• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Assault Thread: Get Cross, taste Salt (SFxT Reality Show)

theowne

He could've worded it better, but if there's anyone on the receiving end of verbal abuse. It's this guy.

To be fair, it's reciprocal with Marn. He acts like a dick and people treat him like a dick. People don't hate on Justin or Floe the same way.

What the fuck? When the Jared/Haunts shit was going on she literally told him that her problems on CA were his fault to his face. He didn't give a shit; that was exactly when they shush'd her so Aris could continue ranting like a tool.

That was yesterday, the 5th day of the show. This has been going on since day 1.

She should have been serious from day 1 and got Aris kicked off the show. Capcom wouldn't want to get sued.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
T0pCb.png

wtf did I miss :eek:

Miranda and Dr Sub in elims.
Miranda forfeits
Dr Sub gives his prize to Miranda

Miranda during interview reveals the sexual harassment is what made her want to leave
Marn goes nuts on twitter saying how Miranda is dumb for not saying anything about the harassment and for forfeiting when 25k is on the line. He should have been on the show instead, etc.

Miranda is the victim but is questionable why she kept quiet about the whole situation and ended up screwing KOR over in the revival.

see, this is what conufses me. if the problem was so serious, why didn't anything get solved earlier? why did people let it get to the point where 1. it caused her to get out of the running for $25g and 2. it potentially caused somenoe else (kor) out of the running for $25g.

That's what I think everyone is wondering.

She straight up said on the call with Mr. Jared that Aris had crossed the line and yet, nothing changed. The funny thing is that every person who was on stream was obviously avoiding what she had said and not addressing it.

At this point I was assuming everyone was going to try to sweep it under the rug and pretend like there was nothing happening. But I guess someone noticed and put a fire under someone's ass.

I think this really kind of shows how 'far' the FGC has gotten. In one of the bigger events for the scene - yet, when you really think about it, in of itself it isn't that big. We're talking about 25 k, not a million or anything, and we're talking about around 13,000 viewership on stream, not anything 20 k +. Despite this, there are so many blow ups. Mike Ross and Jago pretty much confirming, and I nearly quote, the matches don't matter, just the money. You have staging, splitting, sexual harassing, secret behind cams, confusion, no planning etc. etc.

The FGC ready for Esports and MLG, whoakaaay. We can't even do a small "reality show" with Capcom without getting allegations left and right.

C'mon man dont act like MLG is without their fuck ups either. Blurei used to do MLG shows and said the harrassment/racism is just as bad over there too. I'd like see MLG to do a 24/7 reality stream and be half as entertaining as CA.

brian

The Aris stuff was pretty bad just from the stuff on the stream so I can only imagine what happens behind the scenes. He was largely responsible for escalating the Miranda's thighs meme and that was probably enough to make most females not want to put themselves out there in the fighting game scene. He's getting what he wants - sullying the good name of E Sports and making the scene seem unwelcoming to outsiders (women, for one).

It's fine to want to keep the scene raw and even hostile to a point. That is the kind of energy that drives competition and makes this exciting. That isn't what this is about. Aris was taking a webcam and zooming in on her body (thighs, feet, ass) and then talking about her body in front of thousands of people. That's sexual harrasment plain and simple and has no place here. It is pretty incredible to me that the stuff he has said and done in a stream officially produced by Capcom has been allowed to fly.

ismk

So much drama caused by Cross Assault. FG all-stars need to grow up, mind your business and be cool. Marn's opinions are useless, somehow he tries to justify it being cool to be harassed by Aris.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Phoenixazure
Banned
(Today, 07:16 PM)

Damn, CA claims another victim.
Shieeet. What's the body count at so far, GAF?

No Marn, "Your a girl, your going to get harassed" is not a valid argument. Miranda clearly felt cornered and helpless, especially considering shes the only girl on her team.

2San

To be fair, it's reciprocal with Marn. He acts like a dick and people treat him like a dick. People don't hate on Justin or Floe the same way.
It's more like I know his type. He gets attacked and attacks back the same way, since he seems to lack confidence in some ways . He seems like a decent guy when people actually talk to him normally. He's still pretty awkward at times though. >_>

I'm not even going to get into the whole sexual harassment thing.

But the fact that Miranda sandbagged just because she knew she was going to get off of the show was really fucked up to KOR.

That guy has been quiet, minding his own business and just focusing on leveling up - which he has been. Out of everyone eliminated, he probably 'leveled the most.'

Again, I'm not even talking about that sexual harassment thing, I'm just saying in perspective on KOR.

d0c_zaius

Marn, buddy, no one should ever "expect" harassment.

ideally no, but once again for many arcades (and many people that grew up in this environment) it was completely expected. However just to be clear, I'm not talking about gender specific harassment.

It basically comes down to two things:

-did you grow up dealing with this type of stuff? did you know how aris was when he was picked for coaching and go "ummm are you SURE?"

-did you grow up outside of arcades? did you ever see aris before cross assault?

Note Im not saying all arcades, but most of them I experienced has some kind of discrimination.

Top Bottom