• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NHL 2K5 league.

Malakhov

Banned
God so many cheezers these days. I was playing the leafs and totally owning this guy until he kept doing the same little move and slapshot from afar and it kept going in. I made 4 great goals in that game but still got a lost because of some f'king lame scoring trick.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Malakhov said:
God so many cheezers these days. I was playing the leafs and totally owning this guy until he kept doing the same little move and slapshot from afar and it kept going in. I made 4 great goals in that game but still got a lost because of some f'king lame scoring trick.

yeah, there is one sweet spot in the game and it's a certain distance away. I can't play mini rink any more because of it :( (because it just so happens to be the center line)

Malakhov

Banned
DopeyFish said:
yeah, there is one sweet spot in the game and it's a certain distance away. I can't play mini rink any more because of it :( (because it just so happens to be the center line)
Hey dopey want to play a quick game?

I think I fell in love playing with the Leafs, I feel dirty :(

Fight for Freeform said:
Sweeeeet!

SystemShark, where'd you move to?

If anyone missed it, here's a 45 minute video that goes over all the features of ESPN Hockey 2k5:

http://www.gamespot.com/live/stream...47bf-1cb8-01ee-6c74c2cffc36&urdate=1094540400

If you don't want to watch the entire video but still want to know what it talks about...just read this thread: http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=8350

Moved to Parkdale Blvd from Mckenzie.

And calder, trust me, I ain't going to enjoy playing the Oilers. :(

Malakhov

Banned
I've been playing a whole lot of 2K4 these past few days and I sure hope NHL2K5 won't be ruined by these idiots online like 2K4 was. It's pretty much useless to play online unless you find a good and honest player who's trying to play a genuine simulation game of hockey.

Nowadays all you find are people playing at full speed, without offsides and they're all using petty tricks to score a bunch of goals every game. Man this blows.

DopeyFish

Malakhov said:
Hey dopey want to play a quick game?

I think I fell in love playing with the Leafs, I feel dirty :(

unfortunately i dont have nhl 2k4 with me :/ unless of course you feel like playing 2K3 =p

Malakhov

Banned
DopeyFish said:
unfortunately i dont have nhl 2k4 with me :/ unless of course you feel like playing 2K3 =p
I don't have 2K3 for xbox, only for ps2. Aw well, in 2 weeks we'll be playing 2K5 anyways :)

Malakhov

Banned
I've just started a new NHL 2K4 season (I need to kill the wait until NHL 2K5) and I started a season with a fantasy draft with the Habs for the first time ever, I always use the normal roster. I am quite happy with my lineup so far, here it is:

A. Tanguay – V. Lecavalier – M. Havlat
R. Nash – J. Speeza – S. Sullivan
D. Sedin – H. Sedin – J. Cheechoo
J. Ruutu – N. Antropov – S.Donovan

Z. Chara – J. Bouwmeester
B. Sopel – M. Komisarek
T. Lydman – J. Leopold

M. Turco
A. Raycroft

Talk about a lineup heh, wish this was the real Habs team ;)

Malakhov said:
I've just started a new NHL 2K4 season (I need to kill the wait until NHL 2K5) and I started a season with a fantasy draft with the Habs for the first time ever, I always use the normal roster. I am quite happy with my lineup so far, here it is:

D. Sedin – H. Sedin
J. Ruutu

B. Sopel

Talk about a lineup heh, wish this was the real Habs team ;)
We know you do, Malakhov. We know you do.

Cloudy

Banned
It's almost time. This better not be half-assed, Malakhov :p

Oh and did anyone check this out:

Online League Play
The standard-setting online quality that you have come to know from ESPN Videogames now includes online leagues and tournaments, a real time sports ticker that gives updates of other games in progress, and an advanced messaging system that let’s you keep in touch with your opponents whenever they are online.

They better add this for NFL too! o_O

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
oh yea forgot about the game coming out this week.... Just got madden in the mail for 35 bucks , brand new... I will use the 15 i saved and go get this the day it drops... YES RANGERS in 05

Malakhov

Banned
When is it coming out. I keep hearing the 24th or 30th. I even received an email from future shop saying it was out of stock? wth?

Fifty

you should know better than to trust futureshop. It's out of stock because it's not in stock :p

Gamefaqs says the 30th, and I believe that to be the truth.

Cloudy

Banned
Update: Top Shelf Tuesday #5 - 08/24

Innovation has always been a standard for the 2K series. As one of the pioneers of online gaming, ESPN Videogames continues to revolutionize with new online hockey features that can only be found in ESPN NHL 2K5.

Online play has been completely streamlined delivering the highest quality available. Setting up online tournaments has never been easier and in addition to customized online tournaments, ESPN NHL 2K5 is proud to deliver online leagues with living rosters - rosters that can change due to injuries and change for each league. Once online leagues are created on the Xbox or PS2, gamers can view their league page on a PC to keep track of every stat of every game in the league. This rich online experience comes at no additional cost and with a $19.99 price tag, ESPN NHL 2K5 continues to deliver the best hockey experience - offline and online - anywhere.

http://www.espnvideogames.com/news/screen.php?id=787&gid=8

Malakhov

Banned
I'd like a confirmation from everyone who signed up in this league to know if you still are getting the game and still are in please.

Malakhov

Banned
Ok I'll add (Confirmed) to everyone who does in the original post, I've also flushed the PS2 league due to a lack of interest.

Cloudy

Banned
DJ Demon J said:
Are there any openings left in the league? Fun Fact: In 2K4, only Maverick could beat me.

Pick some possible teams you want and he can add you cos I bet many folks won't confirm...

Malakhov

Banned
Cloudy said:
Pick some possible teams you want and he can add you cos I bet many folks won't confirm...
Yeah exactly, there's one week 'till it's released and I'm sure some won't show up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Just to throw a wrench in to things a little, I won't be joining in the fun as I've sold my Xbox. If I can convince my roommate to pick up the NA for his PS2 I should be up for some games then.

Sorry.

FightyF

Banned
I just played 2K4 again today and I just can't play with Cujo in net. Depending on if there are money goals in 2K5, I may choose another team.

DopeyFish

espn is out espn is out espn is out

woo woo

*gets ready to pick up copy in an hour or so*

well i won't be able to play until after midnight though :(

shoplifter

DopeyFish said:
espn is out espn is out espn is out

woo woo

*gets ready to pick up copy in an hour or so*

well i won't be able to play until after midnight though :(

WHAT YOU SAY!

Dammit, looks like I'll have to go get it.

DopeyFish

well my ebgames will be selling it right when they get their shipment in, dunno about others but you might as well call them up and ask :D

Top Bottom