• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie - S1 OT of Kicking Ass and Taking Brains - from the creator of Veronica Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Dang, should have known better than to click on this thread.
I wasn't even aware the episode had aired yet :/

ah well.

Hamlet

"Everything's coming up Blaine"
Great episode and yet again wow at that ending. RIP Lowell.
The brain supplement talk Major had with the trainer had me in stitches.

Umm...
we just saw the zombie henchmen get shot in the head and live. I'm sure there's a chance he could be alive.

Major shot him three times in the chest.

General rule of thumb for zombies, headshots kill. I think one of the purposes of the episode was to make that clear.

Also, damnit Liv. You done fucked up now.

TheDanger

Banned
I watched the first 2 episodes and while I kind of enjoyed it (Liv especially) it was also kind of boring at times, especially in episode 2, does it get better?

I watched the first 2 episodes and while I kind of enjoyed it (Liv especially) it was also kind of boring at times, especially in episode 2, does it get better?

Hmm well, the format stays the same for the most part. Things get more interesting on the main(/side?) story with Blaine. This latest episode was really ramped up, and it was only episode 9 of the season, so it can only go up from here.

I think I would watch it just to see Liv and Ravi play off each other, to be honest.

Yeah, Ravi!

Lowell...

WTF, Major?

YESSS, SEASON 2!

Yussss
tumblr_nkn6zpHSGg1tf7beto5_r2_250.gif

Rose McIver...

Pretty great episode. Kind of regret watching it blazed (had a few beers) because it was probably the most important episode yet in terms of plot progression. Regarding Liv's zombie boyfriend getting shot this show has a habit of doing something shocking at the end of an episode and then reversing it in the next one. See Ravi's zombie bite that turned out to be a false alarm when all logic pointed to him turning. I don't see them killing off Liv's major love interest just yet. He strikes me as a core character. I could be wrong of course but so far all the zombies in iZombie have been pretty much invincible. Practically immortal even. I can see him being alive in the next episode. Curious as to how the writers are going to handle it.

This is such a great show. If anyone's reading this and on the fence: watch it. It's beyond fantastic. Such a pleasant diversion.

Joni

Pretty great episode. Kind of regret watching it blazed (had a few beers) because it was probably the most important episode yet in terms of plot progression. Regarding Liv's zombie boyfriend getting shot this show has a habit of doing something shocking at the end of an episode and then reversing it in the next one. See Ravi's zombie bite that turned out to be a false alarm when all logic pointed to him turning. I don't see them killing off Liv's major love interest just yet. He strikes me as a core character. I could be wrong of course but so far all the zombies in iZombie have been pretty much invincible. Practically immortal even. I can see him being alive in the next episode. Curious as to how the writers are going to handle it.

This is such a great show. If anyone's reading this and on the fence: watch it. It's beyond fantastic. Such a pleasant diversion.

Major love interest? Temporary setback for the real couple.

Major love interest? Temporary setback for the real couple.

He's the lead on the new Omen series, unlikely he will be around.

Oh right. Perhaps I'm off the mark then. Thanks for the insight. I guess if the whole episode set up was to tell the audience zombie head shots kill then I guess Lowell's fate could be permanent. As for Liv's primary love interest in Major I get that he's the focal point there (since the first episode) but I also doubt the writers will ever cure Liv (destroying the entire premise of the show) so throughout the show's duration she can theoretically never be with him. It has been a strong theme they've indicated from the start so I presume it will continue.

Liv as a zombie has to be with a zombie right? Can she be with Major as one?

zulux21

Im surprised they killed Lowell off

Though not as surprised as Wallace being the murderer

Goddamnit Wallace

I looked at my wife as soon as they started his "I'm gonna be a better zombie" stuff near the start of the episode and said "is he gonna die this episode or next?"

Lowell was never going to stick around for a long time that just isn't how tv works. You have to set up a will they won't they (liv + Major) and during the won't parts insert distraction (lowell) but the distraction in general can't last more than half of a season because you have to end the season on another will they moment. It's just how you make formulaic romantic drama. The main character can't be in a happy relationship long term. It's to hard to write :p

that all being said it was still an enjoyable episode. Though this show still hasn't done much to sell me on it in the long term. The Blaine stuff is a nice overarching plot, but I can't see the case of the week stuff holding me over for multiple seasons. They need to build up the other stuff more (like how the flash did it) and have a nice pay off to get me excited for future seasons. Otherwise I'll just start hoping the show only goes 3 seasons or so, as that is likely all the longer they can keep brain of the week stuff interesting for.

arumisan

Trailer for the next ep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK6-rgl7eWM

And it will break my heart if Lowell is gone :( (which is extremely likely due to Bradley James' other commitment and narratively speaking, it ups the stakes as well). I am quite fond of him.

Glad that the whole zombie rat bite thing was a false alarm though. It makes sense that Ravi wouldn't turn, and it would have unbalanced the human to zombie ratio anyway.

undrtakr900

This is my first time posting in this thread and I just want to say as a huge Veronica Mars fan I'm really enjoying iZombie. What I love most is that Clive is just kool with Liv's "phychic" abilities and didn't ask any questions of how/why she has them, he just rolls with it lol.

I agree with the rest of you I was really loving the Liv/Lowell relationship and sad that it had to end, it was one of the few things that made her feel human again.

Also getting more into the overarching Blaine plot and look forward to the inevitable showdown between the two.
More Veronica Mars people

And another step close to liv VM pairing

Great episode.

I can't believe Wallace was the killer. Veronica would be so disappointed in him.
Haha its great to see other Veronica Mars fans =)

Priz

Did anyone else catch Lowell's lie to Liv in this episode?

I was convinced that he was turned by mixing Max Rager + Utopium while on their payroll and that's why they deleted the footage of him in Zombie mode in the episode he was introduced.

Liv asked and he told her in the next about getting drunk at... Vegas? bachelor party and waking up with a scratch on his leg and no idea how he got it.

In this episode he said something along the lines of "when Blaine turned me... I think he wants to jam with me... " knowing full well Blaine intentionally did it.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Lowell :(

And who knew that Blaine was such a Nirvana fanboy.

Did anyone else catch Lowell's lie to Liv in this episode?

I was convinced that he was turned by mixing Max Rager + Utopium while on their payroll and that's why they deleted the footage of him in Zombie mode in the episode he was introduced.

Liv asked and he told her in the next about getting drunk at... Vegas? bachelor party and waking up with a scratch on his leg and no idea how he got it.

In this episode he said something along the lines of "when Blaine turned me... I think he wants to jam with me... " knowing full well Blaine intentionally did it.

I'm assuming he lied about how he was turned because Blaine was blackmailing him. Once Liv knew where/how he got his brains, he came clean. Him saying that "he wants to jam with me" was his reasoning for WHY Blaine chose to turn him (or at least one of them). From what has been shown, Blaine has been very specific as to who he has turned.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Lowell :(

And who knew that Blaine was such a Nirvana fanboy.

I'm assuming he lied about how he was turned because Blaine was blackmailing him. Once Liv knew where/how he got his brains, he came clean. Him saying that "he wants to jam with me" was his reasoning for WHY Blaine chose to turn him (or at least one of them). From what has been shown, Blaine has been very specific as to who he has turned.
Except on the boat where neatly everyone turned from what I remember.

arumisan

I thought it was only Blaine, Liv and that one girl. I don't think they've found anyone else from the boat.

Yeah, from what I recall of that episode. Only those three are confirmed as turned zombies from the party. All the other zombies we've seen are zombies that are turned after that event (implied that they were turned by Blaine???)

And according to IMDB, it airs its finale on June 9.

EDIT: beaten!!

Shaanyboi

Banned
That ending was a gut-punch :( Lowell seeing the vision and understanding Liv's need to stop Blaine was a great final beat for that character. Great episode though. I don't know that Ravi is out of the woods when it comes to being zombified though... i have a feeling that's going to come back. I am glad they didn't drag out him telling her.

When the episode started, I wasn't all that into another case-of-the-week story. It just didn't feel right. They justified it at the end though with Liv attempting to kill Blaine. It all came together nicely.

And poor Major, man. Things just don't go his way.

Hey thread!
I love iZombie, but been too busy over in Flash OT.
Now that it's over(for now), this will be my new obsession
Let's nom all the brains

So the reason the Max Rager enforcer became a zombie is because he drank that bit of Liv's blood.

I really hope Blaine does not die at the end of season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom