• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bojack Horseman Season 3 |OT| Everyday It Gets a Little Easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear to me at this point that Bojack's only chance of happiness would come when he decides to completely sever the connection that acting and fame has on his sense of identity and turn his back on the whole thing.

Geist-

It's clear to me at this point that Bojack's only chance of happiness would come when he decides to completely sever the connection that acting and fame has on his sense of identity and turn his back on the whole thing.

That will also be the day the show ends.

I know the creators were talking about having it not be a happy ending but be a good one which I think is what the 2nd season last episode was leading to. Will everything work out? Not remotely. Will Bojack fuck up bad? Oh invariably. Will he still have a shot at being happy at the end? If he tries. And that's all we can hope for.

So excited. I'm ready for the misery! Between this and new Steven Universe all week, deceptive looking cartoons are killing my emotions.

Zubz

Banned
I use those shows to remind myself I have emotions lol.

Nothing-on-the-Inside-Nothing-on-the-Outside.gif

Seriously, I can't wait to see how far they go this time! I could barely handle 2-11...

Finaj

I'm talking for my own sake. The end season 1 and most of 2 hit me particularly hard and I still loved it. I fully more bleak looks at life, sometimes I just don't want to deal and make my own fantasy escape from LA.

Going with the theme of the show and the outlook on life in general, he may never. Or he realizes far too late.

It would be pretty disappointing (for me) if most of the characters go through major changes except the main one.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
It would be pretty disappointing (for me) if most of the characters go through major changes except the main one.
It'd make for something incredibly poetic and depressing though.

Maybe Bojack has the capacity to change others, but never himself.

daveo42

Banned

The thing is that some of the characters are still kind of stagnant at this point. Diane shoved off her responsibilities for a few months and lied to Mr. Peanutbutter about where she was, but she's coming home. Princess Caroline is using work as an escape from love, yet still falls for childish men (sorry Vincent). Mr. Peanutbutter is still a good dog, but continues to be naive about how the world really works, regardless of progress he's made with Diane. Todd has yet to fully become his own man and is still hung up on wanting approval from Bojack, though I might give that one a pass.

I'd say the difficulty of change, regardless of how easy people make it seem to be is mostly futile as we age, is one of the bleakest components of the show. We get stuck in our broken ways and seem to fall back into them even if we know they are bad for us. You can't teach an old dog new tricks and I think most changes are life changes, but not character ones.

Corpekata

Banned
Oh man laughed really hard at a sort of minor joke in episode 1
As Carrie from Sex in the City might say, "I'm Carrie"

Jesus Christ, Ep 2 is references galore

They really went all out with them, it was hard to keep up with some of them since they fit so many in 25 minutes.

I had a good laugh with todd ripping the ending of the sopranos off the film reeI and the krill and grace mention. Also I totally want to rent Mr.peanutbutters blockbuster exclusive show

Rafavert

You understand BoJack had an impact on your life when you're doing quality control on a subtitling job, see "Hollywood" and for a second think you need to correct it to "Hollywoo".

Geist-

Ep.2 had a new ending song.

What the hell was I thiiiiiinking bro?

Also I need Diane's new ringtone.

kris.

Banned
can't watch until tonight but i just remembered something i hope gets brought up again this season, that being
who Jill Pill is to Bojack and what this other show is that he worked on

daveo42

Banned
Watched episode 1 late last night cause I'm a mad man.

Real solid start to the season.
Love the reminder that there's been next to no time between seasons and Bojack is still reeling from the events of S2E11 and the boat. I can also see the moment that leads to the eventual break this season; Bojack renouncing the show that defined him and going against his concious on his actual role in Secretariat.

I'm also super jelly of all the people able to take the day off of work or are on break from school and are binging it today. I should have ignored my responsibilities today and just stayed home.

Breads

Banned
Watched episode 1 late last night cause I'm a mad man.

Real solid start to the season.
Love the reminder that there's been next to no time between seasons and Bojack is still reeling from the events of S2E11 and the boat. I can also see the moment that leads to the eventual break this season; Bojack renouncing the show that defined him and going against his concious on his actual role in Secretariat.

I'm also super jelly of all the people able to take the day off of work or are on break from school and are binging it today. I should have ignored my responsibilities today and just stayed home.

Become your own boss. Then you can watch netflix and eat all the cream you want!

hollomat

Banned
Two episodes in and loving it so far.

I love that at the end of episode 2
they changed the ending credit songs. Also that Jessica biel played herself in the episode.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Bojack Horseman is probably the best currently running show going. Can't think of a comparable competitor, and that's saying something for an animated comedy about a horse.

Geist-

This show is absolutely fearless when it comes to shaking up the status quo. And the writing is so good that they somehow manage to maintain the same cast without it feeling like those shakeups didn'the matter.

obin_gam

Took me 7 episodes to recognize that it's Abbi Jacobson of Broad City who is the red head that's got a crush on Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom