• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First reviews for Trank's Fantastic Four hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

I'm not the biggest fan of Matthew Vaughn but he did very well with First Class, ramshackle as it is. And then Days of Future Past had Bryan Singer, who had pedigree.

tumblr_nsm7s0iWey1qc7a1uo1_400.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PAzXEIsxl4

Theecliff

Banned
it's worse than the 2005 and 2007 films? how is that even fucking possible? gah a certain part of me was cautiously optimistic about this since i really enjoyed chronicle. oh well :/

Replicant

Why are people surprised? The 05/07 had decent actors (Alba notwithstanding), this one only has Jamie Bell. The last one had a light tone even though it lack of focus. This one tries so hard to be grim dark and realistic even though we're dealing with a man who can stretch his hands. Not to mention they fucked up one character's real power in this attempt to be 'realistic'.

Why are people surprised? The 05/07 had decent actors (Alba notwithstanding), this one only has Jamie Bell. The last one had a light tone even though it lack of focus. This one tries so hard to be grim dark and realistic even though we're dealing with a man who can stretch his hands. Not to mention they fucked up one character's real power in this attempt to be 'realistic'.

are you actually implying ian groufuud and chris evans are better actors than miles teller and michael b jordan?

jordan and teller are very early in their careers but lol.....i think they'll be considered disappointments if they don't go further than those two. plus kate mara is alright and kebbell >>>> the nip/tuck guy

casting was never the issue. i think the problem was the director/writers.

Toby Kebbell, Reg E. Cathey, Miles Teller, Kate Mara and Michael B. Jordan are all better actors than Ioan Gruffudd and Julian McMahon.

Uncle

why would he do that?

The land now called Sokovia, used to be a kingdom, ruled by a wise monarch. The land was at peace and the populace happy. This feeling was not shared by it's neighbors, whom had disposed of their own rulers quite brutally. But this was not enough for them, and they turned their gaze to the west. Not soon after the monarch found himself fighting his own subjects, in his own land. A rebellion orchestrated by foreign agitators. The monarch was a bit too soft, for he loved his subjects dearly and eventually lost his kingdom along with his life. And so Latveria became Sokovia, a country ruled by thugs and peasants endlessly bickering and fighting amongst themselves, while the people suffer. The only thing the monarch managed to save was his offspring. Or so the story goes.

The land now called Sokovia, used to be a kingdom, ruled by a wise monarch. The land was at peace and the populace happy. This feeling was not shared by it's neighbors, whom had disposed of their own rulers quite brutally. But this was not enough for them, and they turned their gaze to the west. Not soon after the monarch found himself fighting his own subjects, in his own land. A rebellion orchestrated by foreign agitators. The monarch was a bit too soft, for he loved his subjects dearly and eventually lost his kingdom along with his life. And so Latveria became Sokovia, a country ruled by thugs and peasants endlessly bickering and fighting amongst themselves, while the people suffer. The only thing the monarch managed to save was his offspring. Or so the story goes.

... God damn. Doom is certainly a fitting paternal replacement for Magneto

Replicant

are you actually implying ian groufuud and chris evans are better actors than miles teller and michael b jordan?

jordan and teller are very early in their careers but lol.....i think they'll be considered disappointments if they don't go further than those two. plus kate mara is alright and kebbell >>>> the nip/tuck guy

Toby Kebbell, Reg E. Cathey, Miles Teller, Kate Mara and Michael B. Jordan are all better actors than Ioan Gruffudd and Julian McMahon.

If you call Miles Teller a good actor then I don't know what to say. The guy has the same expression regardless what role he plays. At least Evans' portrayal as Johnny is clearly different from his role as Cap. Only seen Jordan in Chronicle and his acting was nothing to speak of either. And let's just downplay Grouffud, a great English actor, and McMahon while ignoring Chiklis.

massoluk

Banned
I think you got something.

look at the that, greeny Doom walking down a "hall way" wow, nice set piece, you can find hallways like that in any building woooo

this movie tries too hard to show super beings in a "realistic" world

fuck that

2005 FTW

Neoxon

I never knew I wanted something this much until now.

Mahvel pls

If you call Miles Teller a good actor then I don't know what to say. The guy has the same expression regardless what role he plays. At least Evans' portrayal as Johnny is clearly different from his role as Cap. Only seen Jordan in Chronicle and his acting was nothing to speak of either. And let's just downplay Grouffud, a great English actor, and McMahon while ignoring Chiklis.

So you haven't seen Jordan in The Wire or Fruitvale Station, but you're well placed to judge his acting?

Okay.

Yeah thatpost really threw me for a loop.

Hooly shit, it sucks that this movie sucks (because there's an El-P song at the end) but Miles and Mikey are the future of acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom