• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speedymanic said:
Good episodes this week, but I have a question...who was in the casket that scared(?) Madara so much?

His real body? The First? Sage of Six Paths? (the last one is reaching)

It can't be the sage, because I'm pretty sure he would've made sure his body was destroyed just incase someone tried to resurrect it, even then his DNA wouldn't even be usable.

My guess? its either Nagato or Madara's brother.

Mengetsu

lightless_shado said:
It can't be the sage, because I'm pretty sure he would've made sure his body was destroyed just incase someone tried to resurrect it, even then his DNA wouldn't even be usable.

My guess? its either Nagato or Madara's brother

Possible spoiler:

It just might be the person in that casket is Madara himself and the reason he was so shocked to see it was because who we look at and see as the person that claims to be Madara ain't Madara at all...it's actually his brother Izuna who in all reality took his brothers eyes when Madara was going blind and the story he told Sasuke was true up to that point. Izuna is taking his brothers legacy and living it out as his own as his brother. It wouldn't be hard to pull off at all since their brothers and look almost like twins anyways. I know it would shock me to see the brother that almost took my eyes and my life alive again being controlled no less...

But that's just me..

Matts Legacy said:
Possible spoiler:

It just might be the person in that casket is Madara himself and the reason he was so shocked to see it was because who we look at and see as the person that claims to be Madara ain't Madara at all...it's actually his brother Izuna who in all reality took his brothers eyes when Madara was going blind and the story he told Sasuke was true up to that point. Izuna is taking his brothers legacy and living it out as his own as his brother. It wouldn't be hard to pull off at all since their brothers and look almost like twins anyways. I know it would shock me to see the brother that almost took my eyes and my life alive again being controlled no less...

But that's just me..

Well that doesn't make sense
why would Izuna take Madara's eyes if his own eyes were perfectly fine?

I looked again at the image and I noticed Nagato is already displayed, I'm guessing the sixth casket is actually most likely to be
Orochimaru, especially considering that finding the DNA of his original body would be almost impossible, not only that but he had been absorbed by Sasuke and destroyed by Itachi after he coaxed him out and if not him, then maybe Shisui

Edit also after looking at some pics of Madara
Its definitely him behind that mask. He's always had bags under his eyes and they seemed to increase in age. we've already seen his face with a little bit of the mask taken off, and in the manga the top half of his mask was taken off so we get a clear look at half of his face and its definitely him.

lightless_shado said:
Well that doesn't make sense
why would Izuna take Madara's eyes if his own eyes were perfectly fine?

I looked again at the image and I noticed Nagato is already displayed, I'm guessing the sixth casket is actually most likely to be
Orochimaru, especially considering that finding the DNA of his original body would be almost impossible, not only that but he had been absorbed by Sasuke and destroyed by Itachi after he coaxed him out and if not him, then maybe Shisui

Edit also after looking at some pics of Madara
Its definitely him behind that mask. He's always had bags under his eyes and they seemed to increase in age. we've already seen his face with a little bit of the mask taken off, and in the manga the top half of his mask was taken off so we get a clear look at half of his face and its definitely him.
About your theory on the 6th casket:
By this time, Orochimaru was already sucked up by Susanoo's gourd and had his soul sealed, right? Wouldn't that make it impossible for him to be summoned then?

Majine

Banned
I'm pretty sure Madara isn't actually Madara, for several reasons (I think this is okay to read for Anime viewers, but just to be sure, I'll spoilertag).

1. He's not showing his face. If he really was Madara, and aims to make people believe he really is him, why wouldn't he just reveal himself to everyone since everyone already knows who Madara is and how he looks. I mean, his face is on a fucking mountain.

2. Zetsu, his closest alli is not adressing him as Madara, but rather Tobi.

3. Even tho everyone knows about Madara they are always surprised when they see his space time warp jutsu. Suggesting that he either never used it before, or that it's not actually Madara's jutsu.

Majine said:
I'm pretty sure Madara isn't actually Madara, for several reasons (I think this is okay to read for Anime readers, but just to be sure, I'll spoilertag).

1. He's not showing his face. If he really was Madara, and aims to make people believe he really is him, why wouldn't he just reveal himself to everyone since everyone already knows who Madara is and how he looks. I mean, his face is on a fucking mountain.

2. Zetsu, his closest alli is not adressing him as Madara, but rather Tobi.

3. Even tho everyone knows about Madara they are always surprised when they see his space time warp jutsu. Suggesting that he either never used it before, or that it's not actually Madara's jutsu.

1.He tried to show his face to Sasuke, and besides he doesn't need a reason to hide his face. Kakashi doesn't show his face, Zabuza doesn't show his face(unless he has to), Kakuzu didn't show his face until he was fighting for his life, and the previous tsuchikage never takes off his bandages. Its possible that the bottom half of his face is FUCKED UP as a result of all the numerous fights he's been in anyway.

2.I'll give you that, but only if you can tell me the last time he called him Tobi.

3.People are surprised by that jutsu because most people haven't ever seen him in action. Madara's being alive is the equivalent of someone like George Washington being alive today. If he's been alive for over 100 years then its more than likely that the guy has picked up some new tricks over the years. Its even more likely that because he was such a prick, the first hokage and others tried to keep his abilities under wraps.

I'm so sure that its his real body that I'm willing to change my Avatar to whatever anyone wants here for a full month :p

Majine

Banned
lightless_shado said:
1.He tried to show his face to Sasuke, and besides he doesn't need a reason to hide his face. Kakashi doesn't show his face, Zabuza doesn't show his face(unless he has to), Kakuzu didn't show his face until he was fighting for his life, and the previous tsuchikage never takes off his bandages. Its possible that the bottom half of his face is FUCKED UP as a result of all the numerous fights he's been in anyway.

2.I'll give you that, but only if you can tell me the last time he called him Tobi.

3.People are surprised by that jutsu because most people haven't ever seen him in action. Madara's being alive is the equivalent of someone like George Washington being alive today. If he's been alive for over 100 years then its more than likely that the guy has picked up some new tricks over the years. Its even more likely that because he was such a prick, the first hokage and others tried to keep his abilities under wraps.

I'm so sure that its his real body that I'm willing to change my Avatar to whatever anyone wants here for a full month :p

1. One could argue that Kakashi always has had that mask. Same for Zabuza, and the others (what we know). I agree that there is a possibility the secret could lie in something else about his face (not the eyes, obviously), but this is what I got.

2. In the manga? Chapter 536, Page 13. Bottom left panel.

3. Madara and others have confirmed that he is not at the same level as he were before, so It'd be strange that he still managed to master one of the strongest jutsus ever.

I'd bet my GAF account if I wasn't a pussy :p

UnblessedSoul said:
I havent watched this since itachi vs Sasuke arc, where are they in the anime and are they still mixing fillers with canon

The Kages met to decide on creating a united Ninja force; Naruto and Bee are being sent to the island away from the action. This episode was the first of the filler episodes with no canon material, next episode doesnt seem to have any either.

AHHH!!! Too much blacked out text on this page!!! Not even gonna bother reading the non-tagged text either since context clues are all too easy to decipher.

/bailout

Desmond

abstract alien said:
AHHH!!! Too much blacked out text on this page!!! Not even gonna bother reading the non-tagged text either since context clues are all too easy to decipher.

/bailout
Don't read ;)

Askani said:
Finally got off my ass and powered through the last part of the first series. Now I'm 26 eps into Shippuden and I'm really digging it so far. Quite a change from the nothing going on that I was dealing. Really looking forward to more.

Also, if it's been put on an OST or something, what's the name of this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOchkAXufqo&feature=player_detailpage#t=28s

Emergence of Talents. Its on the first soundtrack.

In regards to fillers I'm not opposed to them doing a year of filler like they did last year and then fresh episodes in the spring.

Askani

lightless_shado said:
Emergence of Talents. Its on the first soundtrack.

Thank you. Was surprised when I first heard it how well the violin part really played with the fight. I'm usually not a music guy with things like this. Movies or games or whatever, it's never really a big deal to me. That being said I always thought the music for Naruto did good job of fitting the theme and setting the mood and flowing with what was happening.

Big Baybee said:
Filler and the fans scatter like roaches.
Its better than canon and the fans complaining about woeful animation due to all the good animators being drafted to do the annual Naruto Movie.

*cooking.gif*

Kaizer

Banned
I usually can moderately tolerate Naruto fillers, but for some reason these current fillers with Naruto, Yamato & company on the ship are entertaining for some reason, don't know why.

Saw the most recent episode, its nice to see that Naruto is at a level to actually propose strategies.

Regardless, if they are doing these fillers like this, might as well get some episodes focusing on the other shinobi of the leaf involved back in the hidden leaf, like Kiba.

Mengetsu

Don't know if this was posted already but I was looking around the internet and found these videos of an animator that practices his skills and used Naruto as some examples. Ill post here but be warned This will contain spoilers if not current with the Manga/Anime

Hinata's Confession

6 Tails vs Pain

Kakashi vs Sasuke Pt 1

Kakashi vs Sasuke Pt 2

Bonus Sauske Reveals! Again Spoilers!

Besides the bad voice acting for most parts it's great from one person who animates it all himself.

Credit goes here: http://smyton4tw.deviantart.com/

Matts Legacy said:
Don't know if this was posted already but I was looking around the internet and found these videos of an animator that practices his skills and used Naruto as some examples. Ill post here but be warned This will contain spoilers if not current with the Manga/Anime
Bonus Sauske Reveals! Again Spoilers!

Besides the bad voice acting for most parts it's great from one person who animates it all himself.

Credit goes here: http://smyton4tw.deviantart.com/

That Naruto! Cool

These episodes are becoming downright ridiculously hilarious, wow.
tumblr_ls0y9tBd8z1qdfdg1o1_500.gif

Though the mushrooms one was funny and the next one looks intriguing.

Echoplx

These guys must be master trolls.

New OP/ED that has spoilers and a shitty filler ep that is focused on repetition so they can re-use the same scenes a few times.. lol

3chopl0x said:
These guys must be master trolls.

New OP/ED that has spoilers and a shitty filler ep that is focused on repetition so they can re-use the same scenes a few times.. lol

The opening was hilarious because of the random dancing, though it seemed the ending had to make up for the lack of Sasuke in the opening to the extreme.

I did laugh at the reused animations, three times for some of them? wow.

Am excited to see nine tails mode Naruto!

_Isaac

Does that mean the fillers are almost done? I don't typically look at OP/EDs because they do tend to spoil stuff. Also it took me a while to figure out what OP/ED meant.

Desmond

_Isaac said:
Does that mean the fillers are almost done? I don't typically look at OP/EDs because they do tend to spoil stuff. Also it took me a while to figure out what OP/ED meant.
rumour on 2chan is 1 or 2 more filler episodes

Well this Hinata-centric episode was decent. It seemed like the type of episode that should have occurred before going to canon material, but alas, were stuck in another week of filler.

Its funny that Shino is still bitter about not being part of the Sasuke Retrival crew.

2th

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
I think it was the funniest opening thus far, though its tone is a bit out of place for the upcoming events.
tumblr_lsntlhlEzA1r0478zo4_250.gif

tumblr_lsntlhlEzA1r0478zo5_250.gif

ok i need to see this. Dancing Gaara makes me laugh.

Echoplx

That episode was actually pretty good, could have mistaken it for non filler. I always like seeing characters in 'normal' situations like this :)

Not related but after watching through some older episodes again, why do they keep changing the art style so often? It looks completely different in some episodes.

Dedication Through Light said:
Well this Hinata-centric episode was decent. It seemed like the type of episode that should have occurred before going to canon material, but alas, were stuck in another week of filler.

Its funny that Shino is still bitter about not being part of the Sasuke Retrival crew.
Yeah, the episode wasn't half bad. From the preview last week I expected a train wreck, but it was nicely done. Sulky Shino is a constant filler joke, poor guy!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I always wondered WHY they even do filler as opposed to just making 26 episode seasons, but apparently it's due to the timeslot being valuable and not wanting to lose it to something else. Which of course begs the question why they can't just alternate between Bleach half the year and Naruto the other half, and never go into filler.

Well its great that they finally diversified Konohamaru's attacks from Naruto, however his Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu and Rasengan was impressive, Moegi seemed to remind me of a Sakurao 2.0...

At this rate, I almost feel like we will be in filler until the end of the year, next weeks doesnt seem too interesting.

Echoplx

It's a shame that none of what they do with Konohamaru will actually mean anything seeing as it's filler :/

I've been hearing rumors that the filler will run until March next year, I hope that's not true.

Yeah, even though DBZ had a lot of filler, Naruto and Bleach have pretty much been killed for me because of filler. The filler at the end of Naruto was probably the worst tho.

In terms of the manga, is there any sign of it ending?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I just really don't understand why this much filler is necessary. Bleach with its last arc, fine, it was really close to the manga, arguably it's STILL too close to the manga. But Naruto? The manga is WAY ahead of the anime now (or so I understand at least, as an anime-only chump). What are these episodes accomplishing? ESPECIALLY if it's something as ludicrous as filler-until-March. (Though I guess I place no stock in that, we wouldn't have an OP/ED with canon spoilers if they wouldn't be running during said canon episodes, and this OP/ED sure won't be lasting upwards of six months.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom