• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Assault Thread: Get Cross, taste Salt (SFxT Reality Show)

Don't really agree with anyone's side here, but if anyone know's harassment it's Marn. I can't think of anyone who get's harassed more than him in the FGC.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DOWTJ.png

The community is really showing their asses now.

Sherry has to go into a meeting

They are totally going to lock that place down
Damn its about to go down.

AAK

Someone give me a recap. I just got on. Watching LI Joe now.

Miranda forfeited her elimination match and in the salty interview she basically said she no longer has the fortitude to play anymore and needs a break from the fighting game community by the way Aris treated her.

jbug617

Banned
Cross Assault is going to have serious ramifications in the community. I'm sure Aris will never be allowed on the mic. Capcom might get sued (Matt might also get fired). After this year no way Capcom will give money to the scene.

Mike Ross: "95% of the stream watchers are idiots, morons."

*Gootecks informs that these very same idiots gives them their youtube show ad money. Inform MIke to apologize.*

2 hours later

Mike Ross: "No, I love you guys, you know - I love you guys."

I think Marn was referring to this *joke*

hutna

i can't really watch the streams live, and having missed the first 6 days of this i'd like to start at the beginning.

is there a way to watch this show from the beginning? are the recap videos enough?

MThanded

Cross Assault is going to have serious ramifications in the community. I'm sure Aris will never be allowed on the mic. Capcom might get sued (Matt might also get fired). After this year no way Capcom will give money to the scene.
Yeah stagedgate is nothing compared to mirandagate.
Community really showing it deserves that 500k.

notworksafe

Are you following this discussion? People were questioning whether her "plan" was fair to KOR, her partner.

It obviously wasn't. If I was KOR I would have blown up on her. Do what you want to get off the show, but don't screw over someone who isn't involved with your issues.

The only thing that Marn said that made sense - was to call 911. Bro, it's the 21st century. If you're being harassed, call the cops. The guy, the male, the dude, whatever. Gets taken in no questions asked if any women makes any kind of allegations. That's what I would have done. No adult should get bullied.

She really should have been able to count on the adults around her to stop it. That she was being harassed and not receiving any support probably made her feel that there was nothing she could do but tough it out.

FishStix

Neo Member
I am frankly disgusted by a lot of the stuff coming from prominent members of the FGC over the last few days. As much as I love this community, there is a LOT of maturing to do before outside sponsors come in. Hell, the competitive FGC won't even grow at all at this rate ;(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah stagedgate is nothing compared to mirandagate.
Community really showing it deserves that 500k.
What is this 500K I keep hearing about?

Also, the way this is looking, GAF is gonna end up being used a source for these Giantbomb/Destructoid/etc. articles. A lot of blow ups here too.

MThanded

I wanted to see one of these reality shows before all capcom FG launches. No way in hell that happens now.

notworksafe

She really should have been able to count on the adults around her to stop it. That she was being harassed and not receiving any support probably made her feel that there was nothing she could do but tough it out.

She is an adult. She has a phone. Call the police. Call an airline to book a flight home. Remove yourself from the situation and deal with everything else later. Don't wait until five days in before blowing up and then screw over a partner the next day.

What is this 500K I keep hearing about?

Also, the way this is looking, GAF is gonna end up being used a source for these Giantbomb/Destructoid/etc. articles. A lot of blow ups here too.

Capcom is putting 500k in prize money/prizes into a series of tournaments to take place over the year for Street Fighter's 25th Anniversary.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Not to mention all the other stuff that's happened.

And Miranda can do more than just sue.

Top Bottom