• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2015 |OT| Fully Inflated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
yea i tried to drive up on Brady and got stuck with him.

also fuck whoever King Jameis is, making me overpay.
LLShC.gif

Vyer

perhaps we should have emphasized for the new drafters how much longer auction takes. lol. Think it caught some folks off guard.

was fun. Good luck to everybody.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Lol compbros I think you did okay. You were the only person missing from GJL3 so that's pretty good!

I'm ashamed to call myself LM after that lol. Should have practiced. But I agree the auction was fun, would do it again

Lol compbros I think you did okay. You were the only person missing from GJL3 so that's pretty good!

I'm ashamed to call myself LM after that lol. Should have practiced. But I agree the auction was fun, would do it again
Y'all were lucky. Premier league had 3 no-shows

SleazyC

Had fun, even though I had to wake up at 2:40AM to take part in the draft. I think I'm a convert; auction drafts are much better than snake drafts.

If anyone is interested, here is the prices we ended up paying in GJL2 for our starters:

Draft would have been more fun if there weren't 3 no-shows. Pathetic. That should count as a game skipped in the 3 strikes you're out rule(if that even is a rule). One team got a really draft from its bot. I don't expect any of those teams to even show up and play their teams. Ridiculous.

SleazyC

Draft would have been more fun if there weren't 3 no-shows. Pathetic. That should count as a game skipped in the 3 strikes you're out rule(if that even is a rule). One team got a really draft from its bot. I don't expect any of those teams to even show up and play their teams. Ridiculous.
Definitely skewed the prices of the top-end players right at the start so was slightly frustrating but gotta roll with it.

DarkFlow

Banned

Shit happens.

Had fun, even though I had to wake up at 2:40AM to take part in the draft. I think I'm a convert; auction drafts are much better than snake drafts.

If anyone is interested, here is the prices we ended up paying in GJL2 for our starters:
Man, those prices are night and day compared to the Premier league... What lucky bastard got Jordan Matthews for $22...

Nice, someone make a chart for GJL3! Really should have done some mock auctions, took a while to get a hang of the prices and rhythm, and by then most of the top guys were gone. Made a killing in the mid tier but really wish I had spent on a top flight WR. Shame about the premier draft. Demote them suckas.

Jayhawk

Man, those prices are night and day compared to the Premier league... What lucky bastard got Jordan Matthews for $22...

That guy's team executed my strategy of front-loading with QB and 2 RB much better than I did in premier league because of the value of the WRs he got.

SleazyC

That guy's team executed my strategy of front-loading with QB and 2 RB much better than I did in premier league because of the value of the WRs he got.
The funny thing is he auto-drafted for about 75% of the draft and walked away with that team.

The funny thing is he auto-drafted for about 75% of the draft and walked away with that team.
So the bot won that? The low WR1's in general were cheap as hell in y'alls league (Jeffery went for under $30...). Jeffery/Green/Cobb/Matthews/Evans all went for $40+ in ours. And if I wasn't at work, I'd make a chart showing our prices

SleazyC

So the bot won that? The low WR1's in general were cheap as hell in y'alls league (Jeffery went for under $30...). Jeffery/Green/Cobb/Matthews/Evans all went for $40+ in ours. And if I wasn't at work, I'd make a chart showing our prices
I think the low end to midtier players going cheaper in our league is a byproduct of the top players going for so high because we had three autodrafters at the start of the draft. It might have scared some players into spending high or made some players exhaust a good chunk of their budget right off the bat.

His team is one of those where he's wrecked with an injury to Peterson or lacy because he has no bench depth at all. Like if Cooper ends up not performing, or performing on a shitty team like Sammy Watkins last year. He's going to have to do the mid-season play extremely well, and hope Vikings/GB needs their starters late in the year.

premier league's draft results
-team names got cut off, oh well
-ordered players by price when filling in slots
I like to rate everyone's teams via Footballguys to see how well everyone's teams are, and here are the ratings:

Bernie Blitz: 70/65/60/60
Miracle Water: 75/65/80/80
Straw Hat: 90/80/99/90
Only Goodell Forgives: 85/85/75/80
King Jameis: 80/75/80/85
Eli's Red Bucket: 70/60/65/70
Kap'N Crunch: 75/75/80/65
DJ Roomba: 80/75/90/85
BT Skullcrackers: 80/90/80/80
Dorito Dunk: 65/65/70/60
Michael's Default: 55/55/65/60
Fletcher: 75/75/75/75

So far it looks like Jayhawk will do work again this year

Could have done a lot better at the draft. But we'll see how it plays out. Only really concerned about Dallas' RB but they have the best O-Line in football so he has to do half decent, right?

Compbros

Yeah, the team is alright, trying to improve through waivers right now. That is really good, I popped in for a second last night, saw how much I had spent on two players, shook my head, and went back to drinking lol. Glad most people made it though.

Ugh. The one backup QB I didn't want, I got with Kapernick. I guess I'm ok with the others. Walking in downtown Atlanta doing a draft on an iPad was certainly an experience. But I had fun.

Fletcher

Fuck. Totally thought yesterday was Saturday. I would think the app would've sent me a notification when it was draft time. Fucking bummed.

I'm looking around trying to make a trade and this Yahoo! evaluator is playing defense against me. Do people actually take that seriously?

Also, Gronky's team is one strong gust of wind away from being obsolete. You have more courage than me.

Fuck. Totally thought yesterday was Saturday. I would think the app would've sent me a notification when it was draft time. Fucking bummed.
Your team actually isn't that bad compared to the other two auto draft teams. The ODB/Dez combo should keep you in it alone, or at worst trade one away for a decent WR2 and some sort of depth, because your bench is an absolute dumpster fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom