• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Exclusive Revealed Next Week On GTTV (Superbot's PS All-Stars)

Ok, 5 hours to go. Let's get a slightly new discussion going . . .

Only using Sony owned characters since they are more likely to be included, which character do you think will be your primary? For me it would have to be Jak. I remember when I first got the original, had no clue about anything about it. Only knew it was by those Crash Bandicoot people. Really loved it though. And when I got it I still didn't have a memory card, I had to of played Sandover Village, Misty Island, and the Forbidden Jungle a ridiculous amount of times and never got bored of it.

Of course, this comes with a bit of a disclaimer. I'm basing this off the assumption that Jak will be the version from Precursor Legacy and not 2 and 3, that Daxter will always be on his shoulder, and that he will be less gun based and more eco focused.

I would have to see the character's play styles before coming to a conclusion but in terms of who I would like to play as just as a character out of the bunch.....

Jak/Daxter or Ratchet/Clank. Based off their own games, huge arsenal of moves and weaponry providing for great diversity in gameplay. So if their styles transfer over to a Smash Bros. environment flawlessly, then yay!

i think dark jak would be a major part of his gameplay tho.

and light jak as well.
That could be his level 3 special (from the rumored source each character will have a power bar to fill up and when you get to the third one you can use a unique character ability, such as Sweet Tooth using his ice cream truck mech).

B.O.O.M

They would probably put someone from Socom before choosing a COD character. I'm guessing those nameless characters would be worth something if they were to be used for other games.

Well for marketing purposes I think a COD character will do wonders. Who was that skull face guy in the COD series? He appeared in the Michael commercial too. He could fit in I suppose

Carl

Only using Sony owned characters since they are more likely to be included, which character do you think will be your primary? For me it would have to be Jak. I remember when I first got the original, had no clue about anything about it. Only knew it was by those Crash Bandicoot people. Really loved it though. And when I got it I still didn't have a memory card, I had to of played Sandover Village, Misty Island, and the Forbidden Jungle a ridiculous amount of times and never got bored of it.

Of course, this comes with a bit of a disclaimer. I'm basing this off the assumption that Jak will be the version from Precursor Legacy and not 2 and 3, that Daxter will always be on his shoulder, and that he will be less gun based and more eco focused.

Ratchet, because i <3 him

B.O.O.M

Radec all the way

KingK

Please no COD characters. Keep 3rd party to a minimum. Just 2 or 3 characters from games that were famous as Playstation exclusives, like Snake/Big Boss and Cloud/Sephiroth. Plus there's already going to be plenty of gun using characters from Sony's first parties to include.

I would probably main Jak as well. Maybe Ratchet. They seem like their moves would translate perfectly into the Smash type environment, plus I remember thinking up move lists for Jak if he was in Smash Bros. back when I was like 12.

I am curious if they're going to keep Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank paired up, or if they'll be four separate playable characters.

SmithnCo

In terms of likely characters, I'm thinking Drake, Parappa, or Toro, but it mostly depends on gameplay.

That said, I'd main Lammy if she was in.

Well for marketing purposes I think a COD character will do wonders. Who was that skull face guy in the COD series? He appeared in the Michael commercial too. He could fit in I suppose

That would be Ghost. That made him one of the most recognizable characters in the series. He's probably only behind Price in terms of recognizability.

plainr_

I am hoping they introduce a few new characters to go alongside the crossover fighters. Forget trying to round up third party characters to fill up that roster.

KingK

Really hope Wander from SOTC is a playable character. He'd make a great basic sword and bow fighter, similar to Link. His super move could turn him into that Colossus monster he turns into at the end.

I also wonder if Yorda will be included. They'll probably want to up their female character count, but I'm not sure what her moves could be. Maybe something similar to Zelda with some magic and shit.

edit: Fuck, I'm letting my imagination run wild and it's building up hype to critical levels. I need to stop.

Wouldn't making your own characters kinda defeat the purpose of a mascot fighter?

Anyway, I'm going to bet on characters revealed.

Drake, Kratos, Sackboy, Cole, Sweet Tooth, Parappa. Hopefully more.

in this case. no. it's sony. putting all kinds of shit in their game just because.

KingK

Do we know how long Superbot has been working on this? I wonder if it will make it out this year? This could be what Sony's planned as their big holiday release, especially if God of War is March 2013 and Last of Us is early 2013.

Do we know how long Superbot has been working on this? I wonder if it will make it out this year? This could be what Sony's planned as their big holiday release, especially if God of War is March 2013 and Last of Us is early 2013.
They started some time in 2010 but they refuse to get any more specific than that.

KingK

They started some time in 2010 but they refuse to get any more specific than that.

hmm...unless they started in like January of 2010, it seems like this year might be a little too early. I don't want them to rush this at all because I want it to be incredible with fine-tuned, balanced gameplay and packed full of content day 1.

Thanks. Will it stream from GT?
no, but they'll have the gameplay and trailers up right after it airs.

KingK

The counter says 1 hour and 23 minutes for me lol.

It must be broken. Seems like it's counting down to 10 pm regardless of what time zone you're in.

BlackJace

It'd be one hell of a holiday title. If it turns out to look good, it'll be one of the firsts on my holiday list.

I'm going to be very impressed if this game is good. It's the companies first game... and they are still searching for some important production roles.

Endo Punk

I know it will never happen but I would love to see Aya Brea in the game, she is as much a part of Playstation history as Solid Snake and Tomb Raider.

Endo Punk

I don't want too many 3rd party characters but Aya Brea is one that I would like to see in the game. The Parasite Eve games are some of the finest in the PS1 era.

StuBurns

Banned
I'll give you Snake, but Lara?
No way José...
It's literally like thirty million units versus three million. Yes José, afraid so. More importantly, she's a cultural icon of gaming, she defined PlayStation in the nineties for millions of people. I certainly think PE1 is a much better game than any branding the Tomb Raider name, but in terms of characters the general public consider to be associated with PlayStation, I can't imagine it's even vaguely close.

Top Bottom