• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 IOT2I Gods Among Losers Final Day - July 14th

i had really high hopes for sfxt, but was a bit disappointed. pool/quarters/semi play imo was more interesting than top8. infiltration is too good and justin too lame. its a shame the stream was really low quality and constantly lagged. i enjoyed saionide and kelvin on the mic.

i also had high hopes for injustice, but i didn't like the character representation in top8.

ttt2 was surprisingly good. i think people slept on it. i don't even really like tekken, but bronson tran really tore it up.

kof was kof. i really dislike how long this game takes, but the matches were good.

marvel was pretty stale until news hit that chris g was put in losers. then came top 8 and justin's performance was pretty legendary. a shame he didn't win.

ae was strong from beginning to end, surprisingly even early pools. top 8 player and character representation was awesome. my picks didn't make it, as much as i love xian.

Anth0ny

7xkvMDF.png

lol what the hell

Cels

"Street Fighter Player Wins Great Match at EVO With Unpopular Character"

Is this a real headline?

"I am told Infiltration has a "pocket Hakan," so he knew what he was doing—but still, given how unpopular the character is, I wouldn't blame anyone for wondering if he did. It still strikes me as a bold move"

This article is so perfect.

http://kotaku.com/street-fighter-player-wins-great-match-at-evo-with-unpo-789129091

Patricia Hernandez, please stop.

i don't believe it. is this what kotaku meant when they said they were going to start trying to cover the exciting parts of the fgc and not just scandal?

publishing a trash article with a trash headline is a great start.

Hey guys I missed the SF finals and I'm trying really hard to avoid spoilers, so can someone please please PM the link to watch the SF top 8.

Thanks.

alstein

What does TFC stand for?

The Fall Classic. Major in North Carolina this September with support for most of the major EC events (only CEO isn't involved)

I do think for TFC to reach its goal, it may need to swap dates with NEC, or aim for Veteran's Day weekend.

Were the answers boring, or what? (Or were the questions bad?)

Is there any video? I'm kind of curious, now.

It's just awkward because players usually aren't very well-spoken and also have nothing they'd really want to say before or after a match, other than stating "I want to win" or "I won/lost". I think most people would rather just watch the match, especially in a fighting game tournament where you don't need to kill 40 minutes of time while players configure their mouse drivers.

Mesoian

This EVO has definitely pushed me over the edge to go next year. I was always sort of content to just watch the streams. But, now I feel like I should go at least once. :x

I'll probably get bodied, but whatever lol.

Even then, it's still cool. Most people on Wednesday and thursday wander around the hotels, looking for casuals. You talk, you meet new people, you drink, you play, you discuss the game, it's a lot of fun. This year was my first year, but I'm super sold on the experience. I'll definitely be returning next year.

It was funny, for most of finals, I and the people in my row were pretty calm and gentlemanly about discussing matches and whatnot. Then marvel happened. We were jumping around all over the place.

Street fighter finals were great- rog vs infiltration ( both matches) Daigo vs infiltration, Sako vs xian, akima mirror match were some of my favorites.

Top Bottom