• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norm Macdonald Live (youtube, podcast) Season 2 |OT| Norm returns Monday May 12th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Watch his special Me Doing Stand-Up asap. Possibly my favorite of all time, but then again it's still fairly recent.

Unless you have already. In which case there's also his CD Ridiculous, all his Conan appearances over the years and obviously the podcast.

Oh and this absolute gem.

Hehe, thanks! I already binge-watched most of his Late Night/TV show appearances^^ I'll check out the special that you posted!

fritolay

During the Sandler interview, you think Norm is upset he wasn't one of the regulars in the Grown Up movies? It kind of seemed that way and Sandler handled it OK.

Aesius

Based on everything I know about Norm MacDonald, there's no way that is true.

Yeah, Norm certainly isn't a "furnace of ambition."

He probably thinks it's funnier that he was actually left out of the movie. I also think he's content with knowing that he's easily the funniest dude out of all of Sandler's crew.

Aesius

Spade was pretty funny, but he came across as a huge dick, even to Norm.

It's funny because Norm goofed on him viciously when they were both guests on Dennis Miller's show back in the 90s while Spade just sat there and took it.

Tom_Cody

Spade was pretty funny, but he came across as a huge dick, even to Norm.

It's funny because Norm goofed on him viciously when they were both guests on Dennis Miller's show back in the 90s while Spade just sat there and took it.
I thought he was pretty great. His stories about picking up women were amazing. He was either being extremely candid or he was doing an elaborate caricature of himself.

Side comment: did anyone else feel like everyone seemed to be mumbling this week. There was a lot of dialog that was really hard to pick up. I don't know if it was a mic issue or if it was just the nature of the conversation.

I STRAIGHT DIEDDDD of laughter again when Eget kept getting involved, and during the Tinder part when Norm busted out laughing. Too much for me.

fritolay

Yeah, Norm certainly isn't a "furnace of ambition."

He probably thinks it's funnier that he was actually left out of the movie. I also think he's content with knowing that he's easily the funniest dude out of all of Sandler's crew.

How about the $$$ though

the thing that sucks about Norm probably never getting a late night show is that he's actually a pretty great interviewer, and that's what late night really needs (especially once Ferguson leaves). the Carl Reiner episode was great. I wish HBO or some channel like that would give him a shot.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I was hoping Adam would ask Reiner "Where do you get your ideas from?"

Aesius

I was hoping Adam would ask Reiner "Where do you get your ideas from?"

It would have been awesome to see "Egret" get shredded by a 92-year-old man. I kind of felt bad for Adam after the Spade episode though.

That reminds me: Norm needs to do back to back geezer episodes and get Rickles on.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It would have been awesome to see "Egret" get shredded by a 92-year-old man. I kind of felt bad for Adam after the Spade episode though.

That reminds me: Norm needs to do back to back geezer episodes and get Rickles on.

Oh my god, Rickles would tear Adam Eget apart.

Tom_Cody

Out nowhere this became my instant favorite episode.

I have always enjoyed Fred Willard but I had no idea he would be so quick and so funny in this setting. Norm had a few jokes that killed me and the 'make love' exchange absolutely broke me in half.

So many great moments this episode: the opening improvisation, the Rosanne writers' room story, Norm not being able to relate to black comedians.

Aesius

The best part about Norm's podcast is that he acts exactly the same no matter who the guest is. He's the same dude whether he's talking to Sandler or Fred Willard.

Tom_Cody

The Team Coco podcast interview ended up being surprisingly excellent. In general he got very deep. He talked a bit about his book and he even explained a bit about why he likes golf so much.

Golf to me is man against man, man against nature, and then man against himself.
To me, when I watch golf, I see life. But with a score.

It's not Conan's writers, rather the "web guy" and some PAs/interns/whatever.

Not a bad podcast but also not very funny. Will definitely check out the Norm episode though.
My bad.

joeposh

Looks like the Man Grate people got the feedback that they were being sissies about the sponsor pulling. Glad they came back lol.

I was so excited when I heard that Swardson clip start and realized that they wised up and embraced the super cut. Great episode so far -- always love when he has the older hands on.

If any of you haven't listened to Gilbert's new podcast, the episode he did with Dick Cavett (who I figured was dead, but is actually still extremely sharp) was pretty much the greatest. Norm would approve.

Cavett episode: http://sideshownetwork.tv/podcastsEpisode.cfm?podcastid=104&episodeID=4821

The list of upcoming guests sounds pretty nuts as well (almost seems like they recorded the whole season in advance):
Joined by co-host and fellow showbiz fanatic Frank Santopadre, Gilbert talks to comics, singers, voice artists, talk show hosts, writers, musicians, show runners and other eyewitnesses to Hollywood history, including Paul Shaffer, Marty Allen, Dick Cavett, Billy West, "Godfather" actor Gianni Russo, Joe Franklin, Sara Karloff, illustrator/cartoonist Drew Friedman and many more, as they share their memories of show business then and now (but mostly then).

I'm all in just for Billy West and Paul Shaffer.

Helmholtz

Oh my god the opening improv skit is hilarious
Edit: oh my god Fred Willard got old...
Edit: The Adam Eget getting no laughter or reaction to his jokes gag gets me every time. So damn awkward.

New episode is up. The joke at the beginning is hilarious. Classic norm. Also Glass' story about Norm at the start is funny because I could picture Norm doing that.

edit: norm killing me in this interview. "I took 6 months off to do a bit"

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
New episode is up. The joke at the beginning is hilarious. Classic norm. Also Glass' story about Norm at the start is funny because I could picture Norm doing that.

edit: norm killing me in this interview. "I took 6 months off to do a bit"

Mind linking it? I don't see it up anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom