• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Sakura probably couldn't wait for that one special moment...

I know this isn't Sakura, but I can't imagine her reaction being different.

1e5af95a11e2c1add1dd29dffb150942.jpg

tumblr_inline_nx50gz2gMD1rnxb3q_400.png

Sakura has no shame

Glad they gave the 3rd Hokage a moment with Naruto. The last couple of flashbacks he was featured in didn't paint him in a positive light.

I like this opening 10 times more than Blood Circulator. Sasuke is looking Madara-ish.

man sakura's the last design is so good

why is naruto the only one still in his old clothes in that art lol

So good, though her Adult design is even better.

Yeah there's that and getting her last name changed. Haruno's ain't known for shit.

Sakura has accomplished more than most.

Sakura has accomplished more than most.
I pretty much respect Sakura from Gaiden onwards. Last name don't mean much but I think she's a much better person as an adult.
every time i see a flashback to a super young naruto, all that goes through my head is who brought him up, how has this never been addressed.
I think the answer is nobody. Lord third probably had somebody feed him as a baby but at some ppint probably just outed the kid once he could walk. He does not act like a kid that has had any form of parental guidance till he's on Kakashi's team.

ghstwrld

road to ninja is better than the last but it doesn't look nearly as good tbh

just about all of them are pretty watchable, I'd say; beyond the last three, clash in the land of snow, the second one (stone gelel or whatever) and shippuden the movie are the standouts

sakura is featured in basically all of them, by the way

a064e6454f.gif

MedicUnderFire

Neo Member
I think the answer is nobody. Lord third probably had somebody feed him as a baby but at some ppint probably just outed the kid once he could walk. He does not act like a kid that has had any form of parental guidance till he's on Kakashi's team.

Most of these kids grow up by themselves.

No wonder the kids are so mental, needed some good old parental love. I want an anime were Kakashi, iruka and guy sensei are bringing up Naruto.

with the title of 3 jounin and a jinchuriki.

I know Jiraiya probably isn't equipped to raising a child/didn't want to but he really should have been around even just a little bit more. Occasionally come and say how you doin' kid! etc.

Even Kakashi could have put some effort in, Shikamaru style. Yeah they're busy and I'm sure the 3rd kept watch on him - but shit man Minato and Kushina meant a lot to these people. Young Naruto probably shouldn't have been as lonely as he was lol. :'(

/sad swing

phaze

Kishi just hadn't thought of most of these characters and certainly not of their ultimate connection to Naruto when penning the first chapters and committing to "Naruto left alone to rot".

Hence if you look at his childhood period with the knowledge of 600 next chapters, his situation makes absolutely no sense and makes those people look not only heartless but more importantly stupid as fuck and worse.

Ray Down

Banned
You know I was going to say this, but I didn't want to be the one to say it and have somebody complain about me shitting on da great Kishi's work again.

Authors have taken breaks between arcs before. Kubo did it 3 times after the Aizen arc, hell he did a 3 week I believe in the middle of the finale arc.

You can't tell me Kishi has no power to get a week or 2 off.

Kishi barley had any breaks, aside from the time skip break (he did a mini arc in-between it though), times he was sick (which happen twice I believe.) the regular holiday breaks & when his father passed.

Authors have taken breaks between arcs before. Kubo did it 3 times after the Aizen arc, hell he did a 3 week I believe in the middle of the finale arc.

You can't tell me Kishi has no power to get a week or 2 off.

Kishi barley had any breaks, aside from the time skip break (he did a mini arc in-between it though), times he was sick (which happen twice I believe.) the regular holiday breaks & when his father passed.
So he made the entire thing up as he went along? Cause it sounds like he didn't take any time to make sure the puzzle pieces fit together. It's like he built a model plane with the wings pointing vertically.

Ray Down

Banned
So he made the entire thing up as he went along? Cause it sounds like he didn't take any time to make sure the puzzle pieces fit together. It's like he built a model plane with the wings pointing vertically.

I'm sure he had some stuff planned in advance, but not all that well or thought out. That and stuff changed due to him changing his mind (Minato or Kushina were never suppose to be that big), editor giving him ideas on what to do, extending the story, maybe even let popularity of some characters change things around.

I'm not gonna throw the guy completely under the bus, but he's not faultless here.

Kishi just hadn't thought of most of these characters and certainly not of their ultimate connection to Naruto when penning the first chapters and committing to "Naruto left alone to rot".

Hence if you look at his childhood period with the knowledge of 600 next chapters, his situation makes absolutely no sense and makes those people look not only heartless but more importantly stupid as fuck and worse.

Actually think the opposite. Kishi needed Naruto to have a lonely childhood despite already having characters like Jiraiya, so he forced it. His excuse for Jiraiya was probably him travelling/training/researching. Its what I call contrived.

rambis

Banned
I'm sure he had some stuff planned in advance, but not all that well or thought out. That and stuff changed due to him changing his mind (Minato or Kushina were never suppose to be that big), editor giving him ideas on what to do, extending the story, maybe even let popularity of some characters change things around.

I'm not gonna throw the guy completely under the bus, but he's not faultless here.
Im not sure what you mean about Minato. Ive started rereading the early manga a little while ago and its almost uncanny seeing how Kishi would try to foreshadow their connection.

I've no doubt about the story expanding but I definitely think Minato and the subject of Narutos parentage was always supposed to be of importance to the story at some point.

phaze

Was it the Chimera Ant arc or HxH as a whole that pissed you off?

Uhhh both ? I've had a fair share of issues with it beforehand but it's there that a few of my complaints amplify and is apparent that whatever barebones outline Togashi had has ended on Greed Island arc and all he's doing since is pulling shit out of his ass to prep his every new arc.

Actually think the opposite. Kishi needed Naruto to have a lonely childhood despite already having characters like Jiraiya, so he forced it. His excuse for Jiraiya was probably him travelling/training/researching. Its what I call contrived.

The abandoned Naruto is there in chapter one no ? Jiraiya shows up whenever but significantly later.
----

Too not shit on Kishi too much, he foreshadowed plenty of things early, like Obito and didn't pull out when very early, he committed to stuff like the Sasuke's plotline or the whole political system of Naruto.

Moaradin

Making stuff up as you go isn't inherently a bad thing. You just need to be a good writer and luckily Togashi is a good writer.

phaze

I respectfully but vehemently disagree. Togashi's making stuff as you go results in an absolutely nonsensical world, DBZ levels of out of nowhere villains and even problems with character arcs.

Verelios

not as good as her Last design imo, but still good

Togashi can make up whatever he wants and I'll love it
I do like Sakura's end design when I think of it, but more because of how much you can see she's aged and her willingness to age (wrinkles) opposed to Tsunade. It's Naruto's design that I dislike, from top to bottom.

Uhhh both ? I've had a fair share of issues with it beforehand but it's there that a few of my complaints amplify and is apparent that whatever barebones outline Togashi had has ended on Greed Island arc and all he's doing since is pulling shit out of his ass to prep his every new arc.

The abandoned Naruto is there in chapter one no ? Jiraiya shows up whenever but significantly later.
----

Too not shit on Kishi too much, he foreshadowed plenty of things early, like Obito and didn't pull out when very early, he committed to stuff like the Sasuke's plotline or the whole political system of Naruto.

Actually, now that I think about having the sannin parallel doesn't necessarily mean Kishi planned Minato being Jiraiya's student.

Making stuff up as you go isn't inherently a bad thing. You just need to be a good writer and luckily Togashi is a good writer.

Making stuff up on the go will always be lesser to following a set plan or structure regardless if you are a good writer or not.

MedicUnderFire

Neo Member

I also always felt that Sasuke childhood period makes no sense either, who is looking after these children?!?! once their parents are dead, I understand he wants to have a sense of tragedy around these characters, but you can do that and still maintain a world that has logic in it.

rambis

Banned
I don't understand how people automatically think that people would be rushing to take care of Naruto/Sasuke as children. They seemed to be provided with private boarding and probably basic food and necessities which is more than alot of orphans get in real life.

CrazyDude

I also always felt that Sasuke childhood period makes no sense either, who is looking after these children?!?! once their parents are dead, I understand he wants to have a sense of tragedy around these characters, but you can do that and still maintain a world that has logic in it.

All he really needed was an orphanage.

But Greed Island wasn't even that good of an arc. Togashi pulling shit out of his ass led to much better plots.

I think you overestimate how friendly these villages are. They've committed numerous atrocities beforehand, many leading to the problems in the manga, they've held brutal chunin exams were killing is allowed and even encouraged and they expect full allegiance to their ways. This all being a couple of generations after their formation from a war fought by children and adults.

Part of me wishes that the villages get exposed for all their wrong doings, though I take solace in the fact that leadership has changed and Sasuke has no allegiance.

I don't understand how people automatically think that people would be rushing to take care of Naruto/Sasuke as children. They seemed to be provided with private boarding and probably basic food and necessities which is more than alot of orphans get in real life.

I like to assume somone like the 3rd(or other higher ups) who knew both of Sasuke's and Naruto's sitiuations had some kind of secret fund to support them, that being said I'm ery curious on who raised naruto, at least sasuke was a capable child when he lost his parents, naruto was just born when he lost his. did someone raise him and then like at the age of 8-10 was like "your on you on kid! peace! also you will have no memorry of my as well"

Dr.Hadji

All he really needed was an orphanage.

I thought the manga was fairly ambiguous to where post-parentless and pre-ninja school Sasuke and Naruto lived.

It's clear Naruto would have rebled against any authority figure as they would have tried to control the (secret) Jinchuriki of the village. Naruto needs the kind of unrequited love that a parent would provide (at least when he was very young). As for the potential surrogate parents, I could see the 3rd falling for the same trap that Hokage Naruto falls for when raising Boruto, believing that the greater family that is the Village would step in and a "family" for Naruto. So he wouldn't have been there to foster Naruto's emotional growth (heck Konohamaru doesn't seem too fond of him either).

Regardless, I don't know what problem the orphanage solves. Naruto was clearly taken care of, so the orphanage as an institution to provide a safe place to live isn't needed. Naruto was clearly around other kids and people, so the orphanage as a sort of pseudo collective isn't needed either. Orphanages are famous for being places that can breed loneliness. Characters that grow up there often seek a better life or a "real" family. All things Naruto is seeking since the start of the series.

Really, Naruto had a rough childhood, but it wasn't that rough. He's a child that fell through the cracks. With the sort of fractured parental structure he had in his life, the small details went unnoticed. By the time his loneliness could be noticed, Naruto was already acting out as a response. What do you expect to happen? The 3rd calling up Jiraiya to come back to the village to raise Naruto, because Naruto has defamed the Kage faces again because there must be a systemic problem that he probably wouldn't recognize looking at the situation from 10,000 ft up. Or the 3rd labeling Naruto as a trouble maker, and doing his hardest to have Naurto conform to rules and regulations, mistakingly trying to solve the symptoms instead of a casues?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I like to assume somone like the 3rd(or other higher ups) who knew both of Sasuke's and Naruto's sitiuations had some kind of secret fund to support them, that being said I'm ery curious on who raised naruto, at least sasuke was a capable child when he lost his parents, naruto was just born when he lost his. did someone raise him and then like at the age of 8-10 was like "your on you on kid! peace! also you will have no memorry of my as well"

Right, this is the real question. It's not about how he was able to function from four-on, it's how he even managed to survive until that age. As an infant he would've needed to be fed every few hours, have daipers changed, taught how to speak... there had to be people taking care of him round the clock in order for him to actually be alive. Surely he would've considered some of these people to be his parents, he should be acting like his parents abandoned him to live in an apartment alone, not like they don't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom