• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bojack Horseman Season 3 |OT| Everyday It Gets a Little Easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris.

Banned
was that Benny Schwaz (ep 9)
singing that song on the radio while princess carolyn was driving away from the restaurant?
sounded a lot like him

I'll be honest; I really liked Episode 4 but I think I liked Episode 9 better. The dialogue between Bojack and PC is just so...on point and real. When Bojack said
"I do love you, by the way. As much as I'm capable of loving anyone. Which is never enough. I'm sorry"
I teared up because PC's face went through such a complex series of emotions.

And then that ending. Woof.

And even with as...really heavy as that episode was I think it also had some of the funniest jokes or sight gags of this season. The whole conversation with the dude at the bar. The assigning of kitchen jobs. The pay off to the food critic and the donkey family.

Odrion

Banned
So how would you guys compare this season to season 2? I just finished the second episode and man I don't know...

Damn, I'm finished.

This show is incredible. I'm just sitting here thinking about life right now....

Fuck, what else is there to say...

Archurro

That ending.... Easily the best show on TV.

my personal episode rankings:
11 > 12 > 9 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 10 > 2 > 8 > 1 > 5 > 3

Random thoughts on the entire season:
I really liked the return of Benny Schawz's rabbit character and Vanessa Gekko with the way their characters are treated. I had a feeling PC screwed over Laura and it was going to fall apart, but it did a great job of showing not every antagonist is two dimentional bad guy.
BoJack has a daughter? I really wonder how that's going to turn out, excited for that arc
That episode 10/11 spiral for BoJack as rough. Personally the hardest episodes I've had to get through in the show.
Don't like the setup for conflict between Diane and Mr. PB for next season.
I really hope it works out for PC this time. Episode 9 is fantastic in exploring her history and her personality.
I got spoiled on Todd's asexuality in an interview, which is a shame as I thought the show handled it well and in an interesting way.
That final shot of the suicide attempt/horses running was amazing.

El Odio

Banned
Got up to episode 4 with my friends before they decided to go to bed tonight. I'm sup er glad because episode 4 was probably my favorite episode of the series so far. Also that
cats in the cradle
joke in episode one had us all in tears. Cant wait to get back to it tomorrow.

higemaru

The whole season was great. Impeccable writing as usual and the budget increase is reflected in the animation. Stellar all around.

Now I have to wait another month for my other favorite show about self-destructive types in LA, You're the Worst, to premiere. And after that, well, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

SalvaPot

I liked like they didn't went the expected route
of having BoJack win the Oscar and then have a whole season of him been miserable and getting more parts and feeling he didn't deserve it all because he was digitally replaced in the actual movie

Also, whatever happened with the
journalist that BoJack confessed to? Ana said she handled it,
but I guess I missed what exactly she did?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I'm only on episode 8 but am I right to assume that Bojack
just got someone pregnant
?

Just a y/n would suffice.

daveo42

Banned
Episode 4 was one of the most bizarre, magical trips I think I've ever seen in a television show. Fantastic start to finish. Laughed my ass off, felt good and loved the absurdity that was the end.
Bojack never does catch a break

Edit: Episode 5
Oh fuck Bojack. Don't do that to Todd man. Please don't do that to Todd. Also, Diane pregnant?! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!
The hits just keep coming.

ShinLad

Neo Member
Binged it and i'm an emotional mess. One minor spoiler question.

Did they ever tell how Anna "took care of it" from the first episode with the manatee leaving the recorder on while Bojack spilled his guts about New Mexico?

Maximo

Episode 4 was great now I know why everyone keeps mentioning it, always wondered how that side of the world worked.
The ending for it got the biggest laugh out of me.

Loving Season 3 so far as I've been watching it, but god-DAMN that first episode!

The "Does Bojack have a Horse dick or not" Question is asked.. and then AVOIDED. ARGH!

WarRock

Binged it and i'm an emotional mess. One minor spoiler question.

Did they ever tell how Anna "took care of it" from the first episode with the manatee leaving the recorder on while Bojack spilled his guts about New Mexico?

I liked like they didn't went the expected route
of having BoJack win the Oscar and then have a whole season of him been miserable and getting more parts and feeling he didn't deserve it all because he was digitally replaced in the actual movie

Also, whatever happened with the
journalist that BoJack confessed to? Ana said she handled it,
but I guess I missed what exactly she did?
They didn't explain what Ana did.

Just finished. No plot spoilers, just my general feeling. This season was great. The only thing that I can point to as a reason I wasn't totally satisfied is that season 3 had to follow the incredible season 2. Like, if Season 2 hadn't happened, I'd be saying this is the greatest thing ever. Now, it's only one of the greats. Haha. But no points docked for that. It was great and affecting, and everything I watch the show for. The wait for season 4 will be a hard one.

SDCowboy

I love how the series is very classic Simpsons in that the episodes tend to have a deeper meaning in the end than just being funny.

Sblargh

Banned
Finished the season. Kind of crying now. Wow. What a punch in the everything. Fuck fuck fuck it all.
Fuck it all.
Jesus.

Sblargh

Banned
Ep. 4 is probably the one that deserves an award, yeah, I would even say it was made exactly in order to be an award-bait self-contained episode.
But that 10-12 stretch. Jesus fuck dude. Man, I'm about to start crying again. Jesus.

I think the reason this season feels so much more...hopeless or rough or hard to watch is that
in previous seasons Bojack fucks up and he does it with pretty much self-contained people within that season. He fucks up with Diane but they're still friends after. He fucks up with Herb and Penny and Director Lady and all these people who aren't permanent mainstays in his life. It's funny we can compartmentalize it like that, where because he fucks them up then they're not in the show anymore we sort of move on to to the next one. And when he fucks up with consistent presences in his life they still stay with him. In this season, after 2 seasons of his relationships with people like PC and Todd he finally goes too far with them. And it hits so hard because they're finally fed up. Todd's take down of Bojack was so fucking harsh.

Sblargh

Banned
I think the reason this season feels so much more...hopeless or rough or hard to watch is that
in previous seasons Bojack fucks up and he does it with pretty much self-contained people within that season. He fucks up with Diane but they're still friends after. He fucks up with Herb and Penny and Director Lady and all these people who aren't permanent mainstays in his life. It's funny we can compartmentalize it like that, where because he fucks them up then they're not in the show anymore we sort of move on to to the next one. And when he fucks up with consistent presences in his life they still stay with him. In this season, after 2 seasons of his relationships with people like PC and Todd he finally goes too far with them. And it hits so hard because they're finally fed up. Todd's take down of Bojack was so fucking harsh.

Yes, exactly, it may be argued that
the lines he crossed last season were much more serious, like, the teenager daughter stuff is way more serious than sleeping with Todd's friend who is not really actually even his girlfriend, but he finally managed to be self destructive enough to be truly alone. And that's it by the end of the season, he is alone, he burned bridges, you can believe he actually is about to commit suicide because his safety nets are pretty much all gone. And while season 2 ended on the amazing upbeat note of the baboon saying that every day gets a bit easier, this one ends just empty. And even if he is about to, I don't even know, become a wild horse, it doesn't matter, does it? It's yet another wacky Bojack attempt of proving to anyone who is trying to listen that he is good, but he isn't, Todd gave him the truth, he either actually becomes an honest good person or all of this is just bullshit.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Episode 10/11/12 has really put me in a very dour state in the hour since I watched them (although they were still pretty entertaining when they were meant to be).

I mean, I am veeeeeeeeeeerrrry far from having a life as fucked as BoJack and yet the themes those last few episodes dealt are resonating so much with me. Almost too much for some reason

Shit, I need to call someone

Geist-

Ep.12(?) spoilers: You know, the reveal that Todd
is an asexual was really surprising. How often does that show up in television? LGBTQ is big right now, but how often does the lack of sexuality come up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom