• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Assault Thread: Get Cross, taste Salt (SFxT Reality Show)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone else watching Team SF?
Yeah. What's going on as of now though? All of that shit made no sense to me.

What are the challenges today. Will it break down to 1 player per side tonight and the final will be a 1v1 for it all at Final Round?

theowne

There's definitely more outrage at critics and those speaking out than at those that make the community look bad. Even here in the last few pages I've seen more posts along the lines of criticizing the girl than the sizable portion of the community that embraces the vile juvenile behaviour that the fgc is increasingly becoming known for

There was about ten pages or so bashing Aris a while ago. It's been a while so people are merely coming to the middle ground. The comments on Miranda are due to her erratic tweets.

krazen

People tend to forget this, but Aris was doing it for the stream monsters. He didn't start harassing Miranda till people started spamming 'Miranda's thighs!!!'. Aris got the idea that this was what the monsters found entertaining so he started teasing Miranda about it. He thought Miranda would play along and feed the trolls.

People also forget that Aris didn't ask Miranda her bra size because he wanted to know it. He asked it because the chat was asking Aris to ask Miranda certain questions. I saw 'Miranda how are you so thick for a white girl?' in the chat and Aris straight up asked her that a minute later. He thought this stuff would entertain the stream monsters and make people watch the show.

I also think Aris couldn't have thought Miranda would react the way she did. Aris has been around stream monsters for years and he knows how to react to them. Miranda doesn't. I don't think Aris thought it was harassment, he just thought it was stupid fun. Dr. Sub-Zero also knows how to react to stream monsters. Stream asked "Do you like dicks?". John said "Yeah. I love dicks. Two at the same time.". This was a new thing for Miranda, and she couldn't handle it.

TLDR: Aris isn't sexist. He was saying stuff the stream monsters asked him to say, and didn't realize that Miranda would take them personally. My 2 cents.

Im a bit annoyed at blaming the stream monsters. Stream monsters will do what they do, they troll the internet...on forums, blogs, or in live streams. However, there is a certain level of decorum that one would expect the participants to engage in, especially a *coach*..in a live setting face to face.

Im all for the smack talking, but it's problematic if the 'professionals' are the going above and beyond, lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There was about ten pages or so bashing Aris a while ago. It's been a while so people are merely coming to the middle ground. The comments on Miranda are due to her erratic tweets.

The funny part is everyone was supporting what aris did at the start of the show :p well laughing along with it

Is it starting?

"maniktv: fun fact, miranda was talking about what color dicks she perfers one day so i dont wanna hear about how shes too *** sensitive to deal with our main man Aris!"

hahaha, silly stream monster

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
YOU are the FGC, too. That means we're all Iron Man fans. :mad:
Man, I feel hesitant even considering myself a part of the FGC without conributing like actual people do. I still feel I'm stream monster tier. Hoping to turn that all around by going to my first tournament this year though if it all works out, even though I'm super free.

GabbyJay

Ben's Lens Ben's Lens Ben's Lens
SMH at the coach gauntlet thing unless it's two from team Tekken.

The weaker players (Tekken) have to play the better coach (Valle) so if it was Tekken vs SF it'd be 100% free.

I had serious meeting with CAPCOM USA's executive at parking of Capcom USA....
527361488.jpg

This guy is a legend.

Kamek

Man, I feel hesitant even considering myself a part of the FGC without conributing like actual people do. I still feel I'm stream monster tier. Hoping to turn that all around by going to my first tournament this year though if it all works out, even though I'm super free.

Go. It'll be fun, you'll meet new people, and get some online training partners for sure. When Chinatown Fair was still around, I wasn't the best player there, but it was fun to play people on my level, and get some new training partners out of it.

GorillaJu

Aris speaking on behalf of the whole community, as if everyone specifically wants sexual harassment in their games. /wrists

Fuck that. FG heads want the rawness and freedom to behave like an asshat on the mic if you want. I feel him in that Aris wants to protect that freedom, which is absent in places like the Starcraft scene. Defending sexual harassment and claiming its part and parcel for the FGC is shameful and embarrassing, though.

Dudes need to grow up. If you want the scene to stay indie and grassroots and keep that raw feel, then you can't accept and get involved in big projects with 25k payouts. More money, bigger audiences, more rules and caveats. It's how it goes. Rea is right about that.

When the scene grows, there's gonna be both big events with paid travel, tickets, big payouts etc. and with that is gonna come standards for courtesy and less raw hype. There's also gonna be smaller ones where you can get away with more, and those won't be going away.

The FGC may be resistant to growth, but those are just older guys who are grasping onto the power and influence they'll be losing when money comes into play. Alex Valle, Ultra Chen, Gootecks, these guys are going to continue being successful because they can learn and adapt to the changing climate.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I guess here's a good place to talk about this.
I'm Ben, some of you might know me as big Ben or GlenTennis, former Giant Bomb intern. I'm returning this summer with Nick and hope to produce some awesome content about stuff I'm passionate about, like fighting games. Nothing's for certain yet, but I have a lot of ideas floating around.

I was wondering why during the Big Live Live show you didn't play Noah. I thought it would have been hilarious just for the size comparison. But I guess you wouldn't have gotten destroyed by him so they didn't put you on.

Aris speaking on behalf of the whole community, as if everyone specifically wants sexual harassment in their games. /wrists

Fuck that. FG heads want the rawness and freedom to behave like an asshat on the mic if you want. I feel him in that Aris wants to protect that freedom, which is absent in places like the Starcraft scene. Defending sexual harassment and claiming its part and parcel for the FGC is shameful and embarrassing, though.

Dudes need to grow up. If you want the scene to stay indie and grassroots and keep that raw feel, then you can't accept and get involved in big projects with 25k payouts. More money, bigger audiences, more rules and caveats. It's how it goes. Rea is right about that.

When the scene grows, there's gonna be both big events with paid travel, tickets, big payouts etc. and with that is gonna come standards for courtesy and less raw hype. There's also gonna be smaller ones where you can get away with more, and those won't be going away.

The FGC may be resistant to growth, but those are just older guys who are grasping onto the power and influence they'll be losing when money comes into play. Alex Valle, Ultra Chen, Gootecks, these guys are going to continue being successful because they can learn and adapt to the changing climate.

If sponsors started offering SC money and the players were getting 100k+ a year the scene would grow up REAL quick.

Go. It'll be fun, you'll meet new people, and get some online training partners for sure. When Chinatown Fair was still around, I wasn't the best player there, but it was fun to play people on my level, and get some new training partners out of it.

I miss CF. Good thing this game is coming out so I can start to regularly go to Next Level.

kenta

Has no PEINS
People tend to forget this, but Aris was doing it for the stream monsters. He didn't start harassing Miranda till people started spamming 'Miranda's thighs!!!'. Aris got the idea that this was what the monsters found entertaining so he started teasing Miranda about it. He thought Miranda would play along and feed the trolls.

People also forget that Aris didn't ask Miranda her bra size because he wanted to know it. He asked it because the chat was asking Aris to ask Miranda certain questions. I saw 'Miranda how are you so thick for a white girl?' in the chat and Aris straight up asked her that a minute later. He thought this stuff would entertain the stream monsters and make people watch the show.

I also think Aris couldn't have thought Miranda would react the way she did. Aris has been around stream monsters for years and he knows how to react to them. Miranda doesn't. I don't think Aris thought it was harassment, he just thought it was stupid fun. Dr. Sub-Zero also knows how to react to stream monsters. Stream asked "Do you like dicks?". John said "Yeah. I love dicks. Two at the same time.". This was a new thing for Miranda, and she couldn't handle it.

TLDR: Aris isn't sexist. He was saying stuff the stream monsters asked him to say, and didn't realize that Miranda would take them personally. My 2 cents.
Someone else telling you to do or say something offensive doesn't mean you win impunity for it. Aris could have either ignored the "stream monsters" or told them to knock it off, but he didn't. He participated right along with them, and indulged them. He's no better than they are. The subsequent rant he went on only confirms it

FGC is not equal to the stream monsters. I never use/read the chat in streams just like I never read or use the comment sections in the giantbomb forums or youtube.

Aris crossed the stream (literally) and pushed the badness IRL to Miranda. He should know better. Just like playing sports, there are people in the bleachers saying the worst thing to you while you are playing but the majority of people that actually play seem like good people. Even Marn.

I really hope Klepek and other journalists know that people that love fighting games are not all stream monsters.

You should go. I've been going to GTA tournaments on and off since 2002. You will meet great people and even find people to play with in your local scene.

sephi22

Im a bit annoyed at blaming the stream monsters. Stream monsters will do what they do, they troll the internet...on forums, blogs, or in live streams. However, there is a certain level of decorum that one would expect the participants to engage in, especially a *coach*..in a live setting face to face.

Im all for the smack talking, but it's problematic if the 'professionals' are the going above and beyond, lol
I agree with this. People think I'm saying Aris should walk free because I'm trying to tell people the whole story. I do think he should be blamed. Not for being sexist, but for trying to entertain the stream monsters and behaving in a way he shouldn't have.

Can what he did be considered as harassment? Yes. If Miranda was uncomfortable, he should've stopped feeding the monsters. Is he innately sexist? No, I don't think so.

Someone else telling you to do or say something offensive doesn't mean you win impunity for it. Aris could have either ignored the "stream monsters" or told them to knock it off, but he didn't. He participated right along with them, and indulged them. He's no better than they are
Right when I'm trying to explain my view someone else posts some shit like this. Grow up GAF. Its not black and white. If I try to explain the whole situation doesn't mean I'm trying to say Aris isn't in the wrong.

Smo21

Not hard to remedy this. The Toronto fgc is so friendly is crazy.

Top Bottom