• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
I would hope Kishimoto had a little more to say on that matter. I think, in the manga, it's now the 2nd or 3rd to last arc.

I highly highly doubt there will be a third chapter to Naruto. Naruto is near the end and we will not see a series where he's already the Hokage. The only way I could even fathom that is if Kishi tries a new series and it flops so hard that he goes back to his series of success but has that even happened in manga? Not sure if it has.

Naruto 244 That was better then the manga. Bee is such a bro. Why can't Naruto be more like him? I mean bee shrugged off the entire village throwing eggs at him and attempted murder and still near once cried and complained about it.

_Isaac

Everyone's village treats their jinchuriki way worst than Konoha, at least in the way it has been presented in the anime. Dont recall people throwing eggshells at him.

I find it a little crazy that someone would do that to the Raikage's little brother.

Oh and another thing.

Bee is way older than Naruto, so he's been holding onto the Eight Tailed Beast for quite a while, and before him there was another Jinchuriki holding onto it. Have they said in the anime what the Nine Tails was up to before getting to Naruto? I think something was mentioned, but I can't remember it at all.

LordAlu

I find it a little crazy that someone would do that to the Raikage's little brother.

Oh and another thing.

Bee is way older than Naruto, so he's been holding onto the Eight Tailed Beast for quite a while, and before him there was another Jinchuriki holding onto it. Have they said in the anime what the Nine Tails was up to before getting to Naruto? I think something was mentioned, but I can't remember it at all.
You'll find out very soon

_Isaac

I don't know what's in that spoiler. Are you spoiling the manga? Are you spoiling the latest episode of Naruto? What's going on?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Oh and another thing.

Yes.
I don't know what's in that spoiler. Are you spoiling the manga? Are you spoiling the latest episode of Naruto? What's going on?

He is saying to keep watching

Yamato saying Fool, Ya Fool was pretty hilarious. I wish I knew what it was in JPN.

The episode went greatly in line with the most recent manga chapter.
Totally just realized the seal in the episode was the same one in the chapter, I guess I wasnt paying that much attention when I read this arc months ago).

I did hate how the OP spoiled my favorite moment in the episode :(, though it was still powerful and emotional.
Naruto and Yami Naruto

Desmond

Yamato saying Fool, Ya Fool was pretty hilarious. I wish I knew what it was in JPN.

The episode went greatly in line with the most recent manga chapter.
Totally just realized the seal in the episode was the same one in the chapter, I guess I wasnt paying that much attention when I read this arc months ago).

I did hate how the OP spoiled my favorite moment in the episode :(, though it was still powerful and emotional.
Naruto and Yami Naruto

kono yaro baka yaro

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Dumb question: I stopped watching after the whole Naruto vs. Pain saga because I believe it went back into fillers or something after that.

Is there a good place to pick up that avoids all the filler from there or did it never enter fillers and I've got a good chunk of good content to marathon?

Desmond

Dumb question: I stopped watching after the whole Naruto vs. Pain saga because I believe it went back into fillers or something after that.

Is there a good place to pick up that avoids all the filler from there or did it never enter fillers and I've got a good chunk of good content to marathon?

fillers
170-171
176-196
223-242

Some episodes in the bolded have canon scenes specifically:
176: 1:54 to 2:12
178: 18:04 to 21:04
179: 0:00 to 4:40
180: 0:00 to 2:12
181: 18:04 to 21:04

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
fillers
170-171
176-196
223-242

Some episodes in the bolded have canon scenes specifically:
176: 1:54 to 2:12
178: 18:04 to 21:04
179: 0:00 to 4:40
180: 0:00 to 2:12
181: 18:04 to 21:04

Well shit...that's about the best reply I could have hoped to get. Thanks man.

Combine

Banned
how much is missed here?
Nothing worthwhile, since IIRC they do a recap in the first cannon episode of most of it anyway.

Oh yeah, nice new episode, and next week's looks great too. Hopefully they'll still have some good animators left for the aftermath though.

The episode made me tear up, so touching. I hope they actually split the next event over two+ episodes, Ive been dying to see it animated for so long.

Also kid Minato is so cool, I want that jacket. (heh, it has three stripes)

Combine

Banned
The February Schedule:
467「狙われたQB」(2/2)
247:"Target: Nine tails"

468-469: ナルト疾風伝スペシャル「父の決断 母の涙 ナルト出生の秘密」(2/9)
248-249:"Naruto Shippuuden Special: The Father's Decision - The Mother's Tears - The Secret of Naruto's Birth"

470:珍獣VS怪人!楽園の戦い! (2/16)
250:"The Rare Beast VS The Monster! A Battle in Paradise"

471:鬼鮫という男 (2/23)
251:"The Man Known as Kisame"

472:死へいざなう天使(3/1)
252: "The Angel of Death"
Some great episodes coming up. And the preview for the hour special looks freaking amazing, finally Minato vs. Tobi.

Combine

Banned
Just about to post these, Can't wait till 'Angel of Death'
Tobi's new mask
I'm hoping the anime makes more of an emotional impact with 252 (or maybe it'll be 253) than how it was conveyed in the manga, where things seemed to move too quickly.

Gui_PT

Made extra long so people who don't want to know yet don't know by the size of the spoiler :D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Whaaaaatttttt

Could you please explain? I lost contact with the show and manga so I'm completely lost. Don't mind being soiled about the truth behind that

Whaaaaatttttt

Could you please explain? I lost contact with the show and manga so I'm completely lost. Don't mind being soiled about the truth behind that

In the big ninja war that's going on Kabuto has brought back a bunch of dead ninjas by Edo Tensei. It's then revealed that his trump card resurrection is the real Madara Uchiha who was planning to be properly resurrected by Pain/the rinnegan. It's not been revealed yet who Tobi is but I think it might happen soon as Naruto, Bee, Kakashi and Gai are in a fight with Tobi and the resurrected jinchurikis.

Gui_PT

In the big ninja war that's going on Kabuto has brought back a bunch of dead ninjas by Edo Tensei. It's then revealed that his trump card resurrection is the real Madara Uchiha who was planning to be properly resurrected by Pain/the rinnegan. It's not been revealed yet who Tobi is but I think it might happen soon as Naruto, Bee, Kakashi and Gai are in a fight with Tobi and the resurrected jinchurikis.

Oh wow that's still going on? Damn lol

Thank you for the info!

Desmond

Might aswell get some DVD release up in this thread:

NA- Viz Media

#10 4/10/12.

Stls3l.jpg

PAL- MANGA Entertainment (UK/Ireland)

#8 22/2/12

xU9YNl.jpg

PAL- Madman (AU/NZ)

#8 15/02/2012