• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

iLLmAtlc

Doesn't sound final to me.

But I don't mind really. I remember watching the Sochi final at 4am in the morning and I don't remember a damn thing because I was so sleepy.

Merguson

Banned
Doesn't sound final to me.

But I don't mind really. I remember watching the Sochi final at 4am in the morning and I don't remember a damn thing because I was so sleepy.

it's not

Igor Eronko‏
@IgorEronko

Bill Daly on if the NHL goes to Olympics: 'As of today, the decision would be "no". But we don't have to make the decision today'

Silexx

Well this fucking blows. Amazon still hasn't shipped my Mass Effect copy yet and I have no idea when it's coming, but they already charged the credit card.

Kifimbo

Thank god no Olympics. FUCK the Olympics.

Except several NHL players will be there anyway. So the level of play in the NHL will drop. And the Olympics tournament will be close to worthless. When Team X loses to Team Y, all we will hear is 'But Team X didn't have players 1, 2, 3' and Team Y fans will reply 'We also missed players 4, 5, 6'.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Except several NHL players will be there anyway. So the level of play in the NHL will drop. And the Olympics tournament will be close to worthless. When Team X loses to Team Y, all we will hear is 'But Team X didn't have players 1, 2, 3' and Team Y fans will reply 'We also missed players 4, 5, 6'.

I hope as many players go to the Olympics as possible so Bettman is just left with a fucked product.

NHL players at the Olympics has to happen.. we could FINALLY have an amazing national team with Laine, Aho, Koivu, both Granlunds, Rask, Rinne etc.. i'm salivating at the possibilities.

although we did already have an amazing team at the "World Cup" and we scored 1 goal in the entire tournament.. so yeah. btw thanks for that Filppula.

We talking about how good Zelda is again? Mmmm

It would convert even the most hardened cynic, but I know some people just aren't compelled to buy Nintendo consoles these days. And fair enough. But it's easily my GOTG. It's brilliant and top notch through and through. They've abandoned so many conventions that had for years held back their otherwise excellent game design.

I played Wind Waker just before starting BotW. The differences take some getting used to at first (limited weapons/arrows, dying over and over) but once the world opens up, it starts feeling like a Zelda game again.

Is there a mountain in between you and your destination? Climb it (if it's not raining). Raging river? Use Cryonis to cross it. Lightning in the forecast? Remove your metal objects and huddle with NPC's under a hanging until it passes. Drop a bomb at your feet and run away from an enemy? It'll go around it. I mean, these aren't new groundbreaking features, but it just works so well together. The game really answers the question of "what is a Zelda game?"

Also, I know IR pointing never really took off outside of the Wii, but I think I may like gyro controls more.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't think I like Drake's new album. It feels Hollow but it's better than Views but it's so god damn boring. Do something different Drake.

Passion fruit

ZHahTpl.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I played Wind Waker just before starting BotW. The differences take some getting used to at first (limited weapons/arrows, dying over and over) but once the world opens up, it starts feeling like a Zelda game again.

Is there a mountain in between you and your destination? Climb it (if it's not raining). Raging river? Use Cryonis to cross it. Lightning in the forecast? Remove your metal objects and huddle with NPC's under a hanging until it passes. Drop a bomb at your feet and run away from an enemy? It'll go around it. I mean, these aren't new groundbreaking features, but it just works so well together. The game really answers the question of "what is a Zelda game?"

Also, I know IR pointing never really took off outside of the Wii, but I think I may like gyro controls more.

Terrible...just...terrible....

Vyse24

Tonight MSG is doing one of their Garden of Dreams fundrasier night. Decided that this was gonna be the first one I'd donate.

Also I haven't reached Eventide. I've just been trying to find memories and collecting a lot of seeds along the way.

Red_Man

It's a big night for #RedWings Xavier Ouellet, who gets to play in NHL in Montreal for the 1st time. Expects at least 20 family and friends.
So he's going to score two goals, great.

FINLAND POINTS AROOOOOOOOOOOO

Barkov scores, Teräväinen evens the game with a pass from Aho. too bad there is no audience to witness the Finns dominating.

Red_Man

"You can never have enough Steve Otts in your locker room"

Jason York ladies and gentlemen

Red_Man

Beaulieu and Benn have been so good together, it seems like they've been playing together for years

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Golden Knights say that money is not an issue.

The Vegas Golden Knights plan to be very active when NHL free agency begins, general manager George McPhee told the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

"Money's not a problem," McPhee said Monday in a Q&A with season-ticket holders. "Our owner, Bill Foley, is not afraid to spend to get the right player, and it's our job to identify who those players are."

Some players who can become unrestricted free agents are San Jose Sharks center Joe Thornton, Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie, and Capitals defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk.

They're also planning on unveiling their jerseys in June.

Vegas Golden Knights is still a stupid fucking name.

Top Bottom