• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Assault Thread: Get Cross, taste Salt (SFxT Reality Show)

Lol people are calling for Rom vs Aris now.

Rom's Hair vs Aris' beard.

In other news Flash going in. "In two hours I'm better than them and they been on 50 hours."

Wallach

i missed this (@work), was there a strategy to the match throwing? if it was some lame shit, ugh. I can't defend that. aside from this, the reaction from some circles is just as shitty. all around a shitfest.

Well, just be glad you missed it. Like half of the matches shown on stream tonight had at least one player intentionally screwing the match (it even started with a full set of all four players intentionally gaming every round). It was fucking embarrassing.

theowne

i missed this (@work), was there a strategy to the match throwing? if it was some lame shit, ugh. I can't defend that. aside from this, the reaction from some circles is just as shitty. all around a shitfest.

Well early on, Team SF tried to pull off some match throwing to trick the system and earn points.

But everyone forgot about that with the Miranda drama.

Miranda threw her matches by just not trying. She was just tired of this shit I guess, wanted to get out even if she took KOR with her.

zlatko

Banned
And that's a damn shame, everyone is ignoring the game and instead talking about Super Yans controversy. It's a damn shame :(

This game is EASILY going to be Capcom's biggest selling game this generation behind say Resident Evil 5 I bet.

Bank on it.

Moaradin

Oh shit. FlashMetroid is saying that this show is hurting the game because the players suck and he surpassed all the players after only 2 hours of play versus their week of practice.

Marn, Mike, and Flash are also saying it's the best fighting game ever made.

Well, just be glad you missed it. Like half of the matches shown on stream tonight had at least one player intentionally screwing the match (it even started with a full set of all four players intentionally gaming every round). It was fucking embarrassing.

Well early on, Team SF tried to pull off some match throwing to trick the system and earn points.

But everyone forgot about that with the Miranda drama.

Miranda threw her matches by just not trying. She was just tired of this shit I guess, wanted to get out even if she took KOR with her.

I see... all i can do is just sit and watch the shit fall where it may.

edit: off topic (lol) but this game looks pretty cool.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
She looked absolutely mentally drained. I doubt even if she was trying she would have had the focus to deal with the minefield in front of her.
I can't attribute it easier to her looking mentally drained and deciding not to block when she explicitly tweets "I don't like the challenge today for #crossassault but I have a plan. :)".

Junie12

This game is EASILY going to be Capcom's biggest selling game this generation behind say Resident Evil 5 I bet.

Bank on it.

I hope your right. The game looks really good but this reality tv show is really taking away the attention this game deserves.

kirblar

Oh shit. FlashMetroid is saying that this show is hurting the game because the players suck and he surpassed all the players after only 2 hours of play versus their week of practice.

Marn, Mike, and Flash are also saying it's the best fighting game ever made.
The show's concept just didn't work because the SF v TK thing just wasn't doable. They should have had SF players coach Tekken players in a 2-man teams sort of deal.

Lulubop

Flash always thinks he's hot shit at any game. So it's whatever. That said him and Ricky were raving about the game on FGTV last night.

I just want more Brazzer calls.

Honestly, all of this is taking my mind off the game is good because the wait is unbearable. I want to play SFxT now.

The show's concept just didn't work because the SF v TK thing just wasn't doable. They should have had SF players coach Tekken players in a 2-man teams sort of deal.
they should have just done a balls-out superhype PDP-like expo tourney to avoid all the personality clash and associated bullshit this has brought on.

Wait, didn't Miranda tell Starslayer a couple of days ago that she was overreacting when Starslayer was saying sexual harassment should be stopped on cross assault?

zlatko

Banned
I hope your right. The game looks really good but this reality tv show is really taking away the attention this game deserves.

All publicity is good. Nothing negative about the game is coming out anymore. Each day you get hours of it streamed. Tons of media for it.

This show gets 10K+ a day for viewers at night. It's now going to draw attention to it once the game media pick up her story, good or bad, won't matter. It'll result in more sales.

Plus, one the game lands and the thousands of people play it, and if its online is solid, then it will be a massive hype train like SF4 was back in '08.

Capcom want all in on pushing this game. I guarantee there is some crazy ass ad campaign too. Hell I see SFxT ads on so many sites as is. I'm sure there's a commercial ad too incoming soon.

If it sells less than vanilla SF4 did, I'd be surprised.

Top Bottom