Banned
He said round robin so isn't it just everyone fights everyone once? Kinda like that last one.

Like this:

Last one was by Swiss and point system. I think I only lost straight up to Fugu but tied to you and someone else. Every of my other matches I won, but it wasn't 4 wins straight. Since some people got matches where the opponent forefeited, that kinda hurt my record lol

Edit: Sorry Busaiku if I sound ungrateful from last tourney, since I'm not. Was just curious on the format.

RoeBear

Last one was by Swiss and point system. I think I only lost straight up to Fugu but tied to you and someone else. Every of my other matches I won, but it wasn't 4 wins straight. Since some people got matches where the opponent forefeited, that kinda hurt my record lol

Edit: Sorry Busaiku if I sound ungrateful from last tourney, since I'm not. Was just curious on the format.

Oh yeah I kinda forgot about the point system. Oh well, I just want to play this more before it all changes.

RoeBear

Anyone want to do some lobby matches right now?

I forgot how good O.D. finishers felt :D

GGs Tornado. I would have played more but my poor gaming posture kills me.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah week one he was pretty weak. He's pretty much the same just with different combo paths. Less damage but still can get high up there.

I swear he was labeled as one of the strongest in 1.1 end game by players.

Even N-O would just get rocked by Carl or counter pick to Jin on console tourneys.

Fugu

I'm still a little mad that I finished a quarter of a point below the maximum in that tournament.

Rhapsody

Banned
I just noticed the majority of these entrees are matchups I don't enjoy as Rachel.

I think I'm going to have to do some labbing. Especially against Bang and that stupid hitbox of his...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just noticed the majority of these entrees are matchups I don't enjoy as Rachel.

I think I'm going to have to do some labbing. Especially against Bang and that stupid hitbox of his...

I don't think Rachel likes any match up until she has you in the corner :p

Fugu

Why not do double elimination? Just want everyone to get lots of games in?
The first BB-GAF tournament was double elimination and it's technically still going with me sitting in grand finals waiting for the winner of the loser's bracket. Double elimination tournaments either take too long or they have too many DQs to be of any interest. In a round robin tournament, when a dude gets DQ'd, it generally affects everyone equally, whereas they can be transformative in a double elimination bracket (although it's obviously worse in a single elimination bracket).

In other news, I might not be participating. This is shaping up to be a very busy time. I'll drop before the start date if that's the case, however.

Uraizen

Banned
I was exploring older games like Melty Blood and catching up on my backlog. I pray console and arcade date parity are a thing one day. It will never be, but I can always hope.

Mdesilva

ggs, you aren't as bad as you think. Especially since most people have neglected this game for a good while.
I don't know if I've fought a good Carl before tbh, at least not as Kokonoe. I also dropped a tooooon of combos. But I'm glad you at least think I'm decent or something

Titanfall's the best fighting game I've bought this year.
Did you get BBCP last year or something? :V

Busaiku

Fygu is Fugu, right?
Again, I ask that you keep the formatting, just so it's easier for someone to get a hold of you.

Again, it's like this...

The order of SEN/GAF doesn't matter, so long as you include both in there, indicating which is which.

Marz

Can anyone get me started on what to be working on for a beginner level Valk?

Having a hard time finding good resources to start out.

Edit: nvm found some stuff on dustloop, man this stuff looks overwhelming.

Mdesilva

Anyone play this for Vita? I have way more time to spend on it than on PS3, so I've been putting in work. If anyone wants to fight, PLEASE let me know! :D

Can anyone get me started on what to be working on for a beginner level Valk?

Having a hard time finding good resources to start out.

Edit: nvm found some stuff on dustloop, man this stuff looks overwhelming.

Story of every character that's not Tager. :(

Top Bottom