• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First reviews for Trank's Fantastic Four hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I get it. You flip-flopping deciding whether you're a fan or not a fan to see which one suits your argument better.

So now you're a fan. A fan who doesn't want to see his favorite actor to support him.

Makes sense!

Sigh. Let's go through this again.

I said MBJ is better than Gruffudd.

You said that I'm a fan of him.

I said I didn't say I'm a fan (I might think drinking piss is better than eating shit; doesn't mean I'm a fan of either).

You then thought that meant I wasn't a fan.

I said I didn't say I wasn't a fan either.

You then got confused and thought that meant I was a fan again.

Now I've said I like him, he's my favourite actor and apparently I should see everything he has starred in.

Have you seen everything Ioan Gruffudd ever starred in? You think he's better than MBJ, which must mean you're a fan, which must mean he's your favourite actor, which must mean you should watch every one of his films and shows!

Unbelievable amount of confusion on your side. Not sure what the time zone is where you are; maybe take a nap anyway.

I don't hate Miles Teller, but I think he's a real bad actor. I mean i like whiplash, but JK Simmons is the talent in that movie.

Simmons is certainly better than Teller in it, but I think he gets unfairly forgotten a tad. Comes into his element in the second half when he's acting cocky. Plus he learnt to play the drums, which is nice.

Replicant

Sigh. Let's go through this again.

I said MBJ is better than Gruffudd.

You said that I'm a fan of him.

I said I didn't say I'm a fan (I might think drinking piss is better than eating shit; doesn't mean I'm a fan of either).

You then thought that meant I wasn't a fan.

I said I didn't say I wasn't a fan either.

You then got confused and thought that meant I was a fan again.

Unbelievable amount of confusion on your side. Not sure what the time zone is where you are; maybe take a nap anyway.

Yeah, I'd say you have no idea what you actually want to say. "I'm a fan who's not a fan but how dare you saying I don't like him" WTF?

Well, considering you've argued for him the past 1 hour, wouldn't it make sense for you to show support for his likely flopped blockbuster? I have btw, seen most of Ioan's stuff, whatever I can get. Don't tell me you don't have access to see F4.

I can do this all day/night/24/7 as long as you're up for it. :)

Awww sheeeett!!!!

We just hit 7% folks.

Those poor actors T_T. Ah, not really. :D

Awww sheeeett!!!!

We just hit 7% folks.

94275-Jason-Sudeikis-Satan-YEAH-gif-GitI.gif

t-ramp

Did RT just add the consensus? Seems almost too positive somehow.

Dull and downbeat, this Fantastic Four proves a woefully misguided attempt to translate a classic comic series without the humor, joy, or colorful thrills that made it great.

Yeah, I'd say you have no idea what you actually want to say. "I'm a fan who's not a fan but how dare you saying I don't like him" WTF?

Well, considering you've argued for him the past 1 hour, wouldn't it make sense for you to show support for his likely flopped blockbuster? I have btw, seen most of Ioan's stuff, whatever I can get. Don't tell me you don't have access to see F4.

I can do this all day/night/24/7 as long as you're up for it. :)

I like Michael B Jordan. I have seen the majority of the work he's in, because they have appealed to me.

I don't mind Ioan Gruffudd. I have seen a fair amount of the work he's done; the ones that do appeal to me.

I think Fantastic Four looks shit. It doesn't appeal to me.

I don't think my liking of Michael B Jordan's work precludes me from disliking things he's appeared in or is to appear in.

I also feel I'm far more informed on Michael B Jordan's talent than you are, because you have seen the sum total of one thing he stars in.

I'm sorry you haven't seen The Wire. Please get around to doing so as soon as you've finished your eleventh viewing of Fireflies in the Garden.

Most people associate words with what is said beforehand and not what's not said.

Out of the entire back and forth between you two in the ass-end of this thread, this is the thing that jumped out at me.

It makes zero sense. Like, I heard it in my head as Karl Pilkington talking.

Replicant

I like Michael B Jordan. I have seen the majority of the work he's in, because they have appealed to me.

I don't mind Ioan Gruffudd. I have seen a fair amount of the work he's done; the ones that do appeal to me.

I think Fantastic Four looks shit. It doesn't appeal to me.

I don't think my liking of Michael B Jordan's work precludes me from disliking things he's appeared in or is to appear in.

I also feel I'm far more informed on Michael B Jordan's talent than you are, because you have seen the sum total of one thing he stars in.

I'm sorry you haven't seen The Wire. Please get around to doing so as soon as you've finished your eleventh viewing of Fireflies in the Garden.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Yet you just spent one hour arguing about how awesome its actors are.

I think when you exert this much effort to convince someone, yeah you do.

I believe you. You probably are a freak that way, knowing all of his 'talents'.

Maybe. I still have many episodes of Firefiles though.

Out of the entire back and forth between you two in the ass-end of this thread, this is the thing that jumped out at me.

It makes zero sense. Like, I heard it in my head as Karl Pilkington talking.

If I said, I don't like Ice cream, would you interpret it as I don't like all kinds of sweets? Not exactly close analogy but that's what I went for.

LionPride

Banned
When everything I've seen says watching the previous three F4 movies is a better time than the new one makes me feel some type of way. I like every member of the main cast and supposedly they were all wasted. I hope a good F4 movie comes out either through Fox or Marvel someway.

Servbot24

Banned
Dear god, Replicant is one of the most grating boarders I have ever seen on this forum.

Evidently not entirely inappropriate given the movie being discussed though.

Its like talking to a poster of Ioan Gruffudd. Sorry for everyone who had to read through a conversation concerning someone who is as confused as he is.

Time to go watch rise of the silver surfer.

Replicant

Oh, he's back taking to himself? My apologies as well.

Well, back to watching Fireflies as I have plenty to catch up apparently.

jtb

Banned
The cast of Fantastic Four 2005 is appalling. I say that as the biggest Chris Evans apologist that ever was.

How is this a positive review?

A cracking good science fiction movie... until the third act when it is dragged kicking and screaming into being a superhero movie and falls apart.

inm8num2

I'm surprised at how much discussion this movie is sparking. Trailers were bad. Rumors about on-set problems w/ the director's behavior were bad. Other buzz was bad. What we're seeing now with poor reception was seemingly expected.

ElRenoRaven

Just jumped back up to 9 percent. Just got it's 4th fresh rating.

Michael Ordoña San Francisco Chronicle said:
Is it a home run? No. But at this point, comic fans are just happy to see Fox play error-free ball with their Marvel adaptations, and "Fantastic Four" mostly qualifies.

Fury451

Banned
Is this the worst reviewed big budget superhero film ever ?

I even don't remember another major summer action film being that low on RT
As of right now, yes. Unless I'm missing one, that list from rotten tomatoes compiles the bottom tier of superhero movies, and this one is currently at the bottom of the bottom.

How is this a positive review?

A cracking good science fiction movie... until the third act when it is dragged kicking and screaming into being a superhero movie and falls apart.

That seems more like the usual Marvel potshot review that seems to be popular among those with superhero fatigue.

However I wonder if this movie would've been better as Chronicle 2, like it was rumored to be originally.

I'm watching the 2005 version right now, lol. I honestly kinda like it

They are manageable, honestly. Campy and kind of shallow for some of the stories the F4 are known for, but still enjoyable films from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom