• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MADONNA's Halftime Show |OT| Sponsored by Lady Gaga (via Akon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

shaking and crying brb!!

Can't believe you watch that :""""""") <333 Flaw-Free tbhhh

Thank god! For a second I thought I really was the only one.

It is flawlessly put together and some of the funniest shade on the net right now. Season 2 just started and is HILARIOUS.

Mumei

It is flawlessly put together and some of the funniest shade on the net right now. Season 2 just started and is HILARIOUS.

Thanks.

I was supposed to get work done, but when you mentioned that I started watching it. It's amazing. Surprisingly Fantasia-related stuff is my favorite. ""I may have taken Antwaun Cook but, he was just&#65279; married not copyrighted."

3phemeral

I think it makes sense that they chose Madonna over Gaga for the halftime show.

People gotta remember, the Super Bowl appeals to more than just the pop tweens of today. It's the most watched television event in the US for all age groups. Gaga just doesn't have that appeal yet. Not a lot of young artists do. Older artists, on the other hand, can appeal to the younger set due to their legacy while also appealing to the older crowd who grew up with them. I love when they have older acts perform. Even if I'm not checking for them,I appreciate it as a big ol' slice of Americana. Just makes you feel good.

When you think about it, the Super Bowl Halftime Show is without a doubt the largest stage an artist can perform on in the US. A packed stadium of thousands, the entire country watching. That stage really should be treated more like the tremendous honor that it is (which is why I was pissed as hell that the BEP the got the honor last year).

Madonna deserved to perform. Gaga doesn't...yet.
Well said.

Kyon

Banned

A few weeks back the episode about Brandy crashing Patty Labelle's Bridal shower had me in seizures. Especially when Mariah was like "if this party ain't good I'm gonna put these glasses on to shade the classlesss"

-NeoTB1-

The halftime show was awful. They need to get rid of anybody who decides that they're going to lip sync their performances. It's so stupid and in stark contrast to the event itself. You don't have guys out there pretending to play football.

Not only that, the random injection of LMFAO to sing a couple of lines from their overplayed garbage and Cee Lo Green showing up looking like Darth Sparkles was just all too much.

Bring back the rock and roll acts for the Super Bowl. At least they're out there performing their music and not just playing Dance Central.

Agreed. Hated it.

royalan

Thanks.

I was supposed to get work done, but when you mentioned that I started watching it. It's amazing. Surprisingly Fantasia-related stuff is my favorite. ""I may have taken Antwaun Cook but, he was just&#65279; married not copyrighted."

I KNOW, RIGHT!?

"I try to be nice to everybody! You don't see me talking about Beyonce's origami baby bump, was foldin' all types of ways..."

A few weeks back the episode about Brandy crashing Patty Labelle's Bridal shower had me in seizures. Especially when Mariah was like "if this party ain't good I'm gonna put these glasses on to shade the classlesss"

I don't know how she finds the time to compile and sync all these videos, but I'm glad she does.

"Nuh uh! What's that child's name? Blue Ibuprofen???"

Didn't she sing a line from it?

Yeah, just enough to get the Lithium prescriptions rolling.

6qkz7cqyjdm.jpg

Puddles

Banned
Yeah, bring back the rock. Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen were both way better than that. The Who not so much, but they had a good batting average with the rock acts.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

This isn't even my cup of tea, but damn I'm fucking dieing.

"returning new balances into old unstables." <-- holy shit. hahaha

Cynosure

lol I was thinking the same thing, why did I look at that pic. The cropped one was a bit jarring but ok, the full picture is just erie.

Madonna has been exposing her crotch for years.

58192ew_madonna_b-gr_02.jpg

with the same throne chair and all.

Still, I'd much have that shoved down my throat than this

Sf5wf.gif

Bruce Springsteen were both way better than that.

If there is anything worse than old people performing, it's boring old geezers.

Ploid 3.0

Madonna has been exposing her crotch for years.

http

with the same throne chair and all.

Still, I'd much have that shoved down my throat, than this

If there is anything worse than old people performing, it's boring old geezers.[/QUOTE]

The neck + crotch, makes you think of a grandma's crotch. I know she's like straining or something, causing her lines in her neck like that, but it's a horrible thought.

J-Rzez

Is there any doubt that Bon Jovi will be the half time act next year with the game being in Jersey?

I'd say it's a lock. They probably won't feature a modern artist again for a while after the black eyed peas being the shittiest half-time show ever. The backlash was epic from that, and iirc, the producer of it apologized later lol. They'll just throw them in as cameos and what not, which I'm fine with.

This wasn't too bad outside of nikki gar'bage and that other girl I never heard of before. Should've had Skee-Lo instead of Cee Lo too.

Prince was still the best overall show I think. MJ was pretty good back in the day. But this was certainly one of the better shows.

Go319

tumblr_lyyf61zafv1qcs7wto1_500.png

Madonna Announces 2012 World Tour Dates -- Her Biggest Tour Yet

February 07, 2012
By Ray Waddell, Nashville

Fresh of her halftime performance at Super Bowl XLVI (which was viewed by 114 million people) comes details of the Madonna 2012 World Tour. The trek will begin May 29 in Tel Aviv, Israel, and will be her most extensive tour ever in terms of number of dates, according to Arthur Fogel, CEO of Live Nation Global Touring, worldwide producers of the tour. The tour will take Madonna to Australia for the first time in 20 years, as well as many markets she has never played before.

Super Bowl Spurs Sales for Madonna's New (and Old) Material

This will be Madonna's fifth tour with Fogel and Live Nation, and second under her long-term multi-rights deal with the promoter. Her last tour, Sticky & Sweet in 2008-2009, grossed $408 million according to Billboard Boxscore, the highest ever for a solo artist and third-highest of all time. Prior to that, Madonna's 2006 Confessions Tour grossed $194 million, according to Boxscore, then the highest ever for a female artist.

Madonna's 'Give Me All Your Luvin' Has a Super Start at Radio

The 2012 tour will follow the release of Madonna's new album "MDNA," due March 26 on Live Nation Entertainment/Interscope Records, which creates myriad cross-promotional opportunities, according to Fogel. Having the recording and touring (not to mention merchandising and other rights) under one umbrella "gives you the freedom to line up all the different elements to sell tickets and to sell records," he says. "It's as great a set-up as you could have. If this doesn't work, I'm going into plumbing."

Madonna's Super Bowl Performance Caused 10,245 Tweets Per Second

The tour will play arenas, stadiums and unique outdoor sights, including the Plains of Abraham in Quebec. Fogel tells Billboard.biz that production for the tour is in the conceptual stages, but did say, "it will be big and can get bigger," depending on the venue.

Business Matters: Is Madonna Behind Live Nation's Stock Surge?

The tour will play 26 European markets, including London, Paris, Milan and Berlin, before hitting North American shores beginning Aug. 28 in Philadelphia. Twenty-six shows are planned for North America, including a Sept. 6 show at New York's Yankee Stadium, and an Oct. l0 performance at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Tickets are scheduled to go on sale beginning Feb. 10 in Tel Aviv and the U.K., with North American tickets going on sale beginning Feb. 13. Tickets for North America are available at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com.

Madonna will play North America until just before Thanksgiving, then head to Latin America to tour until the holidays, then wrap the tour in Australia in early 2013, Fogel says. The entire tour will end up with close to 90 shows, which would be the most ever for Madonna; Sticky & Sweet ended up with 85 dates. When all is said and done, the upcoming tour will be one of the highest-grossing treks in history, potentially giving her two tours in the top five all time. Fogel says ticket scaling will be "almost identical" to Sticky & Sweet, though venue capacities will vary.

While there are "certain variables" that come with routing a Madonna tour, Fogel says planning begins with the amount of time the artist makes available for touring and then producers using that time to maximum effect. "There's basically an established window and we need to fit into that window whatever we can that makes sense logistically," he says. "Of the shows we're doing, I'd say 25%-30% will be markets she's never played before. There's still a few left. We'll get to these markets where she's never been, some exciting new places, and get back to Australia after too long a time."

While Madonna's first headlining tour was in 1985, the upcoming run will only be her ninth. Sticky & Sweet was a monster by any measure. and included some blockbuster dates in a wide range of territories, 32 countries in all. Madonna sold 650,000 tickets in South America, 72,000 tickets at Zurich's Dübendorf Airfield-the largest attended concert ever in Switzerland-75,000 tickets in London, and four sellouts at New York's Madison Square Garden that sold 60,364 tickets. That tour wrapped where the next one begins, Tel Aviv.

As a touring artist, Madonna is relatively "fresh" compared to some artists with similar career longevity. "When I started working with her on the 2001 tour, she hadn't toured since the early '90s," Fogel points out. "The last tour was her biggest tour ever, it propelled her into the top-grossing tours of all time and was the top tour ever by a solo artist, and that was 25 years into her career. Whatever there is to be said, the facts speak for themselves: she's never been bigger, and she's a great performer with a great catalog and a great new record. She's one of those iconic legends at the top of her game."

Over the past decade, Madonna tours have moved into that elite status of the "event" tour, where the tour itself becomes a cultural touch point. And while there are other acts that are hugely popular on a global scale (Fogel works with a couple of them, including U2 and Lady GaGa) a Madonna tour remains a unique animal in terms of striking a chord with a passionate fan base and generating media coverage. "There are people out there who always want to set it up as her against other artists that have emerged, but the truth is they're all unique and great and have their space in the hearts and minds of fans," Fogel says. "I don't even think about that stuff, it's irrelevant."

In addition to her Super Bowl performance, last week also saw the release of Madonna's new single, "Give Me All Your Luvin." According to today's announcement, pre-orders for "MDNA" have already catapulted the record to No. 1 on iTunes in 51 countries, including the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Canada, Italy, Sweden and the Netherlands.

U.S. residents ordering tickets online to a U.S. performance will receive their choice of a digital or physical copy of Madonna's new MDNA album with every ticket purchased. Citi is the official credit card of U.S. leg of the tour, and Citi card members will have access to pre-sale tickets beginning Feb. 8 through Citi's Private Pass® Program.

Lifetime Legacy members of Icon, Madonna's official fan club, will receive first access to tickets and VIP Packages starting today. Registered free Icon members will have the opportunity to purchase an Icon Live Pass, which gives them access to ticket and VIP Package pre-sales. Fans can sign up for a free Icon membership at Madonna.com today.

VIP Packages will are available through VIP Nation, including premium seats, exclusive merchandise and more. For more information please visit: www.VIPNation.com

Viagogo, Europe's leading secondary ticketing company (www.viagogo.co.uk), has been named as the Official Premium and Secondary Ticketing Partner for Madonna's 2012 summer tour dates across Europe.

MADONNA 2012 WORLD TOUR ITINERARY:

EUROPE
29-May Tel Aviv, Israel Ramat Gam Stadium On Sale Feb. 10
3-Jun Abu Dhabi Yas Arena On Sale Feb. 27
7-Jun Istanbul, Turkey Turk Telecom Arena On sale soon
11-Jun Zagreb, Croatia Maksimir Stadium On Sale Feb. 17
14-Jun Milan, Italy Stadio San Siro On Sale Feb. 13
16-Jun Florence, Italy Stadio Franchi On Sale Feb. 13
20-Jun Barcelona, Spain Palau Sant Jordi On Sale Feb. 16
24-Jun Coimbra, Portugal Estadio Cidade de Coimbra On Sale Feb. 11
28-Jun Berlin, Germany O2 Arena On Sale Feb. 13
2-Jul Copenhagen, Denmark Parken Stadium On Sale Feb.
4-Jul Gothenburg, Sweden Ullevi Stadium On Sale Feb. 17
7-Jul Amsterdam,The Netherlands Ziggo Dome On Sale Feb. 11
12-Jul Brussels, Belgium Stade Roi-Baudouin On Sale Feb. 17
14-Jul Paris, France Stade De France On Sale Feb. 14
17-Jul London, UK Hyde Park On Sale Feb. 10
21-Jul Edinburgh, UK Murrayfield Stadium On Sale Feb. 10
24-Jul Dublin, Ireland Aviva Stadium On Sale Feb. 17
29-Jul Vienna, Austria Ernst-Happel-Stadion On Sale Feb. 24
1-Aug Warsaw, Poland National Stadium On Sale Feb. 17
7-Aug Moscow, Russia Olimpiski Arena On sale soon
8-Aug St. Petersburg, Russia SKK Arena On sale soon
12-Aug Helsinki, Finland Olympic Stadium On Sale Feb. 14
15-Aug Oslo, Norway Telenor Arena On Sale Feb. 20
18-Aug Zurich, Switzerland Stadion Letzigrund On Sale Feb. 24
21-Aug Nice, France Stade Charles-Erhmann On Sale Feb. 14

NORTH AMERICA
28-Aug Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center On Sale Feb. 13
30-Aug Montreal, QC Bell Centre On Sale Feb. 18
1-Sep Quebec City, QC Plains of Abraham Site On Sale Feb. 17
4-Sep Boston, MA TD Garden On Sale Feb. 13
6-Sep New York, NY Yankee Stadium On Sale Feb. 13
10-Sep Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place On Sale Feb. 13
12-Sep Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre On Sale Feb. 13
15-Sep Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall On Sale Feb. 27
19-Sep Chicago, IL United Center On Sale Feb. 13
23-Sep Washington, D.C. Verizon Center On Sale Feb. 13
29-Sep Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena On Sale Feb. 13
2-Oct Seattle, WA Key Arena On Sale Feb. 13
6-Oct San Jose, CA HP Pavilion On Sale Feb. 13
10-Oct Los Angeles, CA Staples Center On Sale Feb. 13
13-Oct Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand On Sale Feb. 27
16-Oct Phoenix, AZ US Airways Center On Sale Feb. 27
20-Oct Dallas, TX American Airlines Center On Sale Feb. 27
24-Oct Houston, TX Toyota Center On Sale Feb. 27
27-Oct New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena On Sale Mar. 5
30-Oct Kansas City, MO Sprint Center On Sale Mar. 5
1-Nov St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center On Sale Mar. 5
3-Nov St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center On Sale Feb. 27
10-Nov Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena On Sale Mar. 5
15-Nov Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena On Sale Mar. 5
17-Nov Atlanta, GA Philips Arena On Sale Mar. 5
TBC Miami, FL To Be Confirmed On Sale Soon

Kyon

Banned
Only Madonna can make her stans do this kiii. Queen of the Gays, Gaga could never as hard as she tries.

But is she wearing givenchy couture?

Wash your filthy mouth. Givenchy is Haute Couture royalty. Hubert is shaking his head in his solid gold coffin :( How dare you not capitalize it! Now make a public apology and beg for forgiveness! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom