• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pein

Banned
abstract alien said:
The hell? Danzo has a Sharingan!? This was the first time that was shown right?
yep.
eosos said:
Yeah, I buy the series on DVD and I buy the games. I'd rather not pay for shitty subs though.
What makes them shitty?

I hate that guy with the byakugan from the mist village Ao. I skipped through most of the episode because it was padded as hell.

These episodes feel way too padded.
I would rather a double-episode every two weeks.

Barely anything happened the past two episodes.

Pein

Banned
bigmit3737 said:
These episodes feel way too padded.
I would rather a double-episode every two weeks.

Barely anything happened the past two episodes.
or just skip a week and watch two at once

They back to canon yet? I stopped during the Pain Invasion arc waiting for this to get further ahead to marathon a bit. Where is it at now?

LordAlu

Squall ASF said:
They back to canon yet? I stopped during the Pain Invasion arc waiting for this to get further ahead to marathon a bit. Where is it at now?
Yeah, they're back in canon. It's just reached the point where
Sai tells Sakura that Naruto loves her, and Naruto is visited by Madara Uchiha after he tried to get the Raikage to let him deal with Sasuke

Can anyone point me to specific episodes that have Rock Lee fight scenes? I've looked but can't seem to find anything aside from the movies.

Gui_PT

Fallen_Hero said:
Can anyone point me to specific episodes that have Rock Lee fight scenes? I've looked but can't seem to find anything aside from the movies.

Rock Lee vs Gaara is ep 49 I believe

I'll have to go re-watch that now

Manp

Fallen_Hero said:

Shippuuden ep. 28...

haRfV.jpg

when he fights against his clone ugh D:

LordAlu said:
Yeah, they're back in canon. It's just reached the point where
Sai tells Sakura that Naruto loves her, and Naruto is visited by Madara Uchiha after he tried to get the Raikage to let him deal with Sasuke

Kage Summit, eh? Action should be starting any episode if that's where it's at.

eosos

Banned
Pein said:
yep.

What makes them shitty?

I hate that guy with the byakugan from the mist village Ao. I skipped through most of the episode because it was padded as hell.
They cut things out such as swearing. That bugs me a ton. Also, everything just seems to flow better with Taka. And Taka explains the meanings of some of the japanese words.

Cloudy

Banned
I started a marathon run from the end of the Pain arc to current while skipping over most of the filler eps. Naruto's pretty good stuff :D

Oh shit, Sasuno'o is back. I still love the fact that a ton of Naruto is based in mythology, makes me smile. It also makes much more sense after reading up on it, such as the whole Hidan death or the different jutsus from the sharingan.

So man people in the manga thread shitted on this arc but I think it's pretty good. Granted... Sasuke is an ass and a fool to go after Konoha And naruto does some dumb shit but over all I like it. It's animated very well too.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
BlackGoku03 said:
So man people in the manga thread shitted on this arc but I think it's pretty good. Granted... Sasuke is an ass and a fool to go after Konoha And naruto does some dumb shit but over all I like it. It's animated very well too.

People hate on Sasuke because they're fucking haters. This was one of the better arcs in the manga since part 2 started and the arc is still getting better.

Oh, and why is Sasuke a fool to go after Konoha? Do you mean because he doesn't have the manpower to do it or because his reasons aren't justified?

BlackGoku03 said:
As one of those people, I've got to say I'm enjoying it quite a bit more in its animated form. Kinda looking forward to it week to week right now.

Professor Beef said:
I'm still kinda marking out over the Raikage doing a Liger Bomb.
Just wait.

SykoTech

That was a really good episode. I wasn't keeping up with the manga during this arc, so there were a few genuine surprises for me. Like old man Tsuchikage turning into such a boss at the end.

Now I want to go back and read the manga to see everything that happens, but I'll resist.

Stat Flow said:
People hate on Sasuke because they're fucking haters. This was one of the better arcs in the manga since part 2 started and the arc is still getting better.

Oh, and why is Sasuke a fool to go after Konoha? Do you mean because he doesn't have the manpower to do it or because his reasons aren't justified?

Nah, Sasuke is hated on for legitimate reasons. He completely turned emo and started acting like a selfish brat. Shit all over Itachi's wishes and the sacrifice itachi made for him. He's just a douche. This is coming from someone who loved Sasuke in Naruto one, more than Naruto, easily. Sasuke has become more disappointing as the series has went on. It might be because I can't stand immaturity but good lord does he act like a little brat in Shippuden.

That said, I don't cringe when I see him like others. He had too much page time in Shippuden for a large stretch but I imagine the anime glosses over it faster.

Stat Flow said:

Because his reasons aren't justified especially since he's not just going after
Danzo but the entire village
(minor manga spoiler).

Firstly he takes the words of Madara at face value. That's stupid. Secondly, he becomes so oddly obsessed with his revenge that he forgets his comrads and (later in the anime) wants to murder
his former best friend
. Thirdly, he becomes emo and above all, a self righteous dick by saying he is an avenger. What he's really doing is trampling over everything Itachi laid out for him.

This isn't saying his character was poorly formed in part two. It's just that I genuinly do not like him. I see him as the main baddy/antagonist. There's no redemption for him now. He's past that.

spiderman123 said:
I was going through the episodes again and am just wondering if

naruto has sharingan b/c Itachi made him "swallow a bird."
We still have no clue what Itachi gave him but that could be possible who knows lol.

Episode 205:

Cons: animation does hit some bad spots but not all the time

Pros: The way they listed each of those tailed beasts... awesome. Also,
the way Madara sucks in Sasuke and his fangirl lol

Great ep, again, shocked at how much I'm enjoying this arc animated. I love Sakura, but I'll love it even more when Sasuke kills her. (yeah, right)

Nice new OP/EP, too.

spiderman123 said:
This week's ep kindda pissed me off. Blehhhhhh Sakura what a useless character.

Pretty good ep but I can understand why you're pissed off. I never really liked Sakura
and toying with the guy's heart? At first I thought Sakura genuinely liked Naruto and it was going to be a forced in Sakura-Naruto relationship which would make me gag, but I'm glad to see it wasn't the case. But at the same time, seeing Sakura kind of lie like that - even tho I know it's a good-hearted reason because she doesn't want to see Naruto hurt himself anymore - just annoyed me. But at the same time, it was SO awesome when Naruto's bullshit detector went off, esp when he said "I hate people who lie to themselves."

Edit: Spoilers are just from the episode itself, nothing from the manga lol

SykoTech

The new episode was a step down fron the previous ones. Shipping/romance crap isn't my cup of tea, and Sakura's facade was so bad that even Naruto's oblivious ass was able to tell she was full of crap.

Interesting seeing Bee and Kisame clash. Hopefully their fight next episode will be things back up to speed.

Pein

Banned
I like the animation for the new op but the song sucks, huge step down from diver.

Pumped for next week because my two favorite characters are gonna fight.

EDIT new ED is dope as fuck.

hydragonwarrior said:
But at the same time, it was SO awesome when Naruto's bullshit detector went off, esp when he said "I hate people who lie to themselves."

SykoTech said:
The new episode was a step down fron the previous ones. Shipping/romance crap isn't my cup of tea, and Sakura's facade was so bad that even Naruto's oblivious ass was able to tell she was full of crap.

You two have it wrong. Naruto just loves Sasuke so much that he is unconcerned with Sakura.

zlatko

Banned
heliosRAzi said:
You two have it wrong. Naruto just loves Sasuke so much that he is unconcerned with Sakura.

bros-before-hoes.gif

I've been liking the past 10+ episodes or so a lot. The show keeps getting better... now if only they could kill the insane amount of filler they've been known to do.

zlatko said:
http://itsguycode.com/images/stories/bros/bros-before-hoes.gif[IMG]

I've been liking the past 10+ episodes or so a lot. The show keeps getting better... now if only they could kill the insane amount of filler they've been known to do.[/QUOTE]
The filler will never go away. We just have to hope for good filler but that never happens either.

What they need to do is have Naruto go take the Chuunin exams again.

SykoTech

Pein said:
I like the animation for the new op but the song sucks, huge step down from diver.

Agreed. Diver was stuck in my head for a week and I liked the metaphorical animation. New opening's a bit too high-pitched. Not to mention it has crying Sakura, so tired of that.

SykoTech

Now THAT was a better episode. I hope Bee is around to stay for a good long time. He's pretty much my favorite character...that's still alive anyway. Of course, being a Jinchuriki, he's sure to already have an expiration date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom