• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credo said:
Nope. I don't know the reason for the delay, but there will be two episodes next week to make up for it.

On a side note, is the main story ever going to be completely stopped so that a filler arc can be inserted, or are the majority of the new episodes going to be half filler and half canon like the last few?
I really hope not, but they pulled this stunt a couple of episodes back as well. I guess it may be the way they do things from now on. Lets hope not though.

Desmond

Good use of filler in this episode. Wasn't sure about the brief KarinXNaruto wanking.
Next week is a double episode. Should be good. Kabutos back

Pein

Banned
Krispy said:
Can we discuss the manga in here. Cause good lord the latest one. Dat ending.
Take it to the manga discussion dude. No point in spoiling people.
But holy crap next week is gonna be epic.

Professor Beef said:
What the FUCK at that animation with Guy's eye. Awful awful animation.
Art and animation, 2 different things.

Wow that episode was pretty fun, although low key. Konohamaru FTW. I lol'd so much from it.
tumblr_lopalffkI51qzj0r9o1_500.gif

tumblr_lopalffkI51qzj0r9o2_500.gif

Sasuke looked virtually like skin and bones, that fight took all that out of him

Krispy

Double episode. Woooooow. Pleasantly surprised by the lack of filler. Was bracing for Sanbi levels of it. Anyone care to guess what had Madara so flustered?

Haven't seen it yet, so can't hazard. Excited, though! As you seem to be able to discern what is and isn't "filler," wouldn't that mean you've read the manga? Shouldn't you know why Madara is reacting the way he is?

Desmond

Good double episode with pretty decent filler. Aren't the zombies supposed to be wearing maroon coloued robes also? nvm

--------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, How come the title of the thread is still 'Hurricane Chronicles'? I understand using it originally but even the dub uses Shippuden. Someone should make a flashy OP for it.

i whipped that up in paint. Someone good do much better. The OP could have info on characters etc. and info on the first show for newcomers

I'll try my luck if you want

Krispy said:
Double episode. Woooooow. Pleasantly surprised by the lack of filler. Was bracing for Sanbi levels of it. Anyone care to guess what had Madara so flustered?
And now I know what you meant! My guess: It's the dead body of Madara Uchiha.

_Isaac

Desmond said:
It seems Madara is partially part Zetsu, when Torune (Danzo's lackey) destroyed his arm, it had that white goo

What's a Zetsu? Anyway, the episodes are okay. It could've been one episode instead of two, but they're fillers, so it's understandable. It's pretty cool to see Kabuto back, but it kinda sucks that pretty much ALL of his power comes from Orochimaru's cells. It would've been nice for him to be a threat all on his own. I'm also glad they remembered that Hidan is still alive.

Credo

_Isaac said:
What's a Zetsu?

Zetsu4.jpg

That's Zetsu. He's the one who does Akatsuki's reconnaissance and hasn't fought anybody up to this point.

Edit: For some reason, I can't get the quoting to work right =\

Good episodes this week, but I have a question...who was in the casket that scared(?) Madara so much?

His real body? The First? Sage of Six Paths? (the last one is reaching)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Speedymanic said:
Good episodes this week, but I have a question...who was in the casket that scared(?) Madara so much?

Has not been revealed yet(not even in the manga)

Marius_ said:
Has not been revealed yet(not even in the manga)

Well that's annoying.

What's the current speculation then? I'm guessing it's the First. I'm not sure Madara would really care if his original body (if he's not already in it, which I assume he's not based on his losing an arm in the Danzo arc and replacing it) and the First is the only who could beat him...

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
AgentChris said:
Has the power that Itachi gave Naruto been hinted at in the manga?
The crow? thats coming in the next chapter :)

Speedymanic said:
Well that's annoying.

What's the current speculation then? I'm guessing it's the First. I'm not sure Madara would really care if his original body (if he's not already in it, which I assume he's not based on his losing an arm in the Danzo arc and replacing it) and the First is the only who could beat him...

I dont think it Madara's body cause
it is revealed that "due to being imbued with the First Hokage's cells, Madara has managed to extend his life to the point where it is believed by others that he may have become immortal"

Desmond

Speedymanic said:
Well that's annoying.

The First was sealed in the deathgod by the Third, remember?

Speedymanic said:
Well that's annoying.

It's not the First, since his soul was sealed by the Third.

Steroyd

Desmond said:
It seems Madara is partially part Zetsu, when Torune (Danzo's lackey) destroyed his arm, it had that white goo

This... would actually make quite a bit of sense on a number of things concerning Madara.

Speedymanic said:
Well that's annoying.

The first was sealed by the death god by Sarutobi (the third), so the first and second hokage aren't in the equation at all.

AgentChris said:
Has the power that Itachi gave Naruto been hinted at in the manga?

It's funny you should say that, because in the manga we'll find out exactly what it is next week.

Edit: Q-q-q-q-quadruple beaten!!

LordAlu

Speedymanic said:
Well that's annoying.

I would say who I think it is but the anime hasn't reached past the point in the manga that you might learn about it.

Ah, yes. I completely forgot about that epic fight between Oro and Saro. God, it's been far too long since a fight as good as that took place. It's all about spamming the same move over and over these days or using eye techniques/summons that are pulled out of f'ing nowhere. :(

LordAlu said:
I would say who I think it is but the anime hasn't reached past the point in the manga that you might learn about it.

Spill it! Teasing is not cool, bro.

Desmond

AgentChris said:
In the manga, is there any Kakashi Anbu flashbacks? Also what about the time-space jutsu?
No

as for S/T Jutsus BIG SPOILER
during the flashback to the Kyuubi attack, minato mentions that the Second Hokage could use them and that Madara's was superior to his own

LordAlu

Speedymanic said:
Spill it! Teasing is not cool, bro.
Don't read if you haven't read the manga!

Personally, I believe it's the Fourth Hokage, Minato. The entire reason the Nine-Tails was sealed inside Naruto is due to Madara ripping it from Kushina so he could control it with the Sharingan, and in the subsequent fight between Minato and Madara, Minato was a match and was even able to strike him despite Madara being able to become intangible - he was such a threat that Madara retreated.

Desmond

LordAlu said:

Personally, I believe it's the Fourth Hokage, Minato. The entire reason the Nine-Tails was sealed inside Naruto is due to Madara ripping it from Kushina, and in the fight between Minato and Madara, Minato was a match and was even able to strike him despite Madara being able to become intangible - he was such a threat that Madara retreated.
No way unless Kabuto is trolling

he even stated to Madara he couldn't resurrect the Hokages, Madara would've called bullshit then

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
LordAlu said:

Personally, I believe it's the Fourth Hokage, Minato. The entire reason the Nine-Tails was sealed inside Naruto is due to Madara ripping it from Kushina so he could control it with the Sharingan, and in the subsequent fight between Minato and Madara, Minato was a match and was even able to strike him despite Madara being able to become intangible - he was such a threat that Madara retreated.

wasnt
his soul sealed by the deathgod as well when sealing the nine-tails

LordAlu

He's ressurrected other Kage's - I don't remember him saying he couldn't do Hokage's though, do you remember when he said it?

Marius_ said:
wasnt
his soul sealed by the deathgod as well when sealing the nine-tails
Good point. I actually forgot about that! :D

Desmond

LordAlu said:
He's ressurrected other Kage's - I don't remember him saying he couldn't do Hokage's though, do you remember when he said it?
read chapter 520 page 11 roughly

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANNA BE SPOILED

nice edit lol

LordAlu

Desmond said:
read chapter 520 page 11 roughly

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANNA BE SPOILED

nice edit lol
You were right. I really should read more carefully. :D
I guess the sheer awesomeness of what's going on in the manga right now has overwritten everything else! :D

I must have zoned out or something but what does Kabuto need Sasuke for? If its for the same jutsu, wouldnt it be too much to have Sasukes body holding Kabuto and the remnants or Lord Orochimaru?

Desmond

Dedication Through Light said:
I must have zoned out or something but what does Kabuto need Sasuke for? If its for the same jutsu, wouldnt it be too much to have Sasukes body holding Kabuto and the remnants or Lord Orochimaru?
He wants to possess all ninjutsu, which he 'needs' the sharingan for, I don't know, it's such a lame motivation

I really want to read the posts in here, but they sort of look like they could be spoiler-ish if I actually through context, so I won't :^(

Still, double ep was really nice. Dat reanimation jutsu tech strikes again o_O

LordAlu

abstract alien said:
I really want to read the posts in here, but they sort of look like they could be spoiler-ish if I actually through context, so I won't :^(

Still, double ep was really nice. Dat reanimation jutsu tech strikes again o_O
You really, really don't wanna read them as they are pretty big on the spoilers front. Just watch the anime and enjoy, it's gonna get pretty damn awesome :)

Madao

Speedymanic said:

if it is his real body, that would be a problem since, once kabuto summons his soul, he'd end up as another puppet and couldn't be able to accomplish anything.

uchihasasuke said:
if it is his real body, that would be a problem since,
once kabuto summons his soul, he'd end up as another puppet and couldn't be able to accomplish anything.

That is probably a manga spoiler. Though maybe its someone close to him or a wife...

Wow I didnt even realize it was filler. Guy using the gates was pretty cool as well as, like Desmond said, the Naruto lure. Pretty cool episode and nice to learn that one guys name is Aobo, with the crows, though a kind of useless jutsu. Im shocked the Yusaku, didnt know that ninjas could walk on water, walking on water jutsu seemed like a common thing in the Naruto world.
tumblr_lpggs19wgy1qbzm7xo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom