• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Sasuke is a boss. When will people realize that all he cares about is Itachi? That's it. That's all it'll ever be.

And yeah, aa, definitely keep watching.
KuGsj.gif

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Damn, that was a really good episode. Finally. Had all around great parts, that little bit of backstory to Danzo was good enough to make you feel bad for the guy. That Karin scream was hilarious too

Nemesis121 said:
The flashback were interesting, they need to do young Sarutobi Hokage fillers.
Seriously, if they're going to do fillers at least do these type of things that the viewer might care about

Finally finished the Sora/Twelve Guardian Ninja arc (eps54-71). I love the Asuma cover for the DVD set. English dub was still pretty cool with drop ins of characters from other series voice characters. Sora was a memorable and compelling character. I like how they gave Asuma a ton of focus in this arc.

I couldnt recognize the VA's for Hidan and Kakuzu which baffled me when I played Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, guess they are using unrecognizable voices or I just never saw what else they were in. Finally back to canon material, I cant wait to see how the arc was animated!

Finally resumed watching this (stopped around when Naruto was turning 8-tail against Pain, previously) and finished the Pain arc. Skipped all the filler crap and got up to where Kisame is fighting Killer Bee. So around 5 episodes to fully catch up :) I have to say, that episode of the Pain arc where everyone is celebrating Naruto at the end was pretty touching. Even after reading so far past this, seeing it with the voices and actions was great. Looks like the Kisame vs Bee is going to be knocked out in one episode? lol Well, it wasn't all that a long a fight in the manga so not a big suprise. Cringing at the thought of the resident evil fight coming up next but the Sasuke fights are typically well done in the anime so shouldn't be too bad.

SykoTech

Why am I not surprised that an episode starring Sakura is reduced to lame flashbacks of her crying that we've already seen a thousand times.

Well, at least Naruto's back up. But I get the feeling he's going to go through several flashbacks as well before he takes off after them.

This week is worst than last week, we at least had 5mins of canon, I would say 2 mins for the most this week, it's flashback hell again, they better make a Naruto Kai after the series end and cut all this bullshit out.

Nemesis121 said:
This week is worst than last week, we at least had 5mins of canon, I would say 2 mins for the most this week, it's flashback hell again, they better make a Naruto Kai after the series end and cut all this bullshit out.

Another week with non of the big jump series having much if any canon material, woe be to their scheduling :(.

Kaizer

Banned
Two flashback episodes back to back that were absolutely terrible. Only in anime can they get away with crap like, if any other tv show in another medium tried to pull this stunt of reusing old footage, they'd be raked over coals.

That being said, I've been playing through Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 for about a week now and it's reminded me that despite the filler spots of Naruto, I still love this show, its action and the various characters. The Pain, Kakuzu and Hidan fights have been highlights for me during Shippuden's run.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Kaizer said:
Only in anime can they get away with crap like, if any other tv show in another medium tried to pull this stunt of reusing old footage, they'd be raked over coals.

this happens a lot in tv shows in the US. Clip shows with or without some forced setup like the power going out and the characters sit around and reminisce.

Unless you meant specifically doing it in back to back episodes.

Flashbacks are pretty common in Naruto and highly abused. It's one thing I absolutely hate about Naruto other then Kishi's love for eye hax.

The worst thing about these flashbacks is due to the showing being 16:9 and in high definition now they have to be re-drawn, right? Well...first time they're shown anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
levious said:
this happens a lot in tv shows in the US. Clip shows with or without some forced setup like the power going out and the characters sit around and reminisce.

Unless you meant specifically doing it in back to back episodes.
Clip shows are a lot less common in today's television market because they don't just blow the budget nearly as often.

Heysoos said:
The past couple of episodes I've seen have been loaded with flashbacks. Is the manga this loaded with flashbacks?

Not like this, Studio Pierrot is extending the season, the perfect point in the manga to end the season is coming up, if it wasn't for all these flashbacks the season should have ended last week.....

Ifrit

Speedymanic said:
Very, very little canon stuff. Almost nonexistent, but it's there.

Is the series entering fillers soon?

I see, thanks

I guess I'll watch them, shouldn't take long anyways

Speedymanic said:
Very, very little canon stuff. Almost nonexistent, but it's there.

Is the series entering fillers soon?

Yep, if my guess is correct only 2 more episode before they start filler, it's a perfect point to end this season, but i could be wrong....but that point am talking about is really the most perfect place to end this canon season.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Nemesis121 said:
Yep, if my guess is correct only 2 more episode before they start filler, it's a perfect point to end this season, but i could be wrong....but that point am talking about is really the most perfect place to end this canon season.
Ugh, just as I was getting into it again :/

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
levious said:
another week of flashbacks?

It wasn't as bad as previous ones. Flashbacks up to the 9 minute mark basically, then the rest was
Naruto talking about how much he loved Sasuke

eosos

Banned
abstract alien said:
Lmao, I thought these flashbacks were setting up an epic battle...but a damn "Nah, maybe next time?" Wow lol
It was very cruel. Also, Naruto is in love with Sasuke. Seriously. You can't even deny it. He wants to ride that Uchiha hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom