• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

dusk soldier (1)
acohrs 67

no lynch (2)
karkador 75
blargonaut 106 (225)
blargonaut 253

necktochicken (0)
melonrabbit 80 (215)

karkador (2)
zubz 81 (114)
isaacnukem 104
blargonaut 225 (253)
rac 378

launchpadmcq (1)
cornburrito 96

blargonaut (1)
zubz 114

kitsunelaine (1)
weemadarthur 141

fat4all (0)
fat4all 183 (183)

weemadarthur (1)
kitsunelaine 184

franconp (2)
kalor 198
dusk soldier 283

cornburrito (1)
lone_prodigy 279

lone_prodigy (1)
hey_monkey 395

Day Ends:
bla_1498338000.png

Fat4all

Banned
What do you think about this recent push against me?

It's not exactly 'recent', more kinda of stretched over the course of the early day. And it doesn't really seem to be going anywhere at the moment anyways. Fizzled a bit. If you do have enemies that want you gone on day-one, I see that push coming in the last hours of the day.

Quick, 'last-minute', 'I suppose I'll vote alone with ___' votes. Those are the ones that you gotta watch out for.

Also what do you think about Acohrs? Isn't he playing really cautious? More than he usually is?

I can't say for sure. I think they showed some decent grit in throwing threats at Zubz and getting them to back down from their gambit (along with Kark), but that was a pretty easy gambit to go against, tbh.

Maybe a bit low energy compared to previous games. But nothing that really sticks out.

It's not. The foolish masses manning that canon are only priming themselves for a misfire. Bizarre.
Cannon. Canon means something else.

So, I asked you earlier for your top scum reads. Will you be obliging?
Got the post. So it was actually fran suspecting nin. Here it is:

So, you're voting Fran for thinking nin was scummy, but you're definitely leaving your vote on Fran, because you thought Fran was saying nothing?

acohrs

thank christ, that was the limits of my french speaking prowess anyway.

Also, did we get Zubz to back down from their gambit? Don't think we have yet

Fat4all

Banned
Love is the one thing that we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space

Words are flowing out like
Endless rain into a paper cup
They slither while they pass, they slip away
Across the universe

I'm more of a Rocky Raccoon kinda guy.

Uh hmmm.

A great start of the day dare I say. I don't think I have much to speculate about today. But I am happy there are no crazy claims yet that harm town more than help.

I do think Kark is a strong town this game. His posts are interesting but I am conflicted about the no Lynch. Maybe it's just a prod.
Do you have any scum reads at this point?
... That said, we really are wasting time on what should've been a quick gambit. So yes, I read my Role. Ruin my fun, why don't you?

It is possible to add fun without messing up the whole game.

@Monkey thank you, I needed help with understanding Isaac's vote. I got confused because he SAID he was tempted to vote fran.

@Isaac what would push you to change a vote, hypothetically, during the last 24 hours?

I don't like it either. It feels within character with my limited experience of Dusk Soldier, though, meaning I don't find it necessarily indicative of alignment, but LP's bandwagon ME TOO feels very suspicious.

In fairness, LP bandwagons regardless of alignment that's just him.

But the dog pile (sorry Fat) on Fran isn't a good wholesome town look.

I didn't notice the ask about my previous experience. Well, I've played it in real life a couple times and I've done some Town of Salem. Nothing like a big forum based game that takes place over days, though, so the dynamics here are totally different.

Regarding the vote: Well, see, at the time, I didn't understand why novoting was bad. This is due to the changed meta of forum-based Mafia. As a lack of understanding there carried on, I saw Wee's response to it as bizzare and voted for him. However, now that I understand more about the meta, I understand the situation in general, but nevertheless have not been presented with much reason to change my vote yet, since a vote here is as good as a vote anywhere else from what I've seen.

I won't say you should just throw away your vote on D1 at random. Even if it is D1.

Anyone else standing out to you? Anyone giving you town vibes or scum? Tunneling on one person can limit your focus and blind you to other players.

Fat4all

Banned
The Fran build up stemming off of the surrounding 'No Lynch' debate has pretty clearly died down after recollection. A set of fresh eyes, and the optics of lynching an active/leader-esk player, most likely.

It could be a scum strategy, but honestly, the longer Fran stays involved and asks/answers questions and prods, it's a characteristic worth keeping around. Stirs the pot while keeping it free of gimmicks. It can also be helpful in building a case against them late game if they are indeed scum.

That being said, I'm pretty much neutral on Fran in general, don't see any reason to vote for them or suspect them of anything.

I won't say you should just throw away your vote on D1 at random. Even if it is D1.

Anyone else standing out to you? Anyone giving you town vibes or scum? Tunneling on one person can limit your focus and blind you to other players.

It's not necessarily at random. The original reasoning is still there; the quickness to vote for me over being hesitant to cast my lot in is suspicious. I've not seen any reason to think otherwise yet.

Cannon. Canon means something else.

So, I asked you earlier for your top scum reads. Will you be obliging?

Zut alors vous me parlez des mots similaires, moi le joueur des mots similaires? Je sais jouer avec des mots et les mots similaires et des grands mots, grands grands mots svp

gros mots, gros

It's not necessarily at random. The original reasoning is still there; the quickness to vote for me over being hesitant to cast my lot in is suspicious. I've not seen any reason to think otherwise yet.

So you're saying wee is the most suspicious player for you so far in this game over a prod vote?

While I don't much care what you do with your vote, your understanding of my vote is flawed. As I specified before, I have 3 reasons for voting you. You haven't asked what any of them are.

Here is the first:
You are new to gafia.
You need to get used to seeing your name appear in red. It helps to calm the nerves....eventually.

No impressions on anyone else?

The person not wanting to read their role PM (I forgot their name?) is really weird.

So you're saying wee is the most suspicious player for you so far in this game over a prod vote?

Over the readiness to vote for me whilst saying that novoting is suspicious without really explaining why, to a player whom is new and may not understand the meta on display. Basically, the vote is still there because I haven't been given reason to think it shouldn't be yet; and if I'm wrong, and there are reasons behind being against novoting that make sense, it's not enough to take the vote away from them at the moment.

While I don't much care what you do with your vote, your understanding of my vote is flawed. As I specified before, I have 3 reasons for voting you. You haven't asked what any of them are.

Here is the first:
You are new to gafia.
You need to get used to seeing your name appear in red. It helps to calm the nerves....eventually.

Oh, baby. I know I'm new. I expected to be gone on day one, just so I can be pleasantly surprised if I last longer. Helps set my bar low so I can overcome it. :)

Zubz

Banned
I can't say for sure. I think they showed some decent grit in throwing threats at Zubz and getting them to back down from their gambit (along with Kark), but that was a pretty easy gambit to go against, tbh.

Maybe a bit low energy compared to previous games. But nothing that really sticks out.

Acorns didn't get me to announce I read my PM here, nin did. Acorns is the one who clearly didn't check their Role PM. And my plan still might be working, but it might not be helping the town as much as I'd hoped.

It is possible to add fun without messing up the whole game.

Trust me, my a d o r i n g followers are going to have fun with this.

Glad to see some whiter voices speaking, even if they're not saying much.

Zubz

Banned
*quieter voices

I don't know why autocorrect did that. I don't even know why that word would be in my autocorrect. My autocorrect's even at the point where it automatically knew the spaces for the wide text...

*quieter voices

I don't know why autocorrect did that. I don't even know why that word would be in my autocorrect. My autocorrect's even at the point where it automatically knew the spaces for the wide text...
that was one hell of an autocorrect. I was sitting here all

giphy.gif

Oh, baby. I know I'm new. I expected to be gone on day one, just so I can be pleasantly surprised if I last longer. Helps set my bar low so I can overcome it. :)

N'ecoute pas to them blather, all they want is their "ideal" Day 1 and the sooner they get you conforming to their corporate-issued merits the worse it is for everyone, trust me

Karkador and I know what's up

Zut alors vous me parlez des mots similaires, moi le joueur des mots similaires? Je sais jouer avec des mots et les mots similaires et des grands mots, grands grands mots svp

gros mots, gros

I am perfectly willing to dig into the deepest furlongs of my vocabulary just to entertain you, my dear awesomenaut. However I only speak english and spanish. This Gros Mots word is coming out as Wholesale via google translate. Huh?

Yes, I know I mean fathoms.

Zubz

Banned
that was one hell of an autocorrect.

I know... I'm always afraid of coming off as a bigot. Not sure why since the concept of bigotry abhors me, but my heart sunk when I saw that.

But again, glad to hear from Cewyn, even if it seemed like little more than a check-in from the quietest voice.

Vote: Cewyn

Care to tell us more?

Karkador

Banned
The Great No-Lunch Debate, Part 3:

I am voting No Lynch, and I urge you to do the same. I'll explain why:

If we don't vote to lynch a player today, and instead vote No Lynch, we take away Mafia's ability to play this game reactively.

• They will have to base the decision solely on what we've seen players say in discussion. That information is more detailed than a simple vote.
  • Since there was no flip, they can't reactively use the flip's information to guide their NK.
  • They can't use the tactic of hiding in a group of voters, or splitting their votes among tied players.
  • They can't NK a target to try to cast doubt on someone else's vote.

Here's what will likely happen if we lynch a player today:

• We will very likely hit a Town player, bringing us closer to losing.
  • We will very likely create a voting shitshow near the end of the day, which will just serve to cloud the waters of what even happened today.
  • Town will generally be playing on Offense, which just makes for lots of mistakes because we're blind.

To sum it up, we disrupt the meta and slow the game timer down by No Lynching today. The flip we gain today wont have much likelihood of being scum, or telling us a lot. I would rather listen before acting.

I am perfectly willing to dig into the deepest furlongs of my vocabulary just to entertain you, my dear awesomenaut. However I only speak english and spanish. This Gros Mots word is coming out as Wholesale via google translate. Huh?

Yes, I know I mean fathoms.

It makes triple sens

Vote: Zubz
That's some typo.

Here's the thing.

My third reason for voting you is fishing. I have no intention of lynching a noob on day one, whatever their play. It's not fun for anyone, and it's bad for the community. I have been waiting until gambit-end-time to move my vote, in case some of the scum jumped on noob-lynch-train. That doesn't seem to be happening, so they must be chasing some other easy target for day one.

Kark, I don't think your logic is bad. On the contrary, I'd be inclined to agree with you depending on the situation. But in order to pull it off today, you'd probably have to get at least four people to agree with you, maybe more if votes are splitting. It seems very unlikely that this will happen, given the feelings about Lunch vs No Lunch in the GAFia meta. In light of that - and I know you know the unlikelihood of this push succeeding - in the end, how does this help town?

(yes, lunch is just more fun to say, sorry)

Notice Corn has disappeared. Doing math is easy busywork.

I have no other opinion on Fran but keep defending him and extending the discussion.

I have no opinion on Zubz. Not much of a gambit and not much of a reason to lunch him.

Top Bottom