• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie - S1 OT of Kicking Ass and Taking Brains - from the creator of Veronica Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

Great episode. Knew the hitman was going to become a zombie the instant he tasted some of Liv's blood. Still didn't stop his death from being pretty darn brutal. Now we've got a Zombie Hitman on the loose should be fun ha.
Also lots of lovely moments throughout this ep as Liv tries to deal with the grief of Lowell's death/murder and her friends helping her.

Every CW show needs a Laurel.

So I wonder how the Scott guy discovered the zombies. I'm fully expecting a secret underground zombie army to show up in the finale.

He said night, so possibly he was at the same Zombie boat party Liv was at?

-Deimos

Great episode. Knew the hitman was going to become a zombie the instant he tasted some of Liv's blood. Still didn't stop his death from being pretty darn brutal. Now we've got a Zombie Hitman on the loose should be fun ha.
Also lots of lovely moments throughout this ep as Liv tries to deal with the grief of Lowell's death/murder and her friends helping her.

He said night, so possibly he was at the same Zombie boat party Liv was at?
Hmm, gonna have to go back and watch that scene again.

Liv's gonna regret not making sure the hitman was dead.

BBboy20

This is the last show for me to watch in Tuesdays. After it's gone in 3 weeks, the months of awesome Tuesday nights will be over.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Liv not telling Major at this point was just ridiculous. I'm glad Ravi pointed it out, but I hope he ends up just letting it slip.

Razmos

drunk Liv

DRUNK LIV
"If I was drunk could I do this?"
"Probably, but not quite as good"

Just got around to watching the most recent episode, damn that was a really good one. The story is really coming together. Lots of cool little character moments like Ravi and Major's pretend lover conversation, Clive caring about Liv, and Ravi and Liv just in general.

Crazy zombie hitman on the loose, with some scary looking injuries, cool stuff.

Her finding out that her telling Major she is a Zombie was a delusion, whoa did not see that coming.

Major is going to get himself killed, idiot.

Hamlet

Good episode. The fake zombie reveal to Major completely got me ha and it was a really nice reveal also dammit. Once she realized what had happened and Major gave that kill all zombies speech to her she looked so devastated. Poor Liv.
Interesting to see that Ravi may have found a cure. Much quicker than I was expecting. Though i'm sure the show will find a way to prevent it's use.

Good episode. The fake zombie reveal to Major completely got me ha and it was a really nice reveal also dammit. Once she realized what had happened and Major gave that kill all zombies speech to her she looked so devastated. Poor Liv.
Interesting to see that Ravi may have found a cure. Much quicker than I was expecting. Though i'm sure the show will find a way to prevent it's use.

Ravi gonna die.

I know, I'd hate it too, but I can't see any other way of preventing him from perfecting the cure.

zulux21

Ravi gonna die.

I know, I'd hate it too, but I can't see any other way of preventing him from perfecting the cure.

there are multiple ways of preventing him to get a cure at this point.

1. he runs out of access to the supplies he needs and has no way to get more in order to perfect the cure. He has said a few times supplies are running low.

2. This isn't actually a long term cure but merely a temp cure and the zombie rat will be back before the end of the next episode.

3. Blaine gets the upper hand and lays down the law saying he can't research the cure anymore or he will kill him. Blaine's business has proved to be quite good for him, and at this point he likely doesn't want to be cured.

4. Liv's roommate puts ravi into a sex coma :p

Volimar

2. This isn't actually a long term cure but merely a temp cure and the zombie rat will be back before the end of the next episode.

I'm betting on it being this.

Those shorts tho...

My thoughts in bold.

Hamlet

Ravi gonna die.

I really hope not :(

1. he runs out of access to the supplies he needs and has no way to get more in order to perfect the cure. He has said a few times supplies are running low.

3. Blaine gets the upper hand and lays down the law saying he can't research the cure anymore or he will kill him. Blaine's business has proved to be quite good for him, and at this point he likely doesn't want to be cured.

Yeah I'm sorta expecting it to be a short term cure or maybe it only works for the rat but not human zombies. As they've already shown that the Zombie Rat is different to a normal zombie. Ravi finger bite.

-Deimos

I feel like such an idiot for not realizing Frost was a hallucination. I knew something was up cause the whole team up was odd, but I thought he was trying to lure Liv into a trap or something. I was really surprised at the zombie confession too, but it was too good to be true.

Something's gonna happen with Ravi for sure. I'm thinking his research gets stolen as the best case scenario.

Hamlet

Imaginary Johnny Frost was a heap of fun. I kinda hope they find a way to bring him back somehow now haha.
hAGkQtW.gif

7b7ywSO.gif

0PXfZbM.gif

Rose McIver
A little behind the scenes madness with Dazza the weatherman.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Ravi gonna die.

Ravi is my man crush on this show. He can't die he's too charming :(((

I didn't expect to like this show, but wow his show relievers every week. CW is on a roll with their shows.

El Topo

Really enjoyable episode. I'll have to correcty mself in the TV Cancellation thread: The show definitely has gotten much better.

Ravi gonna die.

Nah. Someone, presumably Major (or maybe Liv's brother who will probably work there), will be infected, they'll only have enough supplies for one cure (I think he even mentioned uranium utopium*, so they can't just stock more), so they'll cure him instead of Liv. No more cure for now, show goes on. Could also just be temporary.

*Yeah, I checked, you're right.

Volimar

Really enjoyable episode.

Nah. Someone, presumably Major (or maybe Liv's brother who will probably work there), will be infected, they'll only have enough supplies for one cure (I think he even mentioned uranium, so they can't just stock more), so they'll cure him.

He said tainted utopium, the street drug.

I kept thinking that the max rager that Liv drank was what was making her cold, like making her more human temporarily.

El Topo

He said tainted utopium, the street drug.

I kept thinking that the max rager that Liv drank was what was making her cold, like making her more human temporarily.

Utopium, uranium, unobtanium. It's all just the same. Still don't think they'll kill off Ravi. There's not enough characters on the show to just get rid of him.

neoanarch

What an episode. I say it every week but they just keep outdoing themselves.

RIP RAVI. I expect some major deathflags next episode.

anaron

dayum at that mind fuck twist.

poor Liv, poor Major, poor Lowell.

was anyone else really impressed by the devil effects? lol

ZeroFate

I'm still wondering how they managed to fool me twice in one episode. When Major came in at the end I immediately thought "No... they wouldn't..."

So with that ending we'll get Astro-Liv next week, right? They also better not touch a HAIR on Ravi's head!!

zulux21

What an episode. I say it every week but they just keep outdoing themselves.

RIP RAVI. I expect some major deathflags next episode.

I don't get why people are expecting Ravi to die, he is like the only good character on the show (and a much needed balancing force for Liv). If they kill him I will treat the series as a single season like the following and ignore that it got picked up as it just won't be worth watching without him.

Major's emotional moment with Liv pulled at the heart strings. I was in complete shock for a good five minutes when they revealed the truth at the end. The look on Liv's face as she realised was just heartbreaking. Outside of that it was an amazing and surprisingly hilarious episode. I couldn't stop laughing every time the Devil showed up. There's one part where Liv's just sitting there and the Devil is calling her shouting "Liv!" and I laughed so hard at that. So that along with probably when the weather man started dancing to the rave music.

This show can be hilarious when it wants to be. On a serious note the show's getting better because the plot's ramping up but the quality of this particular episode can't be denied; it's probably the best episode of the show so far and truly excellent television. It had laughs, tears and an amazing out of nowhere twist at the end. So ultimately still loving this show. Suppose it helps that I find Liv so adorable and alluring and therefore enjoy watching her perform. The supporting cast around her is just excellent also.

In terms of Ravi he seems like too much of a core character to be killed off. Quite popular too. I can see him sticking around for season two.

neoanarch

I don't get why people are expecting Ravi to die, he is like the only good character on the show (and a much needed balancing force for Liv). If they kill him I will treat the series as a single season like the following and ignore that it got picked up as it just won't be worth watching without him.

Just preparing myself for the worst. This show is actually pretty brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom