• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 |OT| Finally, Tenten's Turn To Shine!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I just finished the game it took me around 15 hours.

The credits are so great, very emotional.

Ephemeris

Reknoc said:
I haven't tried the 360 demo to see if I prefer the controls but I'll probably get it on PS3 since it's what I have the original on.
The 360 demo isn't bad or the controls doesn't feel like a great departure from the PS3's, just looking at it from the party-chat/online-group option.

Desi

mr jones said:
GODDAMN what the hell is this garbage? You're not into the anime, AND you're not into fighters, but you like it because its pretty, easy to mash buttons and feel like you're accomplishing something?

Why is stuff like this able to be put on a professional site? How are you going to have someone who completely discredits himself from describing the story from the "well-fleshed out Adventure Mode" and makes himself sound like an idiot for even mentioning that its a game that "any fighting game enthusiast should consider"? GTFOOH.
at least I agree with you. what he said in that paragraph kind of makes his last statement silly.

Sn4ke_911

Peff said:
It's ok. Interface is similar to Street Fighter IV vanilla, with characters getting points to rank up and customizable title/image. From what I played yesterday lag is not too bad, the inputs take slightly longer to register than in off-line mode at times but it's playable. That might not be true when the game is actually out worldwide, but it should be fun to play with friends anyway.

hm... i have played now 7 matches and no lag, it's super smooth just like offline.

Online is a blast. The battles are intense but so much fun. :D

zlatko

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:
hm... i have played now 7 matches and no lag, it's super smooth just like offline.

Online is a blast. The battles are intense but so much fun. :D

Does the online seem balanced? Or is it too early to tell who is over powered or not?

What are the options for online? Ranked, private, 1v1 only, spectator lobbies?

Sn4ke_911

zlatko said:
Does the online seem balanced? Or is it too early to tell who is over powered or not?

What are the options for online? Ranked, private, 1v1 only, spectator lobbies?

It's definitely too early to tell who is OP or not. I have only played 7 matches Sasuke (me) vs Pain.

From what i've seen this modes are in:

*Ranked Match
*Private Match
*1v1 only
* team battle
* a worldwide "Who is the best" list

It's almost the same as Street Fighter 4, you can filter your search for best connection, only search for people with the same level and stuff liket that. you can also get over 200 titles like Shinobi, Master, Ninja and many more and 157 Ninja Cards, this are profil pics, which is really nice.

i think no spectator mode.

V_Arnold

Okay, can anyone tell me how to avoid these "Ultimate Jutsus" people throw at me?

I went in a random ranked game, against a Sage mode Naruto with Temari.
(I was Temari) I opened with some spacing, some "kunai" (not kunai obviously), trying to find an opening, but this game seem to work not like SF, cause my opponent casted a clone rasengan stuff, which I could not block. It is like a huge Vector, if I am inside its route, I lose half of my health bar...

Any suggestions?

Sn4ke_911

ok this sucks. I want to practice but i can't because there is no fucking mode for it!

V_Arnold said:
Okay, can anyone tell me how to avoid these "Ultimate Jutsus" people throw at me?

I went in a random ranked game, against a Sage mode Naruto with Temari.
(I was Temari) I opened with some spacing, some "kunai" (not kunai obviously), trying to find an opening, but this game seem to work not like SF, cause my opponent casted a clone rasengan stuff, which I could not block. It is like a huge Vector, if I am inside its route, I lose half of my health bar...

Any suggestions?
Try to chakra dash out of the way. Or send out your support characters.

Sn4ke_911 said:
ok this sucks. I want to practice but i can't because there is no fucking mode for it!

wat....

well I guess you could do the ghetto training and just use the second controller and vs yourself.

Sn4ke_911

Knux-Future said:
wat....

well I guess you could do the ghetto training and just use the second controller and vs yourself.

i can play against the COM but i want my enemy not losing any HP, oh well atleast they have a "replay match" button in the game.

Zanken said:
Can't see youtube where I am. Can somebody explain this?

As for being annoyed with unlocks, some people like it and some people hate it. Being annoyed with it in more competitive games seems valid, but this game has so much effort in it's campaign, so no complaints from me.
Cancel KNJ into ougi=auto hit

Coeliacus

mysticwhip said:
Cancel KNJ into ougi=auto hit
:lol

This game has so much potential, there is some really simple fundamental stuff that could make the game competitive without making it difficult to learn. The guess they just want the multiplayer to be kids/party game material.

Reknoc

So what's the story mode like now? Hope it's not like the first one where you have to do a bunch of boring crap to grind up points to do the proper story stuff.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Can someone who has read the manga shed some light on something for me about gaara's powers. Does he regain them fully? Is this game just an imagining of what it would be like if he did regain them?

Skilletor

FootNinja said:
Can someone who has read the manga shed some light on something for me about gaara's powers. Does he regain them fully? Is this game just an imagining of what it would be like if he did regain them?

Gaara never relied on his Demon. I don't see why anybody thought he would lose his powers. They never showed him drawing on the demon's chakra to do the normal sand stuff he's always done. He only called on the demon to transform. He had to stay awake because he had a demon inside of him.

If anything, Gaara should be more powerful since he's had the 1-tail removed. Fool will get to sleep now.

CURRENT MANGA SPOILERS:

Kankuro hinted that his bro was more powerful, and Gaara is on his way for a rematch with the person who defeated him before. We should see how dope gaara is now.

Skilletor said:
Gaara never relied on his Demon. I don't see why anybody thought he would lose his powers. They never showed him drawing on the demon's chakra to do the normal sand stuff he's always done. He only called on the demon to transform. He had to stay awake because he had a demon inside of him.

If anything, Gaara should be more powerful since he's had the 1-tail removed. Fool will get to sleep now.

CURRENT MANGA SPOILERS:

Kankuro hinted that his bro was more powerful, and Gaara is on his way for a rematch with the person who defeated him before. We should see how dope gaara is now.

I think it's a tad overboard to say Gaara never relied on the Shukaku in regular combat. That thing, above all else, was a form of automatic defense that Gaara never had to instigate. Now being in full control of the sand, he has a lot more to commit to.

u_neek

How's the adventure mode if you only have minimal knowledge of the Naruto universe?

I'm in love with those pre-rendered backgrounds.

Skilletor

RawkHawk2010 said:
I think it's a tad overboard to say Gaara never relied on the Shukaku in regular combat. That thing, above all else, was a form of automatic defense that Gaara never had to instigate. Now being in full control of the sand, he has a lot more to commit to.

I'd forgotten that Shukaku was his auto-block. I take that back.

Still, Gaara didn't lose sand power by losing his beast. I think people forget he's the son of a kage. He'll still hella powerful.

Coeliacus

DR2K said:
All 3 of you will be missed.
Hah.
I don't expect there to be real tournaments for this game, but it should get a fair bit of online play.

I still think there is a lot more interesting things that could be done with this game mechanics-wise but now that I'm home and have seen the video, I won't pass judgement yet. For one it only works while blocking as opposed to being hit... it might end up just being an easy way to punish button mashers.

spazzfish

Is there any technical/graphical differences between the 360/ps3 version. reason i'm asking is a machine is being brought just to play this game and they want the best version irrespective of platform.

desu

spazzfish said:
Is there any technical/graphical differences between the 360/ps3 version. reason i'm asking is a machine is being brought just to play this game and they want the best version irrespective of platform.

Not as far as I know of, at least the demo was more or less equal. Would still always go with PS3 version as its clearly the lead version.

spazzfish said:

Both versions should be quite equal. I believe the 360 version does have a whitish hue to it or something....can't find those comparison screens :/

EDIT: This should help: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/02/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-2-critically-compared/

Top Bottom