• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Wessiej

Just got back from the 'crowning of the champions', it was awesome. I made a little video about this season from Ajax. It's better for Dutch people because of the text from the song but whatever, I will post it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o1qtL_C7Tk&feature=player_embedded

11725_1_1_6.jpg

Arnie

Anyone remember Kleberson for United?

City used to get some awesome players in on loan cause we had no money.

I always liked Riera, at least when he kept his mouth shut. Offered us some much needed natural width on the left and he was infinitely superior to Downing.

dc89

Van Persie at award ceremony thing tonight:

"whatever happens with me, I will always feel a Gunner"

That doesn't sound like a guy who intends to stay at Asenal.

Edit: got mixed up. Damn Twitter!

Just watched Thor and Captain America, both were alright. Probably preferred Thor to Cap :p

Cant wait to see the Avengers tomorrow; a Marvel fan's dream!

Just watched Thor and Captain America, both were alright. Probably preferred Thor to Cap :p

Cant wait to see the Avengers tomorrow; a Marvel fan's dream!
Don't let the hype get you too excited.

Van Persie on his Twitter:

"whatever happens with me, I will always feel a Gunner"

That doesn't sound like a guy who intends to stay at Asenal.
I don't think RVP has actually decided what he's going to do yet. But I think that indecisiveness alone suggests it is very possible he will look to leave. It seems like he's waiting to see how things pan out at Arsenal and I think he's looking for more than just CL football.

Kyoufu

Must win game for us. Absolute must win if we want 3rd/4th/5th.

I'm not expecting a win. I don't think we actually will get points but still, so hyped. Hurry up weekend!

Arnie

Swansea beat City... can they do the same to Man United too?!

I'd love to think so but everything changes at this stage of the season. Swansea are comfortably safe, and although they'll want to bounce back from that capitulation against Wigan I just don't think they'll be able to match the desire of United on the day.

/Mancini mindgames

elsk

Banned
I admire Fergie, but tbh this season he has lost it big time. Something is wrong when Roberto Martinez tactics are better than yours.

dc89

Don't let the hype get you too excited.

I don't think RVP has actually decided what he's going to do yet. But I think that indecisiveness alone suggests it is very possible he will look to leave. It seems like he's waiting to see how things pan out at Arsenal and I think he's looking for more than just CL football.

Well it's looking ominous now, but there is still time for Arsenal to convince him to sign. Interesting though that some people who are credible have mentioned today that he has ceased talks with Arsenal over a long term contract.

Anderson

Well thanks for depressing me DC. I can't bare to see how we do next season and debating renewing my membership, gone up another £10, greedy twats

Facism

bollocks bollocks bollocks.

Come home to see that fenerbahce lost to besiktiras. Could of gone top of the playoff group with a win :/

Guess it's really going to come down to the final game against Galatasaray.

Pretty awful financial results for Liverpool. Imagine FSG have been doing alot of work over the past few months to help rectify that.

Spent just under £50m on writing off stadium development plans. Madness. Also I thought the payment for Torres was in one direct lump-sum. Doesn't appear to be the case as the club spent over £40m net in transfers in 2010/2011.

FootballFan

Would be awesome if he went to Barca for the tears.

We talkin' about Higuain here? I'd love him at Barca, great player and underrated by his coach imo. Deserves way more game time especially considering how good he is at scoring goals..which is a strikers job, plus he is one of the few Madrid players I actually like.
Higuain + Messi are pretty good for Argentina too.
Would have been great for us this whole time Villa has been injured. :(

FootballFan

Messi, Xavi and Iniesta should also not be allowed to be on the same team. Fucking UNICEF..

On the same sorta topic..
I recently got Fifa Street, and it got me thinking, which team would actually win a 5vs5 street tournament?

Barca - Valdes - Alves - Iniesta - Xavi - Messi
Real - Casillas - Marcelo - Ozil - Ronaldo - Benzema
Milan - Abiatti - Silva - Robinho - KPB - Ibra
City - Hart - Kompany - Silva - Yaya - Aguero
etc

Choc

Banned
i'm going to make a wild prediction

we will see the transfer record broken this summer by either Barcelona or City for one player.

I think the record is 50 million pounds for zidane

FootballFan

we will see the transfer record broken this summer by either Barcelona or City for one player.

C Ronaldo is the most expensive player of all time. (80million pounds I think.. right?)

Kaka is the 2nd most expensive.

Messi though is the most expensive because he is priceless.

Empty

On the same sorta topic..
I recently got Fifa Street, and it got me thinking, which team would actually win a 5vs5 street tournament?

Barca - Valdes - Alves - Iniesta - Xavi - Messi
Real - Casillas - Marcelo - Ozil - Ronaldo - Benzema
Milan - Abiatti - Silva - Robinho - KPB - Ibra
City - Hart - Kompany - Silva - Yaya - Aguero
etc

get cantona on the phone, rent a ship and find out.

Carbonox

Alan Pardew: "He absolutely rapes him"

Just popped up on my news feed, guess given last night it seemed relevant.
(From a few years back)

Essien in his prime. But yeah I remember seeing a joke about that a couple of weeks ago regarding Essien "raping" Ched Evans in that vid and well...

wat

rodvik

C Ronaldo is the most expensive player of all time. (80million pounds I think.. right?)

Kaka is the 2nd most expensive.

Messi though is the most expensive because he is priceless.

I wonder if there is any chance Messi will become restless at Barcelona? Obviously that was unthinkable with pep around but if he doesnt like the new coach I do wonder if he could do a Tevez lite kind of thing.

PaulLFC

I'll make OT10 in about 20 minutes or so, these are the titles I have at the moment:

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears
Football Thread 2011/2012 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival and relegation time

Favourite and/or last minute suggestions?

MPW

I'll make OT10 in about 20 minutes or so, these are the titles I have at the moment:

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears
Football Thread 2011/2012 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival and relegation time

Favourite and/or last minute suggestions?

i like that one

Top Bottom