• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fillers have become of the naruto experience

go on a 6 month break or so, come back and catch up return for more next year :lol

Its not unlike a true blood, dexter, etc...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only time it really sucks is when the animators try to get cute and turn it into half canon/half filler garbage, rendering the entire thing unwatchable.

Haven't watched the anime in forever (been to busy translating the manga for all yalls) and I thought I walked into thread necromancy based on this last page :lol

Fillers Ends 1/27/11....... taking a week off and Sasuke Saga(Kage summit) will begin 2/10/11.

5538617_Dragon_001.jpg

Well look at that! Hopefully this thread can come alive once more.

More recent episode was pretty fun, by the way. Some interesting things happening animation-wise.

So now that I see the thread this somewhat back to life I'll ask a bit of a random question. You know how the animation quality slips around the time of yearly movie coming out. Do other long-running shows which have (yearly?) movies (e.g. One Piece, Dragon Ball Z) have this problem or is it a Naruto exclusive thing.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Starwolf_UK said:
So now that I see the thread this somewhat back to life I'll ask a bit of a random question. You know how the animation quality slips around the time of yearly movie coming out. Do other long-running shows which have (yearly?) movies (e.g. One Piece, Dragon Ball Z) have this problem or is it a Naruto exclusive thing.

Maybe. OP usually looks consistent though lately it's been in the shitter more than usual.

Pein

Banned
eosos said:
Argh!!! I want the fillers to be done... NOW!!!!!
I wouldn't have even minded the filler if it was present time line and not just flash backs. That neji gaiden was good though, if we have to have filler at least focus on side characters.

Pein

Banned
new eps are out on crunchyroll. I've only seen 197 so far and it was pretty good, felt like a shot for shot of the manga with a few minute details changed. Average animation nothing good but nothing terrible.

I hope they're saving the budget for the epic fight thats coming up.

Also seen the first episode, pretty good so far.

Having said that, notice towards the end of the episode just how much smaller the cloud woman's hands are compared to her face. :eek:

Pein said:
I just realized shippuden started nearly 4 years ago. Holy fuck I feel old.

Are you fucking kidding me? Holy shit. So it was my soph year of college when I started shippuden and now I just got out of graduate school. wooooow.

Pein

Banned
Samara said:
Where can I watch in HD? Or is it only Crunchyroll?

yes sir, crunchy roll is a good value though. Lots of shows some in HD no ads for $60 a year.
abstract alien said:
Damn, caught an old school beat down. That chick hits pretty hard...

hows he gonna get sasuke-chan back now if his face is all beat up and ugly?

Hmmm...don't know if I should just catch up and watch all the filler or allow for a couple of months of legit episodes before I resume.

I usually like to watch thicker chunks...I'll resume sometime this spring.

She's an "older" unmarried woman who's on edge any time someone brings that up (or she mishears and thinks they have). Because all women are completely worthless if they're 30+ and not married, right? Maybe it's funnier in Japanese, more punny? Not sure. Just more of the groan-worthy garbage in this arc.

Pein

Banned
metsallica said:
She's an "older" unmarried woman who's on edge any time someone brings that up (or she mishears and thinks they have). Because all women are completely worthless if they're 30+ and not married, right? Maybe it's funnier in Japanese, more punny? Not sure. Just more of the groan-worthy garbage in this arc.
It was better in the manga where it was only a panel or two, in the anime it got dragged out.

eosos said:
or horriblesubs.org - Ripped, from crunchyroll right away
or takafansubs.com - Best subs, but slow
Telling people where to get pirated content can get you banned bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom