• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama Futari 360 Thread of Region and Panties-Free Golden Explosion Shooting

I hope whoever bought the LE's enjoys them because the pricing has gone through the freakin' roof...

NCSX said:
The remaining shipments of Mushihimesama Futari LE have arrived and we'll be able to process and fill pretty much everyone's order at the original price of US$109.90. We were short-shipped 8 copies of the game so we probably won't be able to fill 8 relatively recent orders.
We've contacted vendors in Japan for potential LE restock but prices for the game have been hiked in the aftermarket. Some retail shops are quoting prices of ~JPY16,100 (US$185.34) but one seller on Amazon.jp wants JPY19,780 (US$228.07) + JPY440 shipping for his inventory. On the wholesale side of things, prices have increased to approximately JPY15,000 (US$172.68) from two vendors in our Japanese distribution network but everyone else is completely sold out. NCS does not plan on purchasing any additional copies at what we consider to be unreasonable prices.

I was hoping to scoop one up, I guess it's a regular copy for me...

Tommorow, somewhere in Japan, CAVE offices:

(looking at sales charts):

O________________________________________O

"Gamers in the West...play this?"

YES WE DO, FFS, GIVE US DEATHSMILES AND KETSUI!

Llyranor

It's here!!!ASJKFHRAUIRAJSFHASJFHASJFAS

Okay, finished the game. Felt like it took about 15-20 min.

Quick thoughts:
- too short; could have used some RPG elements (eg. healing abilities, or some melee attacks)or sidequests to make it longer
- really easy, beat the final boss in one playthrough (that youtube video is very deceptive)
- SAFKJASJFKASFHAS awesome bullet patterns. This is my first Cave shmup, and the massive slow-ish bullet patterns are pretty enjoyable to dodge. Sometimes the slowdowns are the only way why I'm able to survive (at times!). They're hard as crap, but they always seem fair. I doubt I'll ever actually manage to 1cc it, but after going through the levels I feel as though it would be a nice goal to try to attain
- not sure how scoring works. Main weapon seems to be a direct hit beam attack, which also slows down my ship. If I tap shoot, it fires a spread, which is the same as holding secondary attack. Secondary attack seems to increase some number, while beam attack lowers it. I forget what this implies re: scoring.
- nice presentation and music

This game is awesome.

Any tips how to approach this when I'm new to SHMUPS? Start at Novice, play only on one credit, some tricks for memorizing patterns, etc.?

Llyranor said:

Quick thoughts:
- too short; could have used some RPG elements (eg. healing abilities, or some melee attacks)or sidequests to make it longer
- really easy, beat the final boss in one playthrough (that youtube video is very deceptive)
- SAFKJASJFKASFHAS awesome bullet patterns. This is my first Cave shmup, and the massive slow-ish bullet patterns are pretty enjoyable to dodge. Sometimes the slowdowns are the only way why I'm able to survive (at times!). They're hard as crap, but they always seem fair. I doubt I'll ever actually manage to 1cc it, but after going through the levels I feel as though it would be a nice goal to try to attain
- not sure how scoring works. Main weapon seems to be a direct hit beam attack, which also slows down my ship. If I tap shoot, it fires a spread, which is the same as holding secondary attack. Secondary attack seems to increase some number, while beam attack lowers it. I forget what this implies re: scoring.

This game is awesome.

Best preemptive IGN review ever. The RPG elements comment was a nice touch.

Llyranor

I guess primary and secondary fire isn't the right term. One is just hold to shoot, the other being tap to shoot. It's just that there's a rapid fire button to substitute for the tapping.

How do you enable auto-bomb? I tried one quick session of Arrange where it was enabled, but not for my normal game.

Anyhow, great game! Got to the beginning of lvl 3 with one life!

Also, what's the diff btw Arcade and 360 mode? I guess the 360 mode gives you achievements.

Llyranor said:
Okay, finished the game.

Quick thoughts:
- really easy, beat the final boss in one playthrough

Quote of the day :lol :lol :lol

Llyranor, I Lloled.

If you want Original scoring tips, check the op and EOJ's breakdown of the game which is linked there. Get dat number up!

Edit: Difference between 360 and Arcade mode is purely graphical. You unlock achievements in both.

t3nmilez

Woah, Arrange mode seems super easy (credited original on my first go), but the scoring opportunities are insane...I'll be spending a lot of time on this one!

danmaku

abq said:
The wait is killing me! What is the difference between Score Attack and Normal Play?

In score attack you can upload your score (and your replay, if you want) in the online leaderboard, in normal play your score is only saved on your HD/memory card.

Dazzyman

Llyranor said:

Quick thoughts:

This game is awesome.

:lol So you did it on normal on 1cc then did you? Love to see a replay of this :D

Sounds like IGN review all over. OMFG its too short you only dodge bullets and shoot fings and as you keep continuing its over way to quick. Wheres the story wheres the RPG element blah blah blah. :lol

Sorry but thats what gets on my big hairy man boobies. Its a shmup you dont credit feed it you play it for score or to get as far as you can on 1cc. When you play em like that they will literally last fecking years. I have a rule myself I wont ever ever go past 1cc with a shmup. I remember doing it once on Mushi 1 on PS2 and it spoilt it so never again.

Mine arrived this morning but after hearing how much love my friends and everyone in the shmup community is saying its a top port Im very very tempted to squirrel it away for xmas day as a nice treat as Ive got way too much shit to play in Bayonetta, GOW collection and so on.

Ive installed it though so my SFIV TE stick might come out tonight when Im pissed on guiness and drugged up on pethadine :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Been playing the game a bunch since I got my copy yesterday. Just the way I remember it from the arcades. I'm curious if Adverse Solutions is playing that much. I remember going to the arcades with him when we were both living in Osaka, and he used to play the shit out of Mushihime.

kazuo

Llyranor said:
Quick thoughts:

How many times did you hit continue, Professor?

Anyway, mine showed up this afternoon, yay thanks NCS!

mushi360_02.jpg

mushi360_01.jpg

mushi360_03.jpg

mushi360_04.jpg

Front, back, inside and the DLC card.

The art on the CD sucks. Gross.

My copy (SE) had the sticker on the outer wrapper and came with the DLC card as pictured.

Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I'm sure I will later tonight!

Mr Jared

Okay I got it, I love it, quick question..

For both Ver1.5 and Ver1.1, what's the difference between Xbox 360 and Arcade?

epmode

UPDATE: My copy of the game arrived at a UPS sorting facility not even 15 minutes from my house.

That was early Thanksgiving morning.

It's still there.

Maybe Monday I guess. :(

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
Anyone get the Hori stick yet? Still waiting for mine! :(

Mine is going out Monday from New York...won't have it till friday probably. Got a bunch of buttons for it and can't wait to use it! Sadly, been playing with my DS stick and it doesn't feel correct.

Put about 5 hours into the game. Totally awesome...right up there with RFA as the best of the shooters on the 360. I gotta add, too, that it was very nice to put a Novice run on it. I'm having a ton of fun using that to learn the mechanics. Relaxing.

Also, shumps forum posted the pic of the Espgaluda II coming on February 25th. Can't wait to see the third Hori/Cave stick.

esp2bl_3.jpg

Chocoboko

Yes Boss! said:
Also, shumps forum posted the pic of the Espgaluda II coming on February 25th. Can't wait to see the third Hori/Cave stick.

esp2bl_3.jpg
I had no idea that was coming to 360! I am loving all of these shoot em ups! How did they get one so early? Do they all come with faceplates? :D

On Topic... I just got my copy in and I am loving it. Just how I remember it from my short arcade playing times in Japan.

RagolSlayer

Neo Member
Chocoboko said:
I had no idea that was coming to 360! I am loving all of these shoot em ups! How did they get one so early? Do they all come with faceplates? :D

On Topic... I just got my copy in and I am loving it. Just how I remember it from my short arcade playing times in Japan.

The pic is from Cave's blog. And from what I hear, all Limited Editions of the game get the faceplate.

Mr Jared, when you choose Score Attack mode, there are no continues (sweet!). When you choose normal play, you get as many continues as you need.

Trin, yo yeah I've spent all weekend on this mutha. 640 achievement points so far. Some of the better ones I've unlocked have been 30k on the counter for normal mode, 1CC all the arrange modes and beat stage 1 in Ultra. Still haven't been able to 1CC Original though. Stage 5 is much faster than Black Label in the arcade and I keep getting ate up there. Once I get my Original 1CCs I want to move onto Maniac. 1.5's Maniac scoring is different from Black Label's and honestly I don't like it that much, but some people insist that it's a better system so I'm going to wait and see.

Ultra is still a wash basically.

Tain, I hope you ordered this mayne...

Llyranor

From what I gather so far, the scoring system for normal is pretty nice. Keeping an eye on the counter and alternative fires as needed, all while trying to stay alive and thus switching fires if required to change movement speed, or stopping the A shot if you want to absorb the gems. Pretty fun!

Maniac and Ultra are insane.

Ramune

epmode said:
UPDATE: My copy of the game arrived at a UPS sorting facility not even 15 minutes from my house.

That was early Thanksgiving morning.

It's still there.

Maybe Monday I guess. :(

I hear ya. I went with USPS and my LE is just sitting in New Jersey since Friday. Then again, I was cheap with shipping so there ya go. Monday most likely. Can't wait!

Koopakiller said:
WHoa, Espgaluda 2 coming in February? That's way sooner than I expected. Do we think it will be region free?

I think with the sales of Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (and GAF alone is a testament to the support it's gotten overseas), the chances for that happening are in the positive.

Tain

adversesolutions said:
Tain, I hope you ordered this mayne...

It really kills me, but I might be waiting until Christmas. I was pretty upset that I had to cancel my preorder for cash reasons, but I'm looking for some things I can sell. Gotta get this soon.

Tain said:
It really kills me, but I might be waiting until Christmas. I was pretty upset that I had to cancel my preorder for cash reasons, but I'm looking for some things I can sell. Gotta get this soon.

Yeah, same here. My PS3 dies in October so there goes $150 to repair that, and then 5 days before Mushi Futari comes out my (launch) 360 RRoD's. Just bought a new Arcade 360 so there goes another $200 and now I can't afford shit :lol

See you guys in a month. Jerks.

;___;

danmaku

I put a couple of hours in the game, and it's awesome. It has everything I liked from the first Mushi (enemies, characters, insane ultra-dense bullet patterns), without the worst part (the crazy button-tapping scoring system). As in the first game, I still don't like Original (too few bullets) and Ultra is still so difficult that I can't even reach level 1 boss, but Maniac mode is fantastic. Pure shooting fun.

About the scoring system, I got the basics but I can't exactly understand how the "golden explosions" are triggered. I know that I have to kill big enemies with the laser shot, and if I kill them while the chaining bar is full, they release more gems, but sometimes they just do that and some other times the gems disappear and turn into numbers (the multiplier) and I get a ton more points.

Props to M2 for their excellent work, this port is even better than Death Smiles.

abq

Seems like quite a few here are getting this game. It would be fun to start some kind of high score table.

[Name] - [Arcade or 360 ] - [Original, Maniac, Ultra or Arrange] - [Reco or Palm] - [Normal or Abnormal] - [Stage where you died or ALL] - [Score]

Example:

stonedracistdouchebag420 - 360 - Original - Palm - Abnormal - 4 - 50,000,000

These are just temporary scores, since I'm not really happy with them.

adversity1 Arcade Original Normal Palm S5Boss 203,483,551
adversity1 Arrange Ultra Normal Reco ALL 1,447,654,660

Yo, there are two seriously obnoxious achievements in this game. One, getting an extend via collecting a bomb or power-up item. I thought you could do this with training mode maybe but I tried it and it didn't work. You have to do it in 1.5 original basically because if you play reasonably well you will have 35 mil before the ST2 boss (and the power-up and bomb items). You then have to shoot the stage 2 boss until you get to 34,999,000 and then pick up both items....

Stupidly hard.

Am also having a hard time with the leave a 1up on the screen and get a Game Over achievement. 1up disappears so quick I can't even die in time :lol.

Dazzyman

You have to sign in with a JPN account to redeem the 1.1 code or it will come up with an error. Tried it yesterday on my main PAL account and it wouldnt accept it so just used me main JPN account.

Game itself you can play on any account any region.

robot

Stupid question incoming:

Is the game worth picking up for $75? I'm a big fan of shooters, enjoyed both Raiden releases on 360. Never heard of this game before though.

Polk

djtiesto said:
Do we know if ESPGaluda II will be region-free?
Considering success of Mushihimesama Futari they had to be stupid not to make it RF (or find someone to publish it outside Japan).

Llyranor

robot said:
Stupid question incoming:

Is the game worth picking up for $75? I'm a big fan of shooters, enjoyed both Raiden releases on 360. Never heard of this game before though.
I absolutely love both 360 Raidens, and this is easily becoming my favorite shmup this year. The bullet patterns are really enjoyable. If you're a huge fan of shmups, this is easily worth the full price of admission (certainly already justified itself for me!) - and it's not like it'll ever drop lower in price, anyhow.

Here's what an average run of level 1 would look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDeA715WdiA (though I think lvl 1 is pretty easy - even I can clear it without dying! later missions are much much harder)

2009 is the year of the shmup!

Top Bottom