• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie - S1 OT of Kicking Ass and Taking Brains - from the creator of Veronica Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Case wasn't very interesting this week, but the overall plot took some neat turns.

I imagine Ravi won't turn into a zombie (can you imagine him with white hair and pale skin? it just wouldn't look right) and it would seem anticlimatic if he did. I imagine next episode will be Ravi freaking out over it and realizing at the end that he isn't going to turn.

Poor Major, his story just gets worse and worse. but he IS an idiot.

I'm sure the Rose McIver fans appreciated that opening scene.

I knew something was going to go wrong when Liv ate some of Lowell's food, I was expecting her to have a vision of Lowell killing the victim himself, but it makes sense he gets them from Blaine.

Looks like things are going to come to a head when Liv's brother starts working for Blaine.

kurahador

Things start escalating it seems. I feel like Major will die or turn into a zombie this season.

I wonder if Liv is the only one getting vision after eating brains.
Because if Lowell got them too, this means he's not really a good guy after all.

Hamlet

Good episode and quite the ending. Tsk tsk Lowell.
Poor Major and Ravi. Hopefully Ravi doesn't turn into a zombie. Shows already started to get stuffed with Zombies as is.
"Not cool, babe" Lol at that reaction.

I forgot, so as to not miss the opening minute of Person of Interest, I changed the channel early and missed the ending to this episode, so I come in here reading how people hope Ravi doesn't turn into a zombie... and well, I was confused to say the least.

Just saw those last three minutes. Holy shit, that ending. Looks like Lowell was getting is brain deliveries from Blaine. shit shit shit. Next week's episode is going to be intense.

wildfire

Banned
Quite a few fucked up things this episode.

Ravi's revelation he's a gaf member with that "shocking" pun.
Major's face.
Ravi getting bit making no sense considering his previous demonstration with the knife.
Liv ate Jerome.

Blackhead

Redarse
Ravi getting bit making no sense considering his previous demonstration with the knife.
Ravi trusting the chainmail gloves made no sense given that the zombie mouse chewed through 5 metal cages. That was stupid.

Those last 3 minutes was intense. This season is moving very quickly. How many episodes we got?

The cases of the week are brain dead but the different effects/personality traits used to solve them enLivens it up a bit. I do wonder how much better the show would be on Netflix with a tightly focused plot...

Hamlet

Ravi trusting the chainmail gloves made no sense given that the zombie mouse chewed through 5 metal cages. That was stupid.

Those last 3 minutes was intense. This season is moving very quickly. How many episodes we got?

The cases of the week are brain dead but the different effects/personality traits used to solve them enLivens it up a bit. I do wonder how much better the show would be on Netflix with a tightly focused plot...

Only five more to go. It's a 13 episode season.

That's a good point about the chainmail. Kind of senseless on Ravi's part.

5 more episodes to go.

Just "Livens". :p I think it's fine the way it is. It's designed this way and the format works well for it. I'm sure we could come up with a dozen what-ifs if it were on a different network, but the fact remains that CW/WB were the ones that brought this to the screen and there's no saying if any other network would have at all.
Well, to be fair, since it's based on a Vertigo comic, it would have had to be WB anyway.

Razmos

Yussss
tumblr_nkn6zpHSGg1tf7beto5_r2_250.gif

Yes! Just the news I was waiting for and awesome news to see posted. Enjoying this show immensely so super glad it has been renewed. As the article states iZombie has been receiving solid reviews and decent ratings so I suppose it's no surprise the network's green lighting a second season. Still though we all had our doubts so it's positive those fears have now been alleviated. Guess I can confidently watch the rest of season 1 knowing for definite the story will be continued in season 2.

As for the most recent episode I enjoyed it but Ravi getting zombie-bitten was truly a WTF moment. There's no way he's going to become a zombie right? I think they might just be toying with our expectations. Something will happen to prevent him turning. Maybe his cure reaches completion and he cures himself? And then we have the dilemma of whether to use the cure on Liv?

Sticking with this show until the end. Guilty pleasure of the year for me.

-Deimos

Dammit Ravi!

Dammit Lowell!

Good episode and quite the ending. Tsk tsk Lowell.
Poor Major and Ravi. Hopefully Ravi doesn't turn into a zombie. Shows already started to get stuffed with Zombies as is.
"Not cool, babe" Lol at that reaction.

"Not cool, babe" Haha yeah, what a reaction.

Joni

I don't think Ravi will turn, because it doesn't work cross-species or something. Or maybe you can only get turned if you have the soda in your blood.

zulux21

As for the most recent episode I enjoyed it but Ravi getting zombie-bitten was truly a WTF moment. There's no way he's going to become a zombie right? I think they might just be toying with our expectations. Something will happen to prevent him turning. Maybe his cure reaches completion and he cures himself? And then we have the dilemma of whether to use the cure on Liv?

Sticking with this show until the end. Guilty pleasure of the year for me.

I imagine he will avoid turning due to the rat zombism not being compatible with humans meaning any cure for the rat wouldn't work for a human as well, but merely be a step in the right direction towards a cure.

I really don't see any real dilemma with using the cure on Liv. She wants to be cured, and isn't invested enough in eating brains to save crimes at this point to not want to be cured.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I went to check this show out the other day and noticed hulu was the only place streaming it free and that their 5 episode thing meant the pilot and following ep weren't available anymore. So I would have to pay 3 bucks an ep to watch them on Amazon.

Idk... I'm not playing $6 for an hour of tv I don't even know if I'll like.

Hulu is dumb. TV companies are dumb. The prices to stream TV shows are really fuckin dumb.

Guess I have to wait for Netflix.

I went to check this show out the other day and noticed hulu was the only place streaming it free and that their 5 episode thing meant the pilot and following ep weren't available anymore. So I would have to pay 3 bucks an ep to watch them on Amazon.

Hulu is dumb. TV companies are dumb. The prices to stream TV shows are really fuckin dumb.

Try watching episode 3 to see if you like it, then go back and pay for episodes 1 and 2 if you do? I dunno.

El Topo

As someone that caved and buys the episodes on Amazon to watch them legally, I have to agree. The prices are...unfortunate. That said, try watching the third episode, the show is mostly procedural anyway.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

If you have access to someone's cable credentials you can use the horrible CW app.

That was a good episode. Fuck that ending, though.
I know, I know, gotta be the good person and not become like the enemy, but sometimes I'd just like to see a protag do what it takes to stop the bad guy even if they have to resort to killing.

KarmaCow

Uh wow, this season has ramped up fast. Well except for the case of the week stuff but that was basically an afterthought this episode.

-Deimos

Ha, I knew the virus wouldn't infect Ravi because it was a rat.

Oh yeah and shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom