• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NHL 2K5 league.

I was going to suggest that bish/socreges/and whoever else play each other in game(s) before the season to see who gets the Canucks. Also I think the teams we use should be the two worst teams in the game (Washington and Pittsburgh I assume?).

And for the record, if I wind up not getting the Canucks one way or another, I'll be the Lightning.

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah but then the thing is we need these people to pick a 2nd team in case they lose wich is on hold preventing other people from picking these teams :/

Maverick

I'm really suprised at the interest in the league.

How's come nobody ever wanted to step up to the plate last year? :)

wait wtf? when did he call it first in this thread? thats nice that he called it in another thread, a non-GA league thread, but the point of starting a new thread is to get people to join the league as whatever team. plenty of people "called" teams in the "ESPN FOOTBALL IS COMING OUT EARLY!" thread, but that doesn't mean they all got the team they picked because that wasn't a league signup thread, and neither was the thread in question.

however, i dont want Chinn pouting and not playing in the league period, so if he doesn't want to man-up and play me for the right to use them, i guess i will pick someone else. if i didn't call the niners first in a football thread, and the guy who picked them offered to play me to use them, i would definently play him instead of whining about it. of course i'm always the one who starts the tourney/league threads anyways for football.

to be honest i dont know jack shit about any other NHL team, so i guess put me down as boston bruins if they're not taken. and if they are taken then put me down put me down as anyone it doesn't really make a difference to me

Rodriguez

Both you bitches are wrong. Andy Dufresne called the Sharks ages ago, but it wasn't in any "official" thread. Whatever happened to that guy? He was one sexy mofo.

Anyway, Rodriguez is down for this league. Rodriguez selects the Buffalo Sabres.

Malakhov

Banned
Teams not taken yet:

Eastern Teams:

New York Islanders
Atlanta Trashers
Carolina Hurricanes
Florida Panthers
Washington Capitals

Western Teams:

Columbus Blue Jackets
Nashville Predators
St-Louis Blues
Edmonton Oilers
Minnesota Wild

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'll take the Flames in the xbox league. I don't see it in bold but I also dont see it listed with anyone.

Malakhov

Banned
Truelize said:
I'll take the Flames in the xbox league. I don't see it in bold but I also dont see it listed with anyone.
The bold are the taken teams, that's why it wasn't in bold, it was still up for grabs. You got 'em.

Malakhov said:
Yeah but then the thing is we need these people to pick a 2nd team in case they lose wich is on hold preventing other people from picking these teams :/
Mike Works said:
And for the record, if I wind up not getting the Canucks one way or another, I'll be the Lightning.

Malakhov said:
Teams not taken yet:

Eastern Teams:

Tampa Bay Lightning (???)
???

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah but are you switching or not? I still have you as the Canucks.

Bishop we summon you, do you want the Canucks that bad or what?

Malakhov said:
Yeah but are you switching or not? I still have you as the Canucks.

Bishop we summon you, do you want the Canucks that bad or what?
Bish and I will play for the Canucks, right?

Malakhov

Banned
Mike Works said:
Bish and I will play for the Canucks, right?
Yeah unless Bish gives up on the Canucks ;)

Alright I'll put you up as the lightning and Bish as the Avalanche and reserve the Canucks, whoever wins that game can take them. Deal?

Ryu

So I can't have the Penguins\Rangers (XBL) like I asked for? Didn't see the PM until now. Stupid notification system didn't pop up a message. If that can't happen, as I'm not about to play someone for what I already called, I'll just take Ottawa.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
calder said:
if you take a team like the Blackhawks in a league you pretty much win the moral victory every time you play against some front-running charlie like bishoptl. Whats the matter bish, realized you couldn't take Man U or the Yankees? :D
What the...I just saw this edited slander! You'll be hearing from my lawyers tomorrow.

Yeah, I want the Canucks, but I'm willing to play Mike for 'em. If I get the Avs, I can sit out Forsberg every game while he gets his virtual nails done.

A full league will NEVER happen. Schedules are too hard to synchronize...I'd also suggest playing a 41 or 20-game season instead of 82.

Malakhov

Banned
bishoptl said:
I'd also suggest playing a 41 or 20-game season instead of 82.
That's for sure, a 20 games season would be perfect, I think.

bishoptl said:
A full league will NEVER happen.
So shall we stop after the next one who gets in? That would give us a rounded 20.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'd vote for cutting off registration at 20. The hockey guys on this forum are pretty hardcore and dedicated, so I can see this league actually playing to completion unlike some other sport league around here. :(

Ryu

Well, I'll finish out my 20 win or lose. How will we know who we play next? Is there some kind of order or do we just play people as soon as we see them? The last hockey games I was really into was NHLPA 94 and Brett Hull Hockey on the SNES so I imagine I'll get my ass kicked hard in this league. Still though, at 20 bucks, it's worth it. :) Will there be a period limit with time as well? What kind of rule set?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'd imagine 5 minute periods, anything more than that becomes a chore. Let's wait until the game's actually out so everybody can check out the available options and make an informed decision...

Malakhov

Banned
5 minutes periods and 20 games season that's for sure. Also, best of 3 games playoffs would be the best, 7 games playoffs would be way too long.

So we all agree to stop at 20 then? Can you play 2 teams? Man I wish someone would pick the Isles, I have a little something for them :/

calder

SystemShark said:
Seeing as I'm a little late and the Flames are gone, I'll take the Oilers.

shockedappalled.gif

Malakhov

Banned
SystemShark said:
Thanks for the heads up Malakhov.
Np.

With SystemShark we now have 20 members.

I looked in the ESPN 2K5 shipping early thread and I noticed 6.8 and Kabuki Waq had expressed interest in an NHL league. So shall we stop getting new players and reserve 2 spots for 6.8 and Kabuki Waq? We'd have 22 members and everyone from that old thread would be in.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If they were really interested, wouldn't either of them have entered this thread and said something by now?

Malakhov

Banned
I just noticed Kabuki posted in the online/matchup forum today and 6.8 posted on the gaming forum today and I did send him a PM about it a couple of days ago so we'll have to stop the signing up now and stay at 20.

So the league is full!

Malakhov

Banned
XBox full league:

Eastern Division:

Malakhov, Montreal Canadiens
Mike Works, Tampa Bay Lightning
College Dropout, Pittsburgh Penguins
cloudystrife, Philadelphia Flyers
FrenchMovieTheme, Boston Bruins
Malleymal, New York Rangers
Dopeyfish, Toronto Maple Leafs
Rodriguez, Buffalo Sabres
StrikerObi, New Jersey Devils
Ryu, Ottawa Senators

Western Division:

Matrixadw, Dallas Stars
Fifty, Los Angeles Kings
DMczaf, Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Cmdr Solrak, Chicago Blackhawks
Bishop, Colorado Avalanche
Ramirez, Phoenix Coyotes
Fight for Freeform, Detroit Red Wings
Marty Chinn, San Jose Sharks
Truelize, Calgary Flames
SystemShark, Edmonton Oilers

Malakhov

Banned
Just ordered my Xbox copy from futureshop.ca, $29.99 with free shipping, ships on August 24th.

Woooooooooot!

Malakhov

Banned
I played a few 2K4 matches online tonight and I tried the Sens online for the first time, boy are they rocking. Amazing, amazing defense.

Malakhov

Banned
Ryu said:
Would 2K4 be good practice for 2K5? Would it even be worth investing in?
Well it would be good practice but 2K5 is coming out in 2 weeks, kind of a waste of money if you ask me.

Malakhov

Banned
Anyone's up for a 2k4 match? Gamertag is Malakhov. I've lost my headset though :/

Send me an invite if you wanna play.

Top Bottom