• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

FootballFan

I wonder if there is any chance Messi will become restless at Barcelona? Obviously that was unthinkable with pep around but if he doesnt like the new coach I do wonder if he could do a Tevez lite kind of thing.

Don't think that will happen. And if something does happen, it wont be as bad as Tevez.

He has said countless times that he loves the club, the city, the people and wants to repay Barca for believing in him and paying for his treatment. The only way he will leave I read, is if the club thinks he isn't useful to them anymore and want to get rid of him, otherwise he will stay. But players have said many things and gone the opposite way.

LegoArmo

Zidane would have cost more than Kaka, with inflation and exchange rate changes, I reckon. Plus no one knows exactly how much the value of Ibrahimovic's transfer to Barcelona was.

MPW

Zidane would have cost more than Kaka, with inflation and exchange rate changes, I reckon. Plus no one knows exactly how much the value of Ibrahimovic's transfer to Barcelona was.

zidane was worth the money unlike kaka

i can't wait till we sell him, good riddance

Carbonox

Ashley will sell him in the summer. :(

I'm pretty sure he will have to leave the country if that happens. There is no way on earth he would be safe residing in Newcastle after such a thing. That would make anything else he's ever done look harmless. :p

Yep, adjusted for inflation Zidanes transfer is the second highest of all time at £65m.

Zlatan's was valued at £59m.

It is interesting that when adjusted for inflation, 6 of the top 10 transfer fees were between 1999-2002, well before the rich owners began to take over clubs.

Top 10 adjusted for inflation is:

1) Cristiano Ronaldo - £81m
2) Zinedine Zidane - £65m
3) Zlatan Ibrahimovic - £60m
4) Ricardo Kaka - £57m
5) Luis Figo - £55m
6) Fernando Torres - £50m
7) Hernan Crespo - £48m (This is his transfer from Parma to Lazio in 2000)
8) Gianluigi Buffon - £47m
9) Ronaldo - £45m
10) Christian Vieri - £40m

Another massive transfer people forget about is the £30m (£37m adjusted for inflation) AC Milan paid Fiorentina for Rui Costa in 2001. That was the same summer Zidane and Veron moved. Veron's deal was actually the cheapest at the time, arguably was the best of those 3 players at that particular moment too, though Zidane was clearly something special. Buffon moved that summer too.

scarybore

Can anyone on Footy GAF make me an avatar out of this pls?: http://i.imgur.com/s88ic.jpg

I need to embrace my god.

Take your pick.

ava199i0t.png
ava2sack9.png
ava319ei8.png

Fry

You're in Brazil, eh? I've learned just how much Brazilians love Noel and britpop in general from last.fm.. or just those who do are rabid on there! Seriously, I seem to see as many Brazilians as Americans or Brits on Noel's page and other related artists. I know from videos that the crowds in South America are always fucking nuts at rock shows. The gigs at River Plate are legendary.

LOL @ The Masterplan bit. Dude cracks me up.

Just read his latest tour diary entry, the bit about his wife holding up a similar sign is priceless.

Hahaha, awesome diary entry. I wish I was in that crowd. :S Must've been special. Noel is just amazing.

People around here are generally huge fan of bands like Oasis, Coldplay, etc. The concerts are always crazy when these bands come over.

The Zlatan - Barca deal was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in recent memory in regards to the transfer window. Sell your best striker in Eto'o plus 30m euros for Ibra. Looool. Eto'o must have slept with Laporta's wife or something

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Hope we win copa del rey so we can face Madrid in August, I'm watching this madrid celebration and all this talk about the end of the Barcelona era stuff is just lol

So, with Kagawa leaving is Amini expected to be part of Dortmund squad next season?

No. Plan looks like to get him loaned out to a German team if interested in the 2nd division I guess. Or in the second team if we make it first and play in the better league.

GorillaJu

I just found out Junior Seau (American football player) killed himself...

Now all of the sudden I understand how much Gary Speed's death must feel for English football fans.

I was a kid when he was a San Diego Charger... He was my absolute hero for my entire young life.

I can't take this... FUck man.. :(

spidye

barca is supposedly interested in david alaba from bayern.
don't you dare touch him barca.

edit: source= El Mundo Deportivo

faridmon

I just found out Junior Seau (American football player) killed himself...

Now all of the sudden I understand how much Gary Speed's death must feel for English football fans.

I was a kid when he was a San Diego Charger... He was my absolute hero for my entire young life.

I can't take this... FUck man.. :(

I am still hurt by Gary Speeds tragic departure. I still have my avatar :(

So are Juventus really about to achieve their own invincibles season?

has this been done before in italian football?

hopefully they don't go through a drought like arsenal

Top Bottom