• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
A shitty kickboxing match betweeen wrestlers is a marginal upgrade from LnP.

Mak you should get super drunk otherwise you won't be able to deal with.

Heel

Buakaw vs Zaripov, April 17th 2012

ibmNQVWgN3LkYX.gif

yacobod

Banned
what could i possibly add to that, the truth is sometimes better than a joke.

While he was the first to jump onto the track to help him, the man was too heavy to lift on his own, so other bystanders assisted Yamamoto in getting him off the track.

LOL

Heel

http://ego.globo.com/famosos/notici...erson-silva-em-ensaio-com-izabel-goulart.html

Brazil's "Istoé Gente" magazine this week met with Anderson Silva and Brazilian model Izabel Goular, one of Victoria's Secret Angels. The publication found that the two have more in common than perfect human forms.

"I like to look after myself," said Silva. "I'm kinda metrosexual. I like Victoria's Secret cream. I do my eyebrows from time to time.

"I also wax. It has nothing to do with fighting."

Oh word?

yacobod

Banned
hidden on Grantland today was a piece by Meltzer for all you Reem-tards. Link to the story here.

Dave Meltzer said:
Without a PED controversy, Overeem would be the perfect superstar for the sport that desperately needs one. The 6-foot-5, 256-pound fighter is a promoter's dream. He's the biggest and most muscular player in the sport; with his small waist, bowling-ball deltoids, and balloon biceps, he looks like everyone's fantasy of a heavyweight champion fighter. But he also has rare charisma and a confidence — some would say arrogance — that inspires both fanatical devotion and hatred.

Which is why most serious fans think that if Overeem is allowed to take down dos Santos it could be nothing short of an abject disaster.

From 1999 to 2006, Overeem had a 10-8 record in Japanese competition, fighting at 205 pounds. The popular claim is that he had to starve to make weight, but in 2007, when he beat Paul Buentello, he had moved up to the heavyweight class and weighed in at 224 pounds. By 2010, he was fighting at 262 pounds, having gained 38 pounds of muscle in three years with no added body fat. No fighter has ever gained that amount of pure muscle in such a short period of time, nor has any fighter moved up a weight class, let alone gained nearly 60 pounds of fighting weight. Eyebrows were immediately raised.

But Overeem has not been replaced in the main event — and speculation is rampant around the industry that Nevada will license him. Those close to the situation have said that Overeem, who has refused all interviews on the subject, will use what is now known as the "TRT" defense. That is, he will have a doctor say that his body is not producing enough testosterone, and thus he has a prescription for the testosterone the test detected. The subject has been a hot-button issue since late 2010, when Chael Sonnen, the no. 1 middleweight contender, failed a similar testosterone test in a championship fight that he lost to Anderson Silva and claimed artificial testosterone was necessary for him to function because of acute hypogonadism.

Yet, through all of this, both Overeem and dos Santos are talking as if the fight is a given.

"If the fight happens, I will fight with pleasure," dos Santos told Globo.com recently in Brazil. "The ratio of testosterone in his body may increase by 30% his strength and aggressiveness, I was told by people who know the subject. It will really be an unfair fight, but as a fighter, I will be ready to face anyone."

Of course, dos Santos is right: Facing someone in MMA on steroids is very different than in other sports. It's one thing when using performance enhancers helps you lift more weights, run faster, or a hit a home run that would otherwise be a fly ball caught in deep center. It's another when it enables a fist to hit a face with far greater power and more easily knock an opponent unconscious. And that's why, if Overeem is allowed to fight, as so many have speculated inside the industry, the biggest black eye won't be on dos Santos, but on the sport itself.

bone_and_sinew

hidden on Grantland today was a piece by Meltzer for all you Reem-tards. Link to the story here.
Oh shit Meltzer is on Grantland now? Could do us a favor and post any future articles? I refuse to go to Grantland anymore since it's nothing but TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN TEBOW, LIN.

Fuck this shit. I want the Roid Era of sports. No one will ever want to go back once they realize how boss everything would be if all these guys could openly use.

bone_and_sinew

Yeah, no false indignation here. I'd prefer everyone using openly over the charade we have now. It would be incredible.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this shit. I want the Roid Era of sports. No one will ever want to go back once they realize how boss everything would be if all these guys could openly use.

Pride_Logo.jpg

Never die.

I'd prefer an open use policy simply because it'd be more honest. If a fighter is going to use, they're going to use. The sooner people stop pretending the sooner work can start on fixing MMA's actual problems like judging, refereeing, t-shirt designs and a terrible dearth of public speaking ability.

Heel

FRIDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Bellator 66

Pre televised fights start at 4:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM ET, free on Spike.com and Bellator.com
Televised fights start at 5:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET on MTV 2, HD on Epix
Post televised fights start at 7:00 PM PT / 10:00 PM ET, free on Spike.com and Bellator.com

The Ultimate Fighter Live

Starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on FX

SATURDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans - OFFICIAL THREAD

Early prelims start at 3:30 PM PT / 6:30 PM ET, free on Facebook.com
Late prelims start at 5:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET on FX
Man card starts at at 7:00 PM PT / 10:00 PM ET on Pay-Per-View

SUNDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

The Ultimate Fighter Brazil

Archive available at ~9:00 PM PT / 12:00 AM ET, free on TUF.tv

T/E doesn't mean he has low T. And the media is wrong about what it means. The reason Nevada allows 6:1 is because an athletes can have around 5.25:1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epitestosterone

Also, you can't test use a piss test to find a proper T-level. You need a blood sample. You can also have a normal T level but have a T/E level above 1:1. Especially if you workout a lot.

yacobod

Banned
I agree and I'm glad I could bring that video to you and the rest of my good friends in UFC-GAF.

In your opinion, what is the best part of the video?

A. That it was on an Official UFC television show/outlet.
B. The person defending Overeem happens to be a guy who was suspended for having a similarly elevated T/E ratio.
C. That the UFC is openly greasing the wheels for Overeem getting a free pass.
D. All of the above.

dream

It's a great game, sien - especially if you like platformers, jazz music, or blackface.

yaco, my good friend: C is the funniest to me because they're not even trying to put on the pretense of caring about drug testing anymore.

yacobod

Banned
turrible night for chicago sports fan, hawks lose again in overtime, and the heat are thugging it up against the soft ass bulls. thibs needs to channel his inner kobra kai

Heel

It's a great game, sien - especially if you like platformers, jazz music, or blackface.

yaco, my good friend: C is the funniest to me because they're not even trying to put on the pretense of caring about drug testing anymore.

Haha, I've been shying away from games with virtual buttons but I like the theme.

Top Bottom