• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3chopl0x said:
Like I said, just rumors. I don't see how he could be on a boat trip for that much longer anyway :p

But theyve been off the boat for 2 and now 3 episodes now.

Filler until next march, with this ending theme? That doesnt make sense considering the clips at the end of it.

Echoplx

Dedication Through Light said:
But theyve been off the boat for 2 and now 3 episodes now.

Filler until next march, with this ending theme? That doesnt make sense considering the clips at the end of it.

They've been travelling on land until they reach the next port. I'm pretty sure they said they have a quarter of the way to go.

And again, it's just a rumor i read, I'm not saying it's true or likely.

Pein

Banned
HammerOfThor said:
Yeah, even though DBZ had a lot of filler, Naruto and Bleach have pretty much been killed for me because of filler. The filler at the end of Naruto was probably the worst tho.

In terms of the manga, is there any sign of it ending?
yep most things people wanted to know have been revealed, only a couple of villains left. I'd give it a year or two, before its done.

Majine

Banned
I come in here every once in awhile to check if it's still fillers, get dissapointed that it is, then realize they'd probably fuck up canon as usual anyway.

God, the manga is so superior in this series.

I like the fillers focus on at least building Shikamaru, nice to give words of wisdom to Konohamaru.
tumblr_ltroraMj7k1qcrs5uo1_500.gif

I finally got around to watching this again and fully caught up to the latest canon. So much filler, glad I made the decision a long time ago to read the manga. The never ending filler seasons at the end of Naruto 1 drove me to make the right decision. Never again will I watch filler, NEVER!

Squall ASF said:
I finally got around to watching this again and fully caught up to the latest canon. So much filler, glad I made the decision a long time ago to read the manga. The never ending filler seasons at the end of Naruto 1 drove me to make the right decision. Never again will I watch filler, NEVER!
I started with the manga but when the anime first came out I was all over it... then the filler. Worse filler stretches of any series for me. They only got worse in Shippuuden. Ugh.

I stopped watching when Naruto went to search for 8 tails on a boat.
Were they any canon episodes from then? I assumed it was filler because I saw a character which didn't seem to fit the series.

bigmit3737 said:
I stopped watching when Naruto went to search for 8 tails on a boat.
Were they any canon episodes from then? I assumed it was filler because I saw a character which didn't seem to fit the series.

Its been filler since he stepped foot on the boat and it still is filler.

Pein

Banned
Big Baybee said:
Last episode had beautiful animation. Konohamaru story was pretty good. Wish all the filler could be like that.
yeah, some of the best filler the series ever had. New episode was decent, some light fan service and team eight got some screen time.
Dedication Through Light said:
Its been filler since he stepped foot on the boat and it still is filler.
Its kinda ridiculous how much filler there is, the manga almost has two years on the anime.

Pein said:
yeah, some of the best filler the series ever had. New episode was decent, some light fan service and team eight got some screen time.

Its kinda ridiculous how much filler there is, the manga almost has two years on the anime.

If Naruto is truly ending soon then maybe they are just doing all this filler so they can animate everything else in the manga faithfully with no breaks until that point.

zlatko

Banned
The amount of filler is absurd with this anime as a whole, but the fact this boat filler is this long doesn't even make any fucking sense. If other Ninja from the village were able to catch up to or even be ahead of Naruto, then wtf are they doing on the boat? Beyond idiotic.

Shit like this is what makes this anime fucking such a waste of time sometimes. For every 1 episode that is good and filled with new content for the main storyline, there are at least 10 that don't need to exist. :/

I started reading the manga..in Japanese!

I'm still a beginner at Japanese, so it takes me a long time to get through a page.
(I reread many times and write down grammar notes).

I've started at the part right after Sasuke and Naruto meet and talk
After Sasuke kills Danzo

I bet you I will finish reading the boat section before the anime gets through with it!

Not a Lee episode goes by where my head doesn't shake a tad from the bizarre logic that nobody reckoned it a solid idea to teach the whole Gate Opening thing to, of all folks, Naruto---especially since Kakashi at least knows how to open the first one.

With each arc, I'd reckoned it was a development to come, yet time and again...

This was a solid little episode though, had completely forgotten about Gai's summon.

So glad a Kiba episode is next.

This one on Ino-Shiko-Cho was decent, more excited on it on the part one flashback for an alternative take on the assault on the Hidden Leaf in the chuunin exams. Epic Shadow jutsu technique.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Any timeframe on end of fillers?

Honestly, Kishimoto needs to just finish writing the next arc before they can move on, so I'm not really expecting it any time soon. Unless you want more fillers to appear mid-arc a la Bleach.

Sailing for 6 months, where is this Island, Australia?

I suppose you could explain it from a plot point of they have to sail slowly and not get spotted as its a secret mission...which is why Naruto stops on every Island to talk to everyone...conclusion: making sense of fillers is futile.

No, I didnt think they would go with a new ending theme and animation, which seemed to have no spoilers in it. I liked Place to Try better.

Naruto and Dark Naruto was my favorite part, like how it was handled, and Bees theme sounded good.

Desmond

No, I didnt think they would go with a new ending theme and animation, which seemed to have no spoilers in it. I liked Place to Try better.

Naruto and Dark Naruto was my favorite part, like how it was handled, and Bees theme sounded good.

It hinted at one part
Kushina's Appearance
but the artstyle was alright

What, you didn't like Naruto singing a song about how much he wanted to be with Sasuke? Heh, tune's solid at least.

Tritroid

I've kinda been wondering...are they planning for a 3rd 'sub-series' to Naruto?

I know the manga doesn't really suggest that since
they're already on the 4th ninja war and there were rumors or hints from Kishi that he's going to end Naruto 'soon'
, but it's been Shippuuden for a while now, just seems like they'd set a new title in place.

Desmond

I've kinda been wondering...are they planning for a 3rd 'sub-series' to Naruto?

I know the manga doesn't really suggest that since
they're already on the 4th ninja war and there were rumors or hints from Kishi that he's going to end Naruto 'soon'
, but it's been Shippuuden for a while now, just seems like they'd set a new title in place.

I was hoping they'd do it when this mini arc ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom