• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pein said:
I dunno dude, with all the conventions and internet fandom I just don't think it is.

Holy crap some of this episode was badass but then they ruin it by padding it out with an epic amount of recaps. Also Sasuke summoning hawks is lame, snakes are way cooler and match his personality.
I thought he killed the snake when he shielded himself with it in the bomb blast. I guess he could always use another one. Guess he had to represent with the Hawk. I believe that's what his team name translated to, but I can't remember...

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
abstract alien said:
I thought he killed the snake when he shielded himself with it in the bomb blast. I guess he could always use another one. Guess he had to represent with the Hawk. I believe that's what his team name translated to, but I can't remember...

Yeah, went from Hebi to Taka, Snake to Hawk. Seems like a fair summon to me.

Professor Beef said:
Random thought, but I would love Sasuke forever if he had summoned Rawk Hawk instead.
I've always wondered if Sakura could fight off the Mangekyo Sharingan in her younger state when she had the split personality going on. Maybe not, since the split is still in her mind, but I've always wondered.

abstract alien said:
I've always wondered if Sakura could fight off the Mangekyo Sharingan in her younger state when she had the split personality going on. Maybe not, since the split is still in her mind, but I've always wondered.

What?

electroshockwave said:
Lmao, remember when she fought Ino in the Chuunin Exam and fought off the Mind Transfer technique because her split personality kicked in?

Inner Sakura!!!!
zZQOZ.jpg

Yeah...I know lol

SykoTech

I don't think Sasuke is even capable of summoning/substituting with snakes anymore. I thought he lost his curse mark and all other traces of Orochimaru during his fight with Itachi. Could be wrong though.

Naruto's panic attack aside, it was a good episode. Though I think I enjoyed Sasuke fights more when he didn't spend most of the time standing there and spamming Susanoo and Amaterasu.

Professor Beef said:
Random thought, but I would love Sasuke forever if he had summoned Rawk Hawk instead.

He'd make a great paper bomb.

Seda said:
As someone who watches the dub...

lol wtf is this

don't answer seriously

You will find out.....eventually....

Just checked on the where the dubs at, wow you have a long wait to see that gif, maybe next year probably late next year...

Forget the dub and just watch the Japanese....

Seda

Nemesis121 said:
You will find out.....eventually....

Just checked on the where the dubs at, wow you have a long wait to see that gif, maybe next year probably late next year...

Forget the dub and just watch the Japanese....

No thanks.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Seda said:
No thanks.

Pure torture to be stuck where you're at if you're watching dubs. Evening mentioning the name of the character will be an epic spoil let alone what's happening is too much.

Seda

LCGeek said:
Pure torture to be stuck where you're at if you're watching dubs. Evening mentioning the name of the character will be an epic spoil let alone what's happening is too much.

Spoilers don't bother me. I don't go out looking for them, but if I run into them, oh well. A combination of wanting to hear the show in my own language, often watching episodes while also watching something else and playing video games (I often have a moniter and 2 tvs going at once..), and lack of ability to distinguish between Japanese voices are all factors as to why I prefer dubbed.

Gui_PT said:
Love the art in that episode. You guys don't know what u talkin' bout
I know good animation when I see it, and there was none in that episode.

8-Tails pounding Pain like a nail was pretty cool, even though it should've killed Pain.

Gui_PT

Professor Beef said:
I know good animation when I see it, and there was none in that episode.

8-Tails pounding Pain like a nail was pretty cool, even though it should've killed Pain.

There are different kinds of animation. Just because you don't like a kind of animation, doesn't mean it's not good.

eosos

Banned
I like the last episode a good amount. The panic attack was fine, but the sasuke fight was great. I hope we see garra fight again soon too.

Also, I just watched the original series through the chuunin exams, and damn were those some awesome episodes. They're on netflix subbed, if anyone is interested.

eosos said:
I like the last episode a good amount. The panic attack was fine, but the sasuke fight was great. I hope we see garra fight again soon too.

Also, I just watched the original series through the chuunin exams, and damn were those some awesome episodes. They're on netflix subbed, if anyone is interested.

Finally, I had never been able to find the episodes of Naruto of between the Ibiki section of the exam through the fights in that tower room of the exam. Have to add it to watch sometime to finally see what happened.

SykoTech

First Amaterasu, then Susanoo, then Hawk summonings, and now Susanoo level 2. Sasuke gets more upgrades then freaking Goku.

Which is not a new development for the anime/manga at all. It's frustrating, but Kishimoto has rightfully chosen to focus on Naruto's development.

I enjoyed the most recent episode, but the animation was embarrassing, especially when contrasted with the previous ep.

After having not watched Naruto for a long time I decided to watch the Sasuke vs Itachi fight and it really gave me a craving for more Naruto.
The last episode of Shippuden I remember is Sakura + Chiyo vs Sasori or maybe Kakashi vs Deidara, whichever comes last. I really feel like getting back into it though. Is it going to be difficult to catch up? Is there any particularly large amounts of filler I can skip?

You're... really far back. You probably stopped around episode 30 or so (which was right near the end of that arc). If you want to skip "filler," the following should be fairly accurate:

1-53
72-89
113-143
152-175
197-current (210)

If you're going to do this, I HIGHLY recommend a subscription to Crunchyroll, too! Enjoy, keep us posted as you go through it!

metsallica said:
You're... really far back. You probably stopped around episode 30 or so (which was right near the end of that arc). If you want to skip "filler," the following should be fairly accurate:

1-53
72-89
113-143
152-175
197-current (210)

If you're going to do this, I HIGHLY recommend a subscription to Crunchyroll, too! Enjoy, keep us posted as you go through it!

The sora filler (54-71) is cool though (12 guardian ninja arc)

Dedication Through Light said:
The sora filler (54-71) is cool though (12 guardian ninja arc)
Oh I enjoy "filler" for what it is, a different conduit into a world I enjoy. People treat it as if it's desecrating something sacred, which is ridiculous, because there have been tons of awful chapters in this manga. A good episode is a good episode.

Now, granted, most "filler" is simply weaker than canon material, but it shouldn't be instantly dismissed simply because it came from a different creative team, especially if you like the universe. It's not as if the anime happens in a vacuum, completely apart from its creator.

However, he wanted to meat so I gave it to him! Honestly, some of the "filler" Shippuden arcs flesh things out I wish the manga would've!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The way I always interpreted the Pain/Nine-Tails episode was that it supposed to reflect the psychotic nature of the Nine-tails since Naruto had been taken over by its nature.

Seda

Dub Watcher here

Dub spoilers lol
Just saw Asuma get killed by Hidan. :(

I'm liking this section though. I like Hidan's English voice.

Seda said:
Dub Watcher here

Dub spoilers
Just saw Asuma get killed by Hidan. :( I'm liking this section though. I like Hidan's english voice.
One of my favourite story arcs in the entire series, the fact that the dub has reached this gives me a good reason to rewatch it. On a side note Hidan probably has my favourite sub voice.

I'll play the devil's advocate here and say I hated this Danzo vs Sasuke fight. Why? For A Leader he was incredibly underpowered. Though he had the Sharingan Eyes and 1st Hokage's Wood power, these abilities were implanted in him. His original jitsu(s) were weak and I expected him to wield more than one element other than wind. Danzo was described to be stronger than Itachi.

edit: Danzo is also described to be the ultimate badass. Nothing in this fight suggest he was.

Seda said:
Spoilers don't bother me. I don't go out looking for them, but if I run into them, oh well. A combination of wanting to hear the show in my own language, often watching episodes while also watching something else and playing video games (I often have a moniter and 2 tvs going at once..), and lack of ability to distinguish between Japanese voices are all factors as to why I prefer dubbed.

Well it's unlikely the dub is going to last much longer and you won't get to meet the best character in the manga.

Seda

AlimNassor said:
Well it's unlikely the dub is going to last much longer and you won't get to meet the best character in the manga.

If the dub does cease, I'll watch in Japanese.

Parts

spiderman123 said:
I'll play the devil's advocate here and say I hated this Danzo vs Sasuke fight. Why? For A Leader he was incredibly underpowered. Though he had the Sharingan Eyes and 1st Hokage's Wood power, these abilities were implanted in him. His original jitsu(s) were weak and I expected him to wield more than one element other than wind. Danzo was described to be stronger than Itachi.

edit: Danzo is also described to be the ultimate badass. Nothing in this fight suggest he was.
He was never described as an ultimate badass. He was implied to be strong, yes, as since he was a rival to the Third he would have to be, but it's also important to remember that he's long, long past his prime. If the Third had been weakened by old age (which he was stated to have been hindered by greatly) then Danzou was crippled by it, having lost limbs and becoming more reliant on his Sharingan, which he had a very limited supply of. His loss of control is hinted at when he is consumed by the First: he simply didn't have the strength to keep going anymore, and never really compared to the other Hokages. The second's sacrifice and choice of Hiruzen also shows this.

Also, I don't think anyone could really be stronger than Itachi. Danzou was his superior, but there was a reason he let Itachi take on the Uchiha rather than doing it himself and ensuring it was all done in one swift blow.

Seda said:
Dub Watcher here

Dub spoilers lol
Just saw Asuma get killed by Hidan. :(

I'm liking this section though. I like Hidan's English voice.

Wow you passed me! I dont think theyve had that on disc yet, so Ive gotta wait. Only saw it via Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.

AlimNassor said:

Doubtful, why would the dub not last much longer? Considering Viz is expanding Naruto to more networks internationally and still tops charts here with it, contrary to people's statements in regards to time slot changes, and Naruto's continuous episodes charting on PSN and I assume other digital download service, I think its in far better shape than people are painting it out to be.

Wow Sasuke, just wow. I would have thought he would at least not be a complete asshole and say she served him well or something :^(

Now it looks like my worst fear is about to happen. I've had a feeling since they put Sakura in that one ending theme not too long ago that she would die(or be horrifically injured), and ever since she said she was going after Sasuke....

That fucker is going to kill her, or at least attempt to...I just know it. For once, I hope something generic happens and Naruto comes in and save hers :^(

SykoTech

We get it Sasuke, you're insane. There was no need to make a face like that.

Pretty underwhelming end for Danzo. He has to resort to taking a hostage, tries to run away like a little punk, and then has a flashback realizing that he's always been a coward. Hiruzen is probably laughing in his grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom