• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xemumanic

Salaadin said:
Awesome. That wouldnt be a long wait at all

Kewl.

I understand why they do this from time to time, but when they do it too long (like in between Part I and Part II) it just kills ratings. At least if they made up some good filler, it'd be OK, but no one seems to be able to do that.

Combine

Banned
Ugh, freaking lame Pierrot. After the treatment you gave the Pain arc, you pull this shit:

09/16 - 178: Yamashita Hiroyuki & Kanezuka Yasuhiko
09/30 - 179: Tokura Eiichi
10/07 - 180: Sessha Gorou & Kouda Masayuki

Two of your best animators (now they're giving H. Yamashita AD status) and you waste them on fillers?

It sucks badly thinking how great the Pain arc could have turned out if they had either dropped the damn movie or pushed the arc back by putting more filler in front of it, which I'd have been in favor of if it meant getting episodes done with these guys.

I enjoyed it as well!

respek.gif

To answer my own question, Iruka arc over, Kakashi arc beginning.

Combine

Banned
Big Baybee said:
I enjoyed the filler. This episode had some really nice animation/art.
Indeed, but that's what pissed me off about it. A mostly filler ep (with only cannon at the very end) got such a great animation treatment (especially thanks to Hiroyuki Yamashita and Yasuhiko Kanezuka as AD's). The animation of this episode was what should have been used for any regular episode (ie. non special Suzuki/Wakabayshi shows) of the Pain arc.

But, oh well, it's all over now, no point dwelling on it.

Clever of the studio to get people to watch fillers by inserting some cannon into each episode.

Tyrael

Nice episode, really liked the story and animation. I really think these are the best Naruto fillers they have done to date. :lol

Next one looks like will be good to.

Salaadin

Can someone clarify this:

How much of the past few fillers were canon? Enough to make them worth watching? Even if the filler as a whole was good, Id rather not watch them just for 3 mins of canon.

Also, wasnt 10/7 supposed to be the move back to canon? Is it back to canon with some Inari episode?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Salaadin said:
Also, wasnt 10/7 supposed to be the move back to canon? Is it back to canon with some Inari episode?

I am also looking to get this answered. I don't want to watch any filler, so what's the deal? If this is 50/50 cannon and filler, then i'll check it out.

I'm telling you, just watch the eps. Its filler done right. Its really only canon in the beginning and ending of each episode. Everything else is filler.

Salaadin said:
Can someone clarify this:

How much of the past few fillers were canon? Enough to make them worth watching? Even if the filler as a whole was good, Id rather not watch them just for 3 mins of canon.

The balance has shifted throughout the episodes. The most recent episode (Inari) was maybe 1 minute of canon material.

That said, these episodes have been fun and worth a watch if you like the world.

ANN was wrong; this episode has been the same as the last few with canon material and filler flashbacks.

I just finished the Hotaru arc (which was not terrible not great), but are you saying there is more filler after this next one with Pain?

The show has been better (if he would just lose the GD cloak lol) so im not upset, but i was hoping for another awesome long arc like the itachi one.

alright, ive watched every episode of the entire series anyways, so im not going to skip it, but it definately makes for a less enjoyable Sunday morning anime hour for myself and my brother lol

Trickster

Having not visited this topic since around ep 167, i just gotta ask, what happend to this topic? Not even one page in over a month?

Stat Flow said:
*sigh*

Thanks for letting us know.
I get this attitude, really I do, but these episodes have been entertaining, well-animated, and are completely worth watching for fans.

You people need to give 'em a shot.

Combine

Banned
Lol, Pierrot is really screwing up the schedule with their filler. Here is November:

11/04 (184) 「出撃! テンテン班」
[Set Out! Team Tenten :lol :lol :lol]

11/11 (185) 「アニマル番外地」
[Animal No Mans Land]

11/18 (186) 「ああ、青春の漢方丸」
[Ah, Medicinal Pill of Youth]

11/25 (187-188) 「ド根性師弟忍風録」
[Tale of the Gutsy Teacher and Student Ninja]

What sucks is that they're wasting all the art talent now when they are available (they had Seiko Asai helping out that moron Hong Rong in the previous episode and it looked great, if only they could have only done that with Rong's crappy episodes during the Pain arc (157/164 <- this one had that infamous frog cooking gif), but of course they couldn't since Asai and all the other great animators were stuck on that damn movie), and by the time cannon returns (next year no doubt) they'll probably be underway again with another damn filler movie for the artists to be held up with, leaving the cannon to suffer as the Pain arc did.

Well, for me, the manga parts coming up don't interest me much at all. Frankly, there's nothing at all in the manga that I'm very excited about seeing animated as I was with the Pain arc (which Pierrot sadly screwed up on).

Combine

Banned
Relix said:
Can anyone list me the episodes with canon? I am completely confused :lol
The problem (and it's devilishly clever of Pierrot) is that for these episodes post Pain's death (175), they've begun the process of inserting like, 2 minutes of cannon in each of these filler episodes (like at the beginning or the end of the ep) so they can keep the audience coming back (otherwise they'd obviously not watch these at all).

It is pretty sucky, there has yet to be a full cannon ep since the Pain arc ended.

Combine said:
The problem (and it's devilishly clever of Pierrot) is that for these episodes post Pain's death (175), they've begun the process of inserting like, 2 minutes of cannon in each of these filler episodes (like at the beginning or the end of the ep) so they can keep the audience coming back (otherwise they'd obviously not watch these at all).

It is pretty sucky, there has yet to be a full cannon ep since the Pain arc ended.

Recap episode will add the 1-2 min cannon together, i would be shock if they didn't add a recap.

eosos said:
Buy the membership then and watch Taka instead. The subs by crunchyroll are a disgrace to the show. They're just god damn awful.
Pshaw. What's wrong, not enough gratuitous swearing for you? Or perhaps you need the subs of techniques to be in Japanese only?

eosos

Banned
Crewnh said:
Pshaw. What's wrong, not enough gratuitous swearing for you? Or perhaps you need the subs of techniques to be in Japanese only?
Yeah I actually don't like censorship. When a show is changed to make it watchable specifically for a younger audience I generally don't respond well.

Anyway how did everyoen like the latest episode? Can I skip this one of should I watch it.

Oh he's banned

LordAlu

I'm quite enjoying the fillers, they're are pretty entertaining. Awesome Tenten action!
I would like it if they started back on actual canon now though. It's already far enough behind the manga.

Tyrael

Ok, that probably was the most shitiest and pointless Naruto filler ever made.

Wen they say, Ninja Ostrich, well, I just bailed out.

At least the scene after the credits was fun. :lol

eosos said:
Yeah I actually don't like censorship. When a show is changed to make it watchable specifically for a younger audience I generally don't respond well.
You're aware that it's just fansubbers adding the swearing? There's nothing wrong with Crunchyroll's subs.

And Naruto is already made for a younger audience. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom