• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Wok6q3L.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Solomon Crowe is awful, awful gimmick, awful look. I just don't know what the point of him is. Take him off TV, fix his hair, remove his tan, drop the hacker gimmick.

Maybe a more serious C-O-N-Spiracy R-Truth gimmick would suit him better.

Wait what? The Lucha Underground Temple might undergo further cutbacks? I look forward to seeing the ingenuity with which the producers will cover for the loss in an already dim budget. Will they finally introduce the legendary Aztec "Lights Out" match, contested purely in the dark? Perhaps a spectator free "For the Gods" match, filmed through an iPhone propped up next to the ring? I don't know friends, but im excited for the possibilities.

LU's production budget is huge for a non-WWE company. That's why they've lost so much money for a company that doesn't tour. If they can get a deal with Univision or Televisa then production will stay the same and new talent like Rey Mysterio comes in. If they don't then staff and talent will get cut.

Heel

LU's production budget is huge for a non-WWE company. That's why they've lost so much money for a company that doesn't tour. If they can get a deal with Univision or Televisa then production will stay the same and new talent like Rey Mysterio comes in. If they don't then staff and talent will get cut.

Dario Cueto is a savvy businessman. Ever since he was a kid, he told his father that he was going to set up his own Lucha league in America, and he was going to make it the best league in the world. Now that he's built that dream into reality, the people will come.

He was the guy that used to be in The Ascension before Viktor, WWE fired him for fighting with a police officer. He's pretty much a standard brawler, but does have some agility he doesn't show very often;

YDaXX84.gif

Man, I forgot that was even a move it's been that long since I've seen it used in the WWE. In fact... most kicks seem to have disappeared other than Kofi's.

Also...

Any WrassleGAF in the North-East who are thinking of going to Tidel's show at Riverside, or MEW's in Longbenton, let me know and I'll give you a lift. No murderers.

XenoRaven

Man, I forgot that was even a move it's been that long since I've seen it used in the WWE. In fact... most kicks seem to have disappeared other than Kofi's.

Also...

Any WrassleGAF in the North-East who are thinking of going to Tidel's show at Riverside, or MEW's in Longbenton, let me know and I'll give you a lift. No murderers.
Rusev does this kick.

Also, Sheamus has the Brogue Kick, lots of people do the super kick, and Seth does a standing enzuigiri.

Got some old British wrestling books today, 'The Mick McManus Wrestling Book' from the late 70's and 'This Grappling Game' by Kent Walton from 1968! Mick's book has a larger focus on the TV era I'm more familiar with, whereas Kent's (while an interesting look at old British wrestling) is full of names I've never heard of, or only heard spoken in revering tones. Wish more footage survived from that era, but little was saved pre-1970. Anywho, here's a great picture of a young Andre the Giant with Mick McManus;

kLUCWJf.jpg

I 'found' a British Wrestling A-Z program to watch the other day.

That one's OK if I remember rightly, but it's a little light on content - if you see it 'out and about' definitely grab the World of Sport on Men & Movies set, as that has a ton of hour long compilation episodes with 2-3 matches per show. Lots of great stuff in that one.

That one's OK if I remember rightly, but it's a little light on content - if you see it 'out and about' definitely grab the World of Sport on Men & Movies set, as that has a ton of hour long compilation episodes with 2-3 matches per show. Lots of great stuff in that one.

Yeah, I've kept an eye out for that ever since your post a few days ago.

Jamie OD

Just finished the latest Lucha Underground.
Drago nooooooooooooooooo!

Matanza being Dario's brother now makes me think the show is going to turn into a Latino "Of Mice And Men".

Boring is the worst thing a wrestler can be. You can be a terrible uncoordinated piece of shit but still be worth watching.
I don't give a shit how nice your backbreakers look Roderick Strong, go collect tickets at the door or something.

tm24

Just finished the latest Lucha Underground.
Drago nooooooooooooooooo!

Matanza being Dario's brother now makes me think the show is going to turn into a Latino "Of Mice And Men".

Oh just you wait. The novela tropes this opens up are far more hilarious

Top Bottom