• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama Futari 360 Thread of Region and Panties-Free Golden Explosion Shooting

Kron

Banned
Its a shame that the Cave Online edition with the 2 faceplate stickers isn't available anywhere else, I've ordered the Limited Edition though.

Edit- In case anyone missed it Play-Asia put the Limited Edition up for sale a few hours ago and I've put a link at the end of the previous page. After the Death Smiles mess up it might be worth ordering quicksmart as it sold out very quickly and the dispatch was very messy for people like me who ordered it late.

Yes Boss!

Kron said:
Edit- In case anyone missed it Play-Asia put the Limited Edition up for sale a few hours ago and I've put a link at the end of the previous page. After the Death Smiles mess up it might be worth ordering quicksmart as it sold out very quickly and the dispatch was very messy for people like me who ordered it late.

Thanks for the link. I placed a back-up LE order at PA in case NCS does not come through or if there are similar shenanigans to what happened before.

Gattsu25

Banned
3990470910_c7310bd06a.jpg

Badly rendered H-game?

LiK

Quixzlizx said:
What's the deal with the DLC code that comes with the LE? Will I have to create a JPN gamer tag to use it?

probably, the JPN marketplace is different. you can find tutorials on youtube to make a JPN account. pretty easy.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

With the $150 repair cost for my PS3, I might not be able to afford this day one any more.

WTS sexual favors PST

simtmb

I've had my pre-order for the LE placed at NCSX for awhile now, done early September. Hopefully it all goes fine on that front :lol My first order at that site. *Please no mess up

Now I'm just thinking about getting a stick for my 360, but my buying habits just won't let me! :( Looks like I'll be stuck with a PAD, though i might get a cheapy stick for it in the future. (If you guys don't mind asking, any cheap arcade stick recommendations (stock hori's etc)). Thanks! :D

RS4- said:
I think Adverse should find one of those faceplates and mail it to his SRK pal right here :D

Actually I'm pretty sure some scans will surface of them. They're only stickers, so technically you could print it out, cut it and put it on your 360. I'll hit you up if someone scans them.

I better see you high on my friends leaderboard for this one man ;)

BTW, if you can tate your monitor, you're going to want to for this one.

vulva

Just ordered a copy from play-asia. I'm pretty excited, this was my first time ever ordering something online as well. =))

RS4-

adversesolutions said:
Actually I'm pretty sure some scans will surface of them. They're only stickers, so technically you could print it out, cut it and put it on your 360. I'll hit you up if someone scans them.

I better see you high on my friends leaderboard for this one man ;)

BTW, if you can tate your monitor, you're going to want to for this one.

Yeah man for sure, as long as I don't kill myself from all the insane stuff going on in game.

I may have to bootleg some sort of stand just to have my monitor sideways.

So this game got an 8876 from Famitsu 360. Not to be redundant, but the 6 and the 7 predictably complained about difficulty. : / Then the review itself has a picture of EspGaluda II instead of Futari showing how much they actually cared...sigh.

It's a shame too because there's a good feature in the issue about Futari which explains the new arrange mode and the scoring in the main modes.

Producer Makoto Asada is on record in an interview in the same issue claiming that thanks to M2, the slowdown in Arcade/360 mode is exactly the same as the arcade version. This is probably accurate given how well M2 did the Sega Ages ports, so thank heaven we won't be dying to random bullet cloud speed-ups.

Tain

adversesolutions said:
So this game got an 8876 from Famitsu 360. Not to be redundant, but the 6 and the 7 predictably complained about difficulty. : / Then the review itself has a picture of EspGaluda II instead of Futari showing how much they actually cared...sigh.

It's a shame too because there's a good feature in the issue about Futari which explains the new arrange mode and the scoring in the main modes.

Producer Makoto Asada is on record in an interview in the same issue claiming that thanks to M2, the slowdown in Arcade/360 mode is exactly the same as the arcade version. This is probably accurate given how well M2 did the Sega Ages ports, so thank heaven we won't be dying to random bullet cloud speed-ups.

fuck yeah M2

Really, that's all I've got to contribute. Bring it on.

manzo

dreamcastmaster said:
Is this worth buying for a casual shooter fan?

Yes. This will be the best shooter on 360, bar none. Mushifutari might be the best shooter currently in arcades period.

adversesolutions said:

Hmm, that score is disappointing, but I don't think any of us big shmup fans who are eager for any and all home console ports will end up cancelling out preorders :) I won't be anyway :p

Ok, we are t-minus 10 days from Panties-free Golden Explosions kids.

Summarizing some of the news that has come out about the port:

First off, the Black Label DLC will be out before the end of the year. I am a huge Black Label fan, so I really advise people to pick up some J XBOX live points with your Futari order.

You can see the game in action if you are connected to Japanese Xbox LIVE, there's a feature interview with Asada featuring Arrange Ultra gameplay which just looks like retarded fun. He mentions that they were really hype to make the Arrange mode but were short of people, so he pulled people off the EspGaluda 2 port and put them on Futari to finish the arrange mode :lol. Lol, poor Esp 2, that's what you get for having a complex scoring system.

Info on the arrange mode:

"In Arrange, your secondary character forms a barrier for you. While using shot, enemy bullets will be slowed and paused, and when firing laser the stopped bullets will bounce back and lots of gems will be generated. What's important here are the 4-digit numbers at the bottom of the screen. When your control character is using shot, this will increase, and when the control character uses laser it will quickly drop. However, if your reserve character gets hit by a bullet, the counter of the control character will drop. Your reserve character's counter will not drop and will go on increasing, so a precise switching of both characters is required. When both gauges are at 9999, you enter fever mode in which you are much more powerful and your score increases greatly."

EOJ @ Cave-stg.com summarizes more info on the arrange mode:

"-There is a button to switch characters (defaults to X). You also switch between 'OS' and 'DS' when you switch characters (see below).
-the counter on the bottom left is called the 'offense' counter, on the 'offense side' (OS). It increases as you absorb all gems except the blue-hued ones
-the counter on the bottom right is called the 'defense' counter, on the 'defense side' (DS). It increases as you absorb bullets with your option. It decreases when bullets hit the option's hitbox or when you reflect bullets back at the enemy.
-Hold shot while on the DS and your option moves as a trace.
-Hold laser while on the DS and your option is fixed in place.
-While using shot on the DS your option forms a barrier (or 'guard') which you can use to absorb bullets. It also slows the speed of bullets.
-You can absorb bullets as long as your DS counter is not at zero.
-To reflect bullets back you have to be on the DS and have a counter that is not zero. Absorb bullets while holding shot then press laser to reflect them back in the form of gems (the bullets never do any damage to the enemy and are always reflected back as gems for you to absorb). The longer you hold the guard before you press laser, the more gems you'll spawn.

One observation: the whole DS barrier thing is similar to Ibara Kuro's XTC sphere - and they both have counters that go up to 9999 as you let bullets into the sphere/barrier."

Quixzlizx

adversesolutions said:
Ok, we are t-minus 10 days from Panties-free Golden Explosions kids.

Summarizing some of the news that has come out about the port:

First off, the Black Label DLC will be out before the end of the year. I am a huge Black Label fan, so I really advise people to pick up some J XBOX live points with your Futari order.

How many points is it going to be?

RagolSlayer

Neo Member
Bah, this + Tokimeki 4 is going to make my wallet very, very unhappy in the next couple of weeks. >_<

and yet I have this huge ass grin on my face

Llyranor

I'm trying to make sense of the Arrange mode. This is what my understanding is so far:

- you switch between characters with X

- your main has a shot and a laser; what's the diff btw these? spread vs straight line?
- shot increase your offensive counter, laser decreases it
- secondary char being hit decreases offensive counter?

- secondary char = shot slows bullets (increase counter), laser shots them back and converts into gems (decrease counter); what do the gems do? increase offensive counter?
- getting hit decreases your counter --> does this mean offensive or defensive counter? the two quotes seem to indicate different things, or I'm confused
- if holding shot, 2nd char follows you; if laser, stays in place

Any corrections?

Ordered 2 copies of the game yesterday. Friend and I are hoping the region free thing isn't some elaborate hoax or something. :lol

At least I get my Mushi fix again after 4 years of waiting.

I'm that friend :lol

I told him over dinner "man, what if it turns out this was all just misinformation and it's really not region free?"

I really hope it's not, now I got myself worried :lol

At least the wait wont be as bad, last time we preordered 6 months in advance...

Llyranor said:
I'm trying to make sense of the Arrange mode. This is what my understanding is so far:

- you switch between characters with X

- your main has a shot and a laser; what's the diff btw these? spread vs straight line?
- shot increase your offensive counter, laser decreases it
- secondary char being hit decreases offensive counter?

- secondary char = shot slows bullets (increase counter), laser shots them back and converts into gems (decrease counter); what do the gems do? increase offensive counter?
- getting hit decreases your counter --> does this mean offensive or defensive counter? the two quotes seem to indicate different things, or I'm confused
- if holding shot, 2nd char follows you; if laser, stays in place

Any corrections?

I believe getting hit will decrease both counters.

I just re-watched the Mushi PV on 360 Live to try to find some answers for you and honestly it's just too damn chaotic to tell at the moment :lol

ghibli99

Can't wait, and preordered a while ago. I opted for the economy bubble, though, so I'll probably be waiting until mid-December for mine. :p Still, this is my most anticipated game of November and probably the remainder of the year.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
U K Narayan said:
My penis quakes in anticipation. This is the first Cave shooter I've ever purchased. I really need to get the PS2 releases. Someday.
No Donpachi?

And I can't justifiy importing, because IMO the "measure overseas interest in their games" means they will localize it. And if they don't after a year, I'll jut buy a copy.

danmaku

hikarutilmitt said:
Ordered 2 copies of the game yesterday. Friend and I are hoping the region free thing isn't some elaborate hoax or something. :lol

A friend of mine cancelled his preorder because he's worried that the game will be "region free" just like BlazBlue (only for NTSC regions). When I'll get the game I'll try it on a PAL 360 just to be sure he buys his copy! :D

Arrange Mode seems really chaotic, but maybe it's simpler to play then to explain. Even Espgaluda is like that, after all.

andymcc

Banned
you know, with thanksgiving and black friday both negating a day in which mail moves and potentially slowing down courier delivery times, i wonder when ncs will actually receive the game.

Yes Boss!

andymcc said:
you know, with thanksgiving and black friday both negating a day in which mail moves and potentially slowing down courier delivery times, i wonder when ncs will actually receive the game.

:-(

Don't remind me.

andymcc said:

Yeah, I chose the cheap bubble envelope option which takes around a week to get to me usually, but with the way the UK post is at the minute, it'll be even longer :(

andymcc

Banned
JustAnotherOtaku said:
Yeah, I chose the cheap bubble envelope option which takes around a week to get to me usually, but with the way the UK post is at the minute, it'll be even longer :(

that sucks dude.. : (

hopefully, ncs will ship it on wednesday, if not it'll be black friday. but that's actually ok, because i put it on priority mail, and that takes a day to get to me from ncs. so, maybe i'll have it next saturday. :lol

dallow_bg said:
Is the bundled DLC something that will be released on it's own later for points?

I would hope so, but there hasn't been any word on it. You're talking about 1.01 right?

Actually, Mushi's 360 DLC page is pretty weak at the moment. I want Mushi icons!

Top Bottom