• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama Futari 360 Thread of Region and Panties-Free Golden Explosion Shooting

PepsimanVsJoe said:
When ESPGaluda 2 goes up for preorder I'm going to make sure to order from NCSX.

Fuck play-asia. =/

Pretty much this. It used ot be in the past that ordering from PA cost the same after shipping, maybe a bit cheaper, but if EMS is going to be this goddamned slow now I won't bother and will just order form NCSX from now on.

Mr Jared

epmode said:
So will the included DLC card work with a US account or will I have to make a silver Japanese account?

It worked just fine on my US account. Which is great, because sometime in the past few months, Microsoft banned my Japanese account :lol

Oh, what's up with the Black Label DLC? Is it not out yet? Because when I select it, a Marketplace window pops up but there's nothing to get.

robot

Llyranor said:
I absolutely love both 360 Raidens, and this is easily becoming my favorite shmup this year. The bullet patterns are really enjoyable. If you're a huge fan of shmups, this is easily worth the full price of admission (certainly already justified itself for me!) - and it's not like it'll ever drop lower in price, anyhow.

Here's what an average run of level 1 would look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDeA715WdiA (though I think lvl 1 is pretty easy - even I can clear it without dying! later missions are much much harder)

2009 is the year of the shmup!

Thanks, gonna throw it on the ol' christmas list.

Kafel said:
So what coming shmup are going to be region free as well ?

Pretty sure Cave said Mushi Futari is a test and if there's enough interest outside Japan, they will consider making their future releases region free.

Yes Boss!

Mr Jared said:
I
Oh, what's up with the Black Label DLC? Is it not out yet? Because when I select it, a Marketplace window pops up but there's nothing to get.

Not out yet. Sometime in December or by the end of the year. Then you will be able to buy it directly from in-game (provided you are signed in with a Japanese profile) or from the J-Marketplace. Get your points ready!

RagolSlayer

Neo Member
Koopakiller said:
What's the Black Label DLC? New levels?

Copied from Wikipedia:

* Stages 3 and 5 have a darker color palette.
* No shot type selection. The resulting shot type is a mixture of Normal and Abnormal modes from previous games, and is much more powerful than in other versions.
* Scoring system changes. The score system for close range attacks is changed. Multipliers in Maniac and God mode now carry over between stages. Gold gems are far more abundant in all modes, allowing for much larger scores.
* God (極弩) mode. Replacing the Ultra mode, it uses a slightly modified Maniac mode score system, and preserves the bullet density of the replaced mode, but with new enemy arrangements and barrages.
* A new True Last Boss, Spiritual Larsa. She can only be reached by completing God mode without dying.

Also there's some more detailed info about it on CAVE-STG: http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=15.0

Daigoro

cmon Air Economy bubble thingy! seeing you guys on my friend list playing is killing me.

new HRAP on the way too. im going to be in shmup heaven in a few days here.

enjoy guys. be back in a few days to talk more about the game.

Dwayne

Mine arrived :) FEDEX was quick.

Why does it have to be sealed? I don't want to be pathetic but the idea of keeping it sealed is appealing :/ Must... break.... seal!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
For whatever reason, I'm totally in love with Ultra mode. Totally.

Yes, my copy arrived in the UK - thank you EMS, now I just have to hope Royal Mail don't take a freaking age to deliver it to move it the hundred miles or so to my house. Don't fail me now Royal Mail!!

Xabora

andymcc said:
goddamnit play-asia. i'm never pre-ordering anything from here again. :lol
I only order stuff from Play-Asia if I cant find it at a local importer.
Which also makes shipping far far cheaper. :D

Damn I wish I'd thought to try the DLC code on my US account.

Game finally clicked with me tonight. My first game went really smoothly. I had no clue what I was doing yet managed to earn an extend! Almost cleared stage 3! But it was all downhill from there. I couldn't resist the temptation to read up on the scoring system, which lead to me over thinking things while playing, which lead to me dying constantly. I've got it down now though! No longer need to keep a close eye on the counter to know when to switch shots, which is a big breakthrough for me. Wasn't sure I'd be able to get a feel for it! But now that I have I am really enjoying the scoring system. This game is awesome.

The port's absolutely amazing too. At first I was bummed cuz there didn't seem to be any way to adjust the intensity of the scanlines but then I discovered the submenus have submenus! Hardcore! I love M2 so much. Now I hope they're working on the Espgaluda 2 port too.

andymcc

Banned
Xabora said:
I only order stuff from Play-Asia if I cant find it at a local importer.
Which also makes shipping far far cheaper. :D

i usually order from ncs only, but they originally said they weren't getting the game till friday, and people on shmups and gaf both said they already had copies being shipped from play-asia, i switched just to get it sooner and it really bit me in the ass. :lol

simtmb

YES! My LE order just shipped by NCSX.

Now, to remember that i live in Australia. *Damnit...

Dwayne said:
Mine arrived :) FEDEX was quick.

Why does it have to be sealed? I don't want to be pathetic but the idea of keeping it sealed is appealing :/ Must... break.... seal!

Hahaha, i don't know if i can hold out when my LE comes. But i guess this one game will be my exception, only because i plan to buy another copy for support, so i guess that copy will be the SE, and the one i play. :D

Unfortunately though, I'll be playing with the crappy 360 D-Pad. But i am having a HRAP EX-SE brought over by a relative coming down from US soon though ;) Can't wait!!!

epmode

Mr Jared said:
It worked just fine on my US account. Which is great, because sometime in the past few months, Microsoft banned my Japanese account :lol

I'm confused. I thought the included DLC card allowed you to download the Black Label DLC.

edit: I see now. The card gets version 1.01 of Futari. So the Black Label stuff will be separate. And if I had to guess, I'd say the Black Label release won't be downloadable with a US account at all.

So it seems that if you're interested in grabbing all of the DLC, your best bet is to tie it all in to a single Japanese account to head off any future DRM issues.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Does someone have a list of the secret achievements? I've gotten a couple, but I'm curious about the rest.

andymcc said:
goddamnit play-asia. i'm never pre-ordering anything from here again. :lol

I've never ever had an issue with Play Asia, except with ordering US games to Japan.

andymcc

Banned
thetrin said:
I've never ever had an issue with Play Asia, except with ordering US games to Japan.

to be fair, i haven't either, but i never pre-order games from there. whenever i order stuff that's in stock, it's always ok. from what i've read on here and on shmups forum, they not only didn't have enough to supply pre-orders for the regular edition of futari, but, additionally, they raised the price of it when they confirmed it was region free. :lol

Yes Boss!

thetrin said:
For whatever reason, I'm totally in love with Ultra mode. Totally.

That be some crazy masochist shit. I tried it and barely made it through a third of the first level on my three lives. Did watch some replays. Crazy amount of skills.

Btw, I'm loving the Novice Score Attack at the three modes. Totally fun. Be sure to try it.

JEKKI

man this game is stressful...

only coz I read the scoring mechanics.

now Im trying to pay attention to the counter and adjust my shots accordingly... all this thinking is getting me killed more than getting me points o_O

IIRC, changing shot types up is only really important if you plan to survive the level, because your overall counter keeps growing and growing as you go through the game, but your stage counter resets every stage. Once the stage counter reaches max, that's when you start getting the most points, so it's important to make it to the end of the stage without dying.

But don't quote me, I just try not to die until stage 4.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Did anyone else have bugs with the achievements? I finished original mode with both Reco and Palm but didn't get the achievements associated with Palm.

Mr Jared

Augh. I keep bombing out during the last half of Stage 3. The rest of the game is a relative cakewalk, but for some reason, I wind up losing a life or two in Stage 3. I downloaded some replays to see what other players are doing and its helped quite a bit, so now I think I've got a mental hurdle to leap over before I can 1CC it :(

Yes Boss!

Btw,

I'm going to have an extra 1.01 DLC code next week when I get my second copy from NCS. I'd like to give it away to somebody who preordered and did not get it. Did anybody get the game and no code?

Curious about the shot switch...are seasoned folks using the counter to see or are they familiar with the rhythm of the levels that they switch when they see the crystals change? And are they mapping the shots to different buttons. I've been using three buttons so far.

thetrin

Um, I got 100mil points in Maniac Arrange, but didn't get the achievement. Am I missing something? Do I have to finish the game with 100mil?

abq

thetrin said:
Um, I got 100mil points in Maniac Arrange, but didn't get the achievement. Am I missing something? Do I have to finish the game with 100mil?
Because of its different scoring system, Arrange probably doesn't count for anything other than the Arrange-specific achievements.

Gong

Yes Boss! said:
Btw,

I'm going to have an extra 1.01 DLC code next week when I get my second copy from NCS. I'd like to give it away to somebody who preordered and did not get it. Did anybody get the game and no code?

I`d love to have that spare code if nobody else has claimed it, Play-Asia shipped mine without the DLC card :-(

Jonnyram

thetrin said:
Pretty sure it doesn't unlock in Arrange mode - most of the stuff doesn't.

Yes Boss!

HyperMusic said:
I`d love to have that spare code if nobody else has claimed it, Play-Asia shipped mine without the DLC card :-(

Really? You actually got your copy in with no code? My Play-asia came with a code. If yours didn't then my extra will be yours. I should have it on Thursday. Let me know if you want it.

thetrin

Jonnyram said:
Pretty sure it doesn't unlock in Arrange mode - most of the stuff doesn't.

Huh. Didn't realize that.

abq said:
Because of its different scoring system, Arrange probably doesn't count for anything other than the Arrange-specific achievements.

That makes sense.

Gong

Yes Boss! said:
Really? You actually got your copy in with no code? My Play-asia came with a code. If yours didn't then my extra will be yours. I should have it on Thursday. Let me know if you want it.

I`m afraid so, It seems I`m not the only one as well. Shmups/Cave-STG are both reporting people in a similar situation to myself. I do appreciate you keeping the code for me, many thanks :)

abq

Put some hours into this today. I think I got most of the easier achievements out of the way so I finally can concentrate on 1cc'ing the arcade modes. Not sure what I think of Arrange mode. It might sound interesting in theory, but I found myself just standing still keeping an eye on bottom counters. Novice mode might have been a good beginner's mode if it wasn't for the auto-bombing.

C'mon gaf, share us your scores so we can follow
and make fun of
each other's progress.

-=Original=-
adversity1 - Arcade - Original - Normal - Palm - S5Boss - 203,483,551

-=Maniac=-

-=Ultra=-

-=Arrange Original=-
abq - Arrange - Original - Normal - Reco - ALL - 1,138,199,177

-=Arrange Maniac=-
abq - Arrange - Maniac - Normal - Palm - ALL - 980,953,779

-=Arrange Ultra=-
abq - Arrange - Ultra - Normal - Palm - ALL - 1,739,016,697
adversity1 - Arrange - Ultra - Normal - Reco - ALL - 1,447,654,660

Yes Boss!

HyperMusic said:
I`m afraid so, It seems I`m not the only one as well. Shmups/Cave-STG are both reporting people in a similar situation to myself. I do appreciate you keeping the code for me, many thanks :)

It is yours. I'll PM you thursday night with the code. Glad I could help somebody out.

(Also, let me know if you want me to send the download card. I'd rather just send the card to you, no cost on your end. PM me a snail mail address if possible...any country and i'll ship it, I'll cover the cost).

Woohoo, just got my copy an hour or so ago - tried my hand at Original and managed quite well up until level 3, then I had a quick go on Novice which unsuprisingly is ridiculousley easy to 1cc, then I played a credit on Ultra which did not last very long at all.

Game seems amazing so far, can't wait to get practicing on original, although I think I need to read up on the scoring system as by judging from the scores you guys posted above i'm doing somthing wrong :lol

Yes Boss!

As always, I'm trying to add folks with the game to my friends list. I like to see what everyone is playing. I've got some of you already. Don't worry, i won't pester anybody with messages, etc.

Gamertag: Nanaqupina

Send a friend request and I'll add you.

screenshot_03-2.jpg

Also,

The DLC for 1.01 is earmarked for HyperMusic. He/She emailed me interest so I'll be passing it along to him.

Yes Boss! said:
Btw,

Curious about the shot switch...are seasoned folks using the counter to see or are they familiar with the rhythm of the levels that they switch when they see the crystals change? And are they mapping the shots to different buttons. I've been using three buttons so far.

I periodically have to look at the counters. After awhile it becomes rather second nature though. Aim to get 6500+ by the end of stage 1, and then 16,000+ by the end of stage 2. Once you can do that, start working on the other stages.

I'm not sure I understood how to unlock the version 1.01 of the game. I can't find the ingame option to redeem the code (I also loaded the game while logged in my japanese account). Looking on the istruction manual, I saw a screen of the main menu where you can select "version 1.01", but it doesn't show to me...
Can anyone please give me an hand?

Dazzyman

If any guys want to do a score attack you can add my tag np (Dazzyman) just tell us your from GAF.

Not booting it till xmas day though but after that will be all over it (got Raiden IV, RFA, DDPDJ, Shiggy 3, Deathsmiles and all the other shmups on JPN 360).

If your worried about account tying and you have two pads just assign your JPN account to one pad and you wont get a problem :D

For guys in USA that this is their first shmup you really want to get yourselfs RFA (raiden fighters aces) and Raiden IV. For us dirty pal guys erm get this cas where fecked on em releasing rest in pal land or get a JPN 360 lol.

1.1 is a code you get in the first print of the game. Its on a seperate card (looks abit like a telephone card) with artwork on it and a strip you pull away. Certain peeps didnt get theirs from Play Asia. If you got it it will be inside the sealed game box not loose like some of em are.

Psymon_Stark said:
I'm not sure I understood how to unlock the version 1.01 of the game. I can't find the ingame option to redeem the code (I also loaded the game while logged in my japanese account). Looking on the istruction manual, I saw a screen of the main menu where you can select "version 1.01", but it doesn't show to me...
Can anyone please give me an hand?

You have to log into your Japanese account then bring up the guide and scroll all the way to the left iirc - there should be an option to redeem code.

Yes Boss! said:
As always, I'm trying to add folks with the game to my friends list. I like to see what everyone is playing. I've got some of you already. Don't worry, i won't pester anybody with messages, etc.

Gamertag: Nanaqupina

Send a friend request and I'll add you.

Nice, I don't have the game yet but will send a friend request when I get it :)

andymcc said:
to be fair, i haven't either, but i never pre-order games from there. whenever i order stuff that's in stock, it's always ok. from what i've read on here and on shmups forum, they not only didn't have enough to supply pre-orders for the regular edition of futari, but, additionally, they raised the price of it when they confirmed it was region free. :lol

I pre-ordered ages ago and it not even been shipped yet. First ever time I have had a major problem with play-asia in about 7 years.

Welp reading the shmups forum is depressing. Apparently play-asia doesn't handle preorders by the order they come in(which makes sense in a way cause I preordered a couple days after the region-free news broke and haven't heard shit). Worse still a number of copies aren't coming packed in with the 1.01 code.

If I have to wait forever for my copy AND I don't get the code I will throw a bitchfit at P-A. This shit is hardcore wack.

EDIT: Actually the lack of 1.01 might be more Cave's fault since word is they couldn't meet demand on the first shipment so they followed up with the second ship and they all got mixed together somehow. Arghhhhghhghghghghughgh.

http://www.ncsx.com/2009/113009/mushihimesama_futari_printing.htm

NCSX has confirmed that there is indeed a second printing of Mushi that doesn't include the 1.01 DLC code. But they do say that they still have some regular, first print, copies in stock that have the DLC card.

It's definitely a bummer that Play-Asia isn't prioritizing the first print versions for the folks that are in their pre-order que. But you can't blame Cave at all. A "print run" only contains so many copies...

Top Bottom