• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Yeah it was a really good movie. Really surprised me how much I like the new characters and wouldn't mind more of it. I have no idea how they plan on continuing this though with the manga being monthly and just recapping the movie.

phaze

Naruto 699 END

020982des8c.jpg
020981u3qi4.jpg

1454505763203y1sip.gif

Far removed from the quality of last three episodes but still better then manga ending as they get to expand a bit on some stuff. Gotta admit that a few scenes still made me choke up, that epilogue was a stylish and unexpected way to put things to an end, all the while reminding you of the way it has begun.

It's been a journey for sure, no matter the lows you've descended to, you will always have special place in my heart Naruto.
wstpbjy26uyl.gif

Pein

Banned
I'm so afraid to watch the ending I've been watching naruto since it started airing on toonami. It's like once I watch the ending I'm gonna feel like this is the end of the final piece of my child hood 😭.

I couldn't accept it when the final manga chapters came out because Naruto has been with me for so long ;____;
Boruto the movie, Gaiden and the time inbetween really made me content in accepting the series being done. Will always remain as my dearest anime.

phaze

I...I don't even know. I was thinking about the one that was in the tree/cave(?) with Obito, talking about why he came back.

One thing I still don't understand is how Uchiha Madara came back. I honestly took it as him being dead, then he shot back because he didn't want to be dead anymore. I'm not even sure where his body even came from.

It's one of the biggest bullshits in the story cause he apparently used Izanagi that he earlier programmed to wish himself back from the dead.

Insaniac

I watched the subbed series up until the dream sequences, and i stopped. My friends tell me that all the dream filler is over. Where should i start back up?

phaze

I watched the subbed series up until the dream sequences, and i stopped. My friends tell me that all the dream filler is over. Where should i start back up?

Start with episode 458 from 10th minute mark, then 459, afterwards last 6minutes of 462,463, 470 till the end.

So how come they can used based Hashirama cells to replace Nardo's missing arm, but they can't do the same thing to fix up Gai's legs? Thank god I know the forehead tap that Sasuke pulls on Sakura is known as a sign of great affection to him now. It's pretty much what his brother whom he loved always did to him.

Ray Down

Banned
Yeah it was a really good movie. Really surprised me how much I like the new characters and wouldn't mind more of it. I have no idea how they plan on continuing this though with the manga being monthly and just recapping the movie.

Excluding the Kishi making Naruto a self insert for himself.

Madao

So how come they can used based Hashirama cells to replace Nardo's missing arm, but they can't do the same thing to fix up Gai's legs? Thank god I know the forehead tap that Sasuke pulls on Sakura is known as a sign of great affection to him now. It's pretty much what his brother whom he loved always did to him.

i guessed that as being possible due to Naruto's Uzumaki blood and he having a lot of special stuff in him.

poor Gai is just your regular ninja in terms of genetic code so he didn't have the abilities to get that kind of transplant without adverse side effects. if he had a leg made of Hashirama's cells, it'd have a fate similar to Danzo's arm since he wasn't gifted with superpowers naturally either and the sharingans are what let him control those cells. Gai with no Sharingans would lose control of the leg right away.

i guessed that as being possible due to Naruto's Uzumaki blood and he having a lot of special stuff in him.

poor Gai is just your regular ninja in terms of genetic code so he didn't have the abilities to get that kind of transplant without adverse side effects. if he had a leg made of Hashirama's cells, it'd have a fate similar to Danzo's arm since he wasn't gifted with superpowers naturally either and the sharingans are what let him control those cells. Gai with no Sharingans would lose control of the leg right away.
Then how come Madara had Hashirama cells imbedded into his chest?

I reckon its due to Gai's chakra networks in his leg being permanently incinerated from the final attack. For some reason Naruto's jesus ability was unable to heal it.

RK9039

Just watched 477... this is how you end a series,
fuck Bleach
. I gave up on the anime over 4 years ago and only caught up in the last few weeks.

Even though I read all of this ages ago the anime just brings it all to life. The old school tracks in these last few episodes, heavy violence or Need to be strong? and a few others made it even better.

Rewatching will be a huge pain due to the sheer amount of FILLERs in this series. I think it's around 44% of the episodes are fillers? That's excluding all the flashback and the amount of stalling in canon episodes as well.

RK9039

Rewatching will be a huge pain due to the sheer amount of FILLERs in this series. I think it's around 44% of the episodes are fillers? That's excluding all the flashback and the amount of stalling in canon episodes as well.

The fillers were f'ing crazy, even in some episodes which were clearly canon there was a ton of flashback scenes. Too much padding, but I used a list to skip all the fillers. I think it worked out well for me in the end, I didn't have to sit through all of that shit.

Tritroid

The old school tracks in these last few episodes, heavy violence or Need to be strong? and a few others made it even better.
This. The final scene with Sasuke & Naruto
when Naruto hands him his headband
and Naruto's theme from series 1 is playing brought it all together. Seriously shed man-tears at that point.

Naruto Kai exists :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/48p81o/naruto_kai_all_episodes_megathread_2/

I know its been updated but links haven't been compiled.

Couldn't they have also given him cyborg legs? I know there was a Naruto robot. Don't care if that was filler

Canon robot arms

Nagato's_Asura_Path_ability.png

Rinnegan users only ;)

rambis

Banned
Considering Danzo had Hashirama cells implanted, I don't see why Gai couldn't without a real explanation given.

There's harsh chakra requirements to be able to control Hashirama cells. We saw Danzo at the end of his fight basically turn into a tree before he had to remove those cells because he lost the ability to control his chakra. Gai who's hardly a shinobi in the first place, with no more chakra network due to the 8 gates would have no chance.

Moaradin

I don't see why Naruto's jesus shit didn't fully heal him to begin with. The Gate of Death was always set up to be a certain death kinda thing, so to immediately run that back with Naruto healing him already invalidates the sacrifice he made. The dude was literally turning into ash. Naruto can bring him back from that but can't heal his legs? I don't see the point of letting Guy live if he's just gonna be crippled.

rambis

Banned
I don't see why Naruto's jesus shit didn't fully heal him to begin with. The Gate of Death was always set up to be a certain death kinda thing, so to immediately run that back with Naruto healing him already invalidates the sacrifice he made. The dude was literally turning into ash. Naruto can bring him back from that but can't heal his legs? I don't see the point of letting Guy live if he's just gonna be crippled.

He did give Kakashi a whole working eye. Idk, its not that consistent imo. But we should definitely know that Kishi doesn't like killing characters. I remember he spoke about how he wanted to avoid having Naruto actually off villains or whatever.

I think he should of died as well.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
I assumed Gai being in a wheelchair was due to spinal damage. The broken legs weren't shown in the manga. The extra filler was nice though.

Can Naruto make himself a new arm with his jesus powers?

There's harsh chakra requirements to be able to control Hashirama cells. We saw Danzo at the end of his fight basically turn into a tree before he had to remove those cells because he lost the ability to control his chakra. Gai who's hardly a shinobi in the first place, with no more chakra network due to the 8 gates would have no chance.

In what way is Gai hardly a shinobi? I don't recall anything being mentioned or pointing out at his chakra network being destroyed either.

The injury is his right leg. For some reason it's beyond healing, which I find incredibly stupid given what we've seen in the series.

Madchad

Naruto 699 END

1454505763203y1sip.gif

Far removed from the quality of last three episodes but still better then manga ending as they get to expand a bit on some stuff. Gotta admit that a few scenes still made me choke up, that epilogue was a stylish and unexpected way to put things to an end, all the while reminding you of the way it has begun.

It's been a journey for sure, no matter the lows you've descended to, you will always have special place in my heart Naruto.
wstpbjy26uyl.gif

Dunno if you noticed but unless he has his back to us or that is sasuke they have removed the wrong arm lol

Can't believe it's 'done', pretty emotional. As an anime only fan it's been really difficult living in a world trying to avoid manga stuff. Glad that I can just go nuts reading whatever I want without fear now heh.

I love Naruto, the highs were always well worth the lows for me. Series has been a huge part of my life. <3

How do I go about the continued story now? What order are the movies/last manga bits supposed to be viewed in?

Can't believe it's 'done', pretty emotional. As an anime only fan it's been really difficult living in a world trying to avoid manga stuff. Glad that I can just go nuts reading whatever I want without fear now heh.

I love Naruto, the highs were always well worth the lows for me. Series has been a huge part of my life. <3

How do I go about the continued story now? What order are the movies/last manga bits supposed to be viewed in?
You don't know everything yet since I can easily accidentally drop a manga spoiler.

Laws00

To me the anime ended last week with that headband give back.

I don't need to watch naruto ever again until they do start boruto

phaze

Dunno if you noticed but unless he has his back to us or that is sasuke they have removed the wrong arm lol

I didn't but it seems you're right lol.

Chapter 700 ---> The Last ----> Naruto Gaiden (not quite sure if it's here timeline wise someone confirm).------>Boruto the Movie.

I guess you can technically watch The Last before chapter 700. There's a large timeskip between 699 and 700 and the Last takes place in the gap.

Desmond

I didn't but it seems you're right lol.

Chapter 700 ---> The Last ----> Naruto Gaiden (not quite sure if it's here timeline wise someone confirm).------>Boruto the Movie.

I guess you can technically watch The Last before chapter 700. There's a large timeskip between 699 and 700 and the Last takes place in the gap.

The Last was marketed as 699.5 in Japan in the run up to its release

Arabesque

After today's episode, I'm honestly intrigued about the anime original content. I know people want the story to end but I want to see what they have in store in regards to the Novels.

Desmond

I wonder why they chose to not adapt all of the novels. For example, they could've gotten a good few episodes out of Kakashi's one, which is set just before he becomes Hokage.

Arabesque

I feel that they are intending to adapt all of them, but only announced the first patch for the time being while they work out a plan.

They can be more flexible in how they handle things from now on.

Tritroid

Based on the opening, are they really going to do fillers that connect to The Last?

That'd at least make more sense than the last batch of fillers they did (like the pointless as fuck Jiraiya Scroll episodes).

Glad they gave the 3rd Hokage a moment with Naruto. The last couple of flashbacks he was featured in didn't paint him in a positive light.

I like this opening 10 times more than Blood Circulator. Sasuke is looking Madara-ish.

Epcott

I'm actually looking forward to fillers. Have mercy what in the world is going on?

I would love to see some leading up to The Last, a few involving the 700.5 chapters, and fillers after The Last. I just hope they're not all love stories.

Well, if there was any doubt, a new opening means new episodes for a while more. It's alright. The focus on Ino and Sai is unexpected. I imagine this means that a lot of the sudden stuff from the epilogue will be expanded.

This episode was alright. From the preview, I was expecting more of Naruto and Hinata together, but it was actually two different shorts, basically. It was nice to see more of the "alone on a swing" time period before Naruto started doing pranks for attention, that keeps appearing in flashbacks but isn't really elaborated on. I was surprised that the Third Hokage apparently didn't interact with Naruto until that point. I liked Naruto and Hinata's first meeting.

Well, if there was any doubt, a new opening means new episodes for a while more. It's alright. The focus on Ino and Sai is unexpected. I imagine this means that a lot of the sudden stuff from the epilogue will be expanded.

This episode was alright. From the preview, I was expecting more of Naruto and Hinata together, but it was actually two different shorts, basically. It was nice to see more of the "alone on a swing" time period before Naruto started doing pranks for attention, that keeps appearing in flashbacks but isn't really elaborated on. I was surprised that the Third Hokage apparently didn't interact with Naruto until that point. I liked Naruto and Hinata's first meeting.

i feel like we're going to get episodes dedicated to all the pairings

Ray Down

Banned
naruto-new-kv.png.jpg

Each episode will focus on the characters when they were children.

Thursday's episode focused on Naruto and Hinata. Subsequent episodes will focus on:

Episode 481 on October 27: Sasuke and Sakura
Episode 482 on November 3: Gaara and Shikamaru
Episode 483 on November 10: Jiraiya and Kakashi

Note these are just the current listed episodes, there will be more.

Sounds like childhood to Last fillers in between till they are just dragged to finish the series proper.

When the Naruto Hiashi filler where he learns the master plan?

naruto-new-kv.png.jpg

Each episode will focus on the characters when they were children.

Thursday's episode focused on Naruto and Hinata. Subsequent episodes will focus on:

Episode 481 on October 27: Sasuke and Sakura
Episode 482 on November 3: Gaara and Shikamaru
Episode 483 on November 10: Jiraiya and Kakashi

Note these are just the current listed episodes, there will be more.

Sounds like childhood to Last fillers in between till they are just dragged to finish the series proper.

When the Naruto Hiashi filler where he learns the master plan?
Sounds interesting enough. Do I finally get to see Sakura's meaningless parents since I've never watched any of the movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom